Kes

Awarded Medals 3

Share This Page

Kes

Global Moderators

Global Mod

When did you last do a backup? More than a week ago? Time for another one - don't lose your progress, you know you will cry if you do. Jun 12, 2019 at 2:59 PM

1. Kes
      Kes
      When did you last do a backup? More than a week ago? Time for another one - don't lose your progress, you know you will cry if you do.
      1. atoms, zerobeat032, Finnuval and 6 others like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. ??????
        ??????
        tbh, I have lost so much work due to not backing up, and i still rarely backup anything... #livingontheedge
        Jun 12, 2019 at 9:35 PM
      4. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I done one ever time I work on it.
        Jun 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM
      5. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I do one every time I work on it. *
        Jun 13, 2019 at 1:47 AM
    2. Kes
      Kes
      Oops, went to bump my thread & realised just in time that there's still 12 hours before 72 hours is up. I'd have to mod myself if I did that
      1. View previous comments...
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I've moved your thread into so and so forum. Please try to post into the correct forum next time.
        Jun 10, 2019 at 8:42 AM
        Marsigne and Finnuval like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        I'd love to see that happening someday. :p
        Jun 10, 2019 at 10:58 AM
        Finnuval likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Safe to do it now, the time's up.
        Jun 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM
        Marsigne likes this.
    3. Kes
      Kes
      For all you Manga fans - went to an exhibition 'The Art of Urasawa Naoki'. The man himself was there.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        At one point he asked for pens, went to a bit of blank wall & in 5 minutes drew a self-portrait.
        Why the guitar? Because he plays it, and quite well, he gave us a mini-concert.
        Jun 7, 2019
        Artificer and Finnuval like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Why is that an image & not a link? If you click on it, it will take you to the post with 3 photos, including the completed drawing.
        Jun 7, 2019
        Artificer likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        My friend has a history of running into famous people. There was the one time we were at Magfest and he spotted Keiji Inafune (the creator of Mega Man) in the dealers room. Of course, he got his picture. And then one time, he was sitting in a quiet restaurant at some horror convention and Robert Eungland walked in.
        Jun 7, 2019
    4. Kes
      Kes
      I don't get it! The number of people who post a query, go offline a minute later & don't come back for days. Do they really want an answer?
      2. Ryisunique
        Ryisunique
        Like me?
        May 4, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Some ppl just give up after a day not getting an answer. It happens. I tried to ask a person in discord to try to ask it in the official forum, they give up.

Some ppl might just got an answer in other place and forgot to report here.
        May 4, 2019
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Some people used different forums. @TheoAllen, see you on the rpgmakercentral lol.
        May 12, 2019
    5. Lilly
      Lilly
      Is there a way to make that Thread just disappear?
      2. Lilly
        Lilly
        ...?
        I'm new on this forum so I don't know what your talking about...
        Apr 10, 2019
      3. Kes
        Kes
        My phone messed up the macros. Sorted now, just says Closed, without the move bit.
        @Lilly We do not delete threads apart from a few exceptional circumstances e.g. illegality, flaming.
        Apr 10, 2019
      4. Lilly
        Lilly
        Okay..Thanks for clearing that up.
        Apr 10, 2019
    6. Kes
      Kes
      To all you users of Game Mechanics Design forum.../cont'd
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Maybe we should add this to the rules of Game Mechanics Design.
        Mar 5, 2019
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Question: does it still need the approval to post like it used to be?
        Mar 5, 2019
      4. Kes
        Kes
        @TheoAllen Game Ideas and Prototypes is no longer a moderated section, so you can post direct. There is a suggested template to help people.
        @slimmmeiske2 yeah, good point.
        Mar 5, 2019
    7. Theguysayshi
      Theguysayshi
      Sorry for the intrusion, I'm looking for a VX script called "Save File Doctor" https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/save-file-doctor.40497/

