kerbonklin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Gonna take a break from working on my game until I finish reading my new Game Design book I got. =)
    Darkanine
    Darkanine
    Ohh,whats the name of the book?
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    "Game Design" lolol. It's by Course Technology CENGAGE, they use it for colleges.
    It's 3:24 AM and I just finished writing my college research paper! Woot!
    Ruby
    Ruby
    Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? It's 3:25 here too.
    Woot, happy birthday to me! (20) One more year until I can drink some fancy stuff!
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Happy Birthday! Oh how I wish I was in that age again! Make sure to embrace the time you have ahead of you man, the time flies by so fast!
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    stuff such as scotch. Be sure to gargle gravel to get yourself ready.
    Omega Weapon
    Omega Weapon
    Or just stay away from any drink that contains C2H5OH
    So I made my weapon Normal Attack animations, and I also made enemy versions so they can use them too. =)
    So I just finished catching up with JohnTron and dear god the Hercules games were terrible. (Except the PS1 one)
    Darkanine
    Darkanine
    I love the Glory of Hercules series..
    Darkanine
    Darkanine
    Except the DS one,that one was pretty bad IMHO.
    Find the Directional Derivitive of the Tangent Line with a Critical Point in the Region R with a Double Integral for all points X Y bounded by 2 curves. Lol i
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    Lol i'm kidding but yeah Calc 3 is useless to me. =(
    My book's dual-wield attack is reading the book with the ellipses animation as if I bored the enemy to death by reading it.
    I think i'm finally going to take a break on working with battle-related stuff and finally move onto doing the story...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I'd suggest not. Get the core gameplay put together before you get started on the story. It worked for Miyamoto...
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    Hmmm, good point. Although if I make specific skills/items then I might have to find a way to build my story around those, shouldn't be hard with a bit of imagination though.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Everything relating to gameplay needs to support the core gameplay *first,* and story second.
    Aside from building hype, I question the methods of Project Development threads. It looks like one big spoiler that you have to constantly update. No clue if I want to bother doing that.
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    It would be nice but I don't have pretty banners or artwork to show off. Maybe i'll just wait for my project to reach demo-status.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    You don't have to start the Project Development thread as soon as you start working on the game. I find it that it's best to start it once you've got enough stuff to show the potential audience, once the idea is more or less set in stone and you've done some work on the game already.
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    ^ Already have been for the past months.
    I'm at a dilemma. I'm lazy but want to work on my game, but wish I had people to work with but I don't trust people with my creations.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Paranoia is rife :) We all feel our game is the best and if we show anyone, they'll steal from us. First, other people have good games and good ideas too, and don't need to steal from us, and second, if someone WANTS to, they'll do it when you release it anyway.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Input from others, and working with a team, could give you just the push that you need.
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    Worries about anything being stolen is completely out of the question actually. It's more like me thinking "I know what I want of course, but would other people be able to follow my ideal?"
    One of my MMOs "fixed" an extremely broken character exploit....and then it's still not fixed....
    Newest mechanic added - Actors will autobattle automatically if the battle timer reaches 0. MORE PRESSURE!
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    Not exactly ATB, it's a pseudo-ATB I created myself. Actors have 10 seconds to input their action or else they perform Auto Battle for that turn plus a speed debuff.
    kerbonklin
    kerbonklin
    There are stronger skills that can only be activated within the earlier seconds of the turn, and the system will put on the pressure. Fast planning is essential. =)
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Thank you for calling it a mechanic, and not a "system." #PetPeeveProblems
    Looking for someone artistic to advise me a visual style for menus and stuff
    negative_headed
    negative_headed
    Send me a PM. I can see if I can't accommodate.
    negative_headed
    negative_headed
    Actually read your topic, yeah go ahead and contact me, I think I see a possibility
    Bleh, wasting so much time on Terraria instead of working on Princess Lucia. Specter armor is too OP.
    Fully debugged my psuedo ABS preemptive system for now. Maybe now I can go back to working on those Symphony tags...
    Witnessed stupid kids getting into fights while I was on a bus. Kids are savages these days...
    After this painful Calc3 test, I will create a psuedo-ABS used to preemptive on enemies. Enemies will usually go first if you don't take an advantage of this.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilleB