Kes

Awarded Medals 2

Share This Page

Kes

Global Moderators

Global Mod

Even if it wasn't spam, I don't want to approve bot posts. All are badly written & some are incomprehensible. Sep 23, 2018 at 4:50 PM

1. Kes
      Kes
      Even if it wasn't spam, I don't want to approve bot posts. All are badly written & some are incomprehensible.
      1. slimmmeiske2 and SpaceBot like this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        But they always include the links! That’s the most important part.
        Sep 23, 2018 at 11:12 PM
        Kes likes this.
    2. Kupotepo
      Kupotepo
      Sorry, Kes I do not know other moderators very well, so I ask you. What is bumping ? What is start conversation option ? How do I start privates massage ? I read the main rule already, but I still confused.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        To start a private message go to your inbox (or you can float your cursor over it on computer) and choose Start a new conversation. Then you can add a subject title and choose participants by typing in user names (you can do multiple participants by separating names with a comma). There are also settings you can adjust for the conversation as well. Its sort of like sending an email to someone.
        Aug 8, 2018
        Marquise* and Kupotepo like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Kupotepo If you want to try it out, try sending me a test message.
        Aug 8, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Bumping - which comes from Bring Up My Post - is posting something which causes the thread to become active again and moves it up the list of topics. You can do this if there have been no posts by anyone for 72 hours.
        Aug 8, 2018
        Marquise* and Kupotepo like this.
    3. Google_Chrom
      Google_Chrom
      Happy 6 years anniversary @Kes I hope you enjoy it!
      1. Zeriab, Marsigne and Kes like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Thank you.
        Aug 3, 2018
        Zeriab and Marsigne like this.
    4. Kupotepo
      Kupotepo
      Please close my thread on"Please help me with Cutscene Ideas." The question is too vague. Thank you for your help.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        The best way to get a thread closed is to use the Report button on your opening post and ask for it to be closed. That way you won't have to wait until I come back on site to see this, as Mods might not see a post or an Update, but will see a Report.
        Aug 2, 2018
    5. Kes
      Kes
      New month, old reminder. Back up your project NOW.
      1. Zeriab, bgillisp, Chiara and 2 others like this.
      2. Knayter
        Knayter
        You don't need to backup your project if you don't have a project!
        Aug 1, 2018
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Always sage advice.
        Aug 2, 2018
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Remember to test your backup system as well
        Aug 2, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    6. keithkarnage
      keithkarnage
      Hey Kes, thanks for the heads up on the necro posting thing. I am new here. I was wondering, how does one go about relating a new solution to an old problem (that I was newly experiencing) without posting on an old thread? Should I start a new thread somewhere saying 'new solution to old problem' or something. Thanks a lot.
      1. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        You can start a new thread. And if solution based on old thread doesn't work, you can link the old thread to your new thread and ask about it.
        Jul 17, 2018
    7. Kes
      Kes
      Today's random reminder is (yes, you've guessed it) Backup your project NOW.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kes
        Kes
        @Poryg Find me that rule!
        To be fair, I have made other Updates, though not recently, it is true.
        Jul 2, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        Whoops, after checking with the rules it looks like I've mixed in some rules from a different community :(
        Jul 2, 2018
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Oh dear I was talking about that yesterday XD I am reallly late ^^
        Jul 15, 2018
    8. Rudostan
      Rudostan
      Kes i'm looking for someone to make some textures for me. Where should I announce it?
      1. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        First, two questions about this. One, how many textures? Two, will the person making them be paid?

If there are just a few textures, and it will be free, put it in Resource Requests. If there are a lot of textures, and it will be free, use Project Recruitment. If the artist will be paid, post in Classifieds, regardless of the number of textures.
        Jun 16, 2018
        Rudostan likes this.
      2. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        Classifieds will not be visible until you have reached 30 posts.

I am not a moderator, so I could be wrong about what I said above, but I am basing this off of what moderators have said in the past. :)
        Jun 16, 2018
      3. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        And P.S., good luck getting those textures done. :kaojoy:
        Jun 16, 2018
    9. Rudostan
      Rudostan
      Hey Kes should I post on vx ace script forum that issue with script?
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        If you have an issue with a script, you should first post in that script's topic. If you don't get a reply there you can make a new topic in RGSS3 Script Support.
        Jun 16, 2018
        Kes likes this.
    10. Kes
      Kes
      And today's random reminder is ... Back up your project and do it NOW! I know, not original, but that doesn't make it less needed.
      2. Mrs_Allykat
        Mrs_Allykat
        Agreed. I back up projects on Fridays, and I do a image backup of my HDD on Sundays. Sometimes, and not just for RM projects, I make a copy of what I'm working on just because!
        Jun 3, 2018
      3. GolfHacker
        GolfHacker
        I had a backup go bad once too. Now I keep multiple backup dvds, and rotate between them.
        Jun 3, 2018
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Yeah, multiple backups are a good idea. Because a backup external drive could get corrupted or lost or who knows what else. If you're not limited on internet bandwidth, storing some backups online somewhere like in dropbox or google drive is a good idea. At least once a month or something. And if you can't backup everything, at least backup the Data folder of the project.
        Jun 3, 2018
        GolfHacker and Mrs_Allykat like this.
    11. Kes
      Kes
      Today's random reminder. Back up your project and do it NOW. Several posts recently about data being lost and no backup. So sad.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I got mine on both the PC and a thumb drive.
        Apr 21, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Even if you don't have any external drives, you can always back up to multiple free cloud services. While the reliability of these may be questionable, there is no denying that it is better than no backups at all. One good way of doing it is to zip your project and email it to yourself in gmail. Gmail is reliable and gives a lot of free space.
        Apr 21, 2018
      4. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        Thanks, reminders like these, (and getting machine) are what made me back mine up. Meow.
        Apr 22, 2018
    12. Nightshade
      Nightshade
      Sorry about my thread being in wrong place. I honestly though thier was a serious bug with the program not my game. I have updated my profile to include RMMV as main engin i use. again really sorry
      1. Celianna
        Celianna
        No need to apologize! We don't fault our members for posting in the wrong place :)
        Apr 13, 2018
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        Always safe to assume any bug is with your game and not the program :) If I had a dollar every time someone said "bug with the program" and it was something they'd done wrong ... I'd be able to stay here chatting longer rather than go to work!
        Apr 13, 2018
        bgillisp likes this.
      3. Kes
        Kes
        Apr 13, 2018
    13. Kes
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        Apr 7, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Apr 7, 2018
        FleshToDust, Marquise* and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Careful when online MS don't try to drill its products to you.
        Apr 7, 2018
        Kes, FleshToDust and starlight dream like this.
    14. Kes
      Kes
      If all goes well, 'Shadows and Lies' will be released Friday or Saturday. I'm excited by that!
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        Now I'm going to be torn between working on my game and playing yours! What do you reckon is going to be the playtime for someone who's really lousy with RPGs?
        Apr 5, 2018
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        when do you plan to release on steam? (Not that I want to get it from there - I dislike the platform - just curious how long you'll avoid it)
        Apr 5, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        @Shaz Playtime - hmm, that is so player dependent. Not less than 12, and if you are really bad, say 46? But hopefully I've designed it so that you always have at least some idea of what to do next, which reduces wasted time. As for Steam - that's not decided yet. I'll avoid it for a while so as to maximise sales without Steam taking their cut from the income. A year maybe?
        Apr 5, 2018
        Shaz and starlight dream like this.
    15. Kes
      Kes
      1. Zeriab, Marquise*, Shaz and 8 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Kes
        Kes
        @The Stranger Thanks. I am much happier with this artist than the previous one. It's more my preferred style.
        Mar 25, 2018
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Hope all the forum sees it; it seems great.
        Mar 28, 2018
        The Stranger and Kes like this.
      5. Kes
        Kes
        Mar 28, 2018
        Marquise* and The Stranger like this.
    16. Kes
      Kes
      Get video capture to work on an AMD laptop is proving to be an even bigger nightmare than I had feared.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        I hadn't heard of that one before.
        Just been and looked at the prices. Faints.
        Mar 25, 2018
      3. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I think a few years ago, I got a demo of camtasia, I used it because it was the best one available to record an old classic game I played called Ultima Online. Most other screen capture stuff (at the time) just sucked. I haven't visited the camtasia suite page in a long time. Demo is fully featured I believe. And lasts like 30 days maybe?
        Mar 25, 2018
        Kes likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Mar 25, 2018
    17. sentorsen
      sentorsen
      You can delete this if you want but there is no clear way to post anywhere. No way to communicate whatsoever is to be found after searching for half an hour on the forums and main site, the one way i found got shut down instead of answered, and there was no clear way to send you a message, god help us.
      1. mlogan
        mlogan
        You did make a post about your issue. It was not shut down. We have a policy that a member's first 2 posts have to be manually approved. This is to prevent spam bots from flooding the forums. It's been a very effective measure. I can see your post - it just needs to be approved, which, I will check it now.
        Mar 17, 2018
    18. KayZaman
      1. Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        I....must....continue....
        Feb 28, 2018
        Guiguimu and Kes like this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        How wise - though after that length of time it might be easier to restart!
        Feb 28, 2018
        Guiguimu and KayZaman like this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Wait... Your anti-virus try to erase all the programs and games you have on back-burner? o_O THAT SUCKS!
        Feb 28, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
    19. Kes
      Kes
      REQUEST could everyone who has written a plugin update it for v1.6 This is a major reason for crashes at the moment. Thanks!
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        @Hudell I would still recommend testing it though because you never know.
        Feb 22, 2018
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Something changed in the file load commands from what I've seen, so if you use any of them, better update, else it will probably not work on a version 1.6 project.
        Feb 22, 2018
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        Yes, that is one thing that changed in the nw.js itself. @KanaX had this problem yesterday and managed to figure it out. If you use folders to load files, the slashes used to separate folder names are being converted to the %2F character and then nw.js fails to load them.
        Feb 22, 2018
    20. Kes
      Kes
      Random reminder - back up your project NOW. Sadly, still getting posts from people who have lost all/big chunk of their data.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Thank you I was side ship spriting in CS4!
        Feb 16, 2018
        Thomas Smith likes this.
      3. Thomas Smith
        Thomas Smith
        I have my files on Dropbox in three locations. Am I covered? :D
        Feb 21, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        ok, my fellow forum.
        Feb 28, 2018
        Marquise* and Thomas Smith like this.