Sadly, the website is gone and the script sadly lost to the world. I saw that you used it a bunch and was wondering if you still had it! It sounds like a marvel script and desperately need something like it for one of my projects.
      1. peq42_
        peq42_
        Probably would be better if you PM kes instead of posting on his/her profile...
        Mar 3, 2019
        lianderson and Kes like this.
      2. Theguysayshi
        Theguysayshi
        Ah! Drat you're right... Sorry I'm new here haha
        Apologies. I will do that.
        Mar 3, 2019
        lianderson and peq42_ like this.
    8. RafaelSoares
      RafaelSoares
      Okay, i'll check out my post! Thanks!
    9. Kes
      Kes
      In my last game I changed 'mimic' to 'Chest with attitude'. Can't think of an alternative this time round
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        "Liarbox"
        Feb 17, 2019
        Kes likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        You can change it name to a illusion box or a big mouth chest.
        Feb 17, 2019
        Kes likes this.
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Thanks so much guys. I made the update more as a moan than anything else. I didn't expect all these ideas to come flooding in. Nice to see creativity in action.
        Feb 17, 2019
    10. Kes
      Kes
      Can you afford to lose all the progress you've made since your last backup? If not, you know what to do!
      2. NinjaKittyProductions
        NinjaKittyProductions
        fallenlorelei... that is okay to do but remember, if the harddrive fails your backups are worthless. Its best to have backups on a different drive or source. I usually back up my projects to google drive <_<
        Feb 10, 2019
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        You should backup, the backup of your backup. I remember the horror story of about a month ago where the dude lost 3 years worth of game, because he did not back up the project.
        Feb 10, 2019
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Yeah, ideally you'd backup in several places. On external hard drive (this is quicker if your project is big and internet connection isn't as fast), and also on the net somewhere in case you lose the external HD, but it can take a while to upload a ~500 MB project. I backup once every handful of days on external HD, and about once a month on the internet somewhere.
        Feb 10, 2019
    11. Kes
      Kes
      Does the term "to shin up" something make sense in US English?
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Doesn't it mean to climb up or down something quickly using your legs and arms? Makes me think of someone sorta hugging a tree. xD I imagine it's a fairly uncommon word outside our isles, @Kes.
        Feb 7, 2019
      3. Kes
        Kes
        @The Stranger I guess you're right. Trying to convey that with a synonym doesn't seem possible. I'll have him say something else.
        Feb 8, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        I love using these sorts of things in games, though. Regional dialects and what not can really help breathe life into your characters. While playing Ni No Kuni 2, I was introduced to a whole town of people who used a Midlands dialect. It put a bloody huge grin on my face, what with being from that neck of the woods an' all. Man, I do love me some regional dialects in games\stories. xD
        Feb 8, 2019
    12. Kes
      Kes
      New year. New backup. Do it now.
      2. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        Murphy's law... it strikes when you least expect it, so better to be prepared.
        Jan 2, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        I've been thinking about doing so lately. Considering all the events I've placed in, that is a good idea.
        Jan 2, 2019
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        DONE! Happy New Year Kes! May it be as benevolent toward you as your status PSAs ^^
        Jan 12, 2019
        Kes likes this.
    13. Kes
      Kes
      We've decided: multiple IGMC review threads (with/without videos) go in Let's Play; single reviews in the game's own page. Happy reviewing.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Each thread has their own videos, that's what that forum is for. You don't see the contest, you see people playing a game. Have a look at a couple of them. Some IGMC reviews will have videos e.g. Indrah, others will be written.
        Dec 3, 2018
        Kupotepo likes this.
      3. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        Thank you for the explanation. I am easily confuse and get lost here, sorry to brother you and take time out from your game making.
        Dec 3, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        @Kupotepo Don't worry about it, it's much better to ask for an explanation than to stay confused.
        Dec 3, 2018
        Kupotepo likes this.
    14. Kes
      Kes
      Please guys, don't post more IGMC threads in General Discussion, they don't belong there and will have to be moved when the ...
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Got you doing overtime trying to keep everything organised, Kes? xD
        Dec 2, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Nightmare - this is the sort of reason why I have so little time to work on my own project.
        Dec 2, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
      5. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        @Kes, lol that would be terrible for contest if you would not complete your game.
        Dec 3, 2018
    15. Kupotepo
      Kupotepo
      Thank you, Kes for closing "Mature discussion warning; Should animal who attacks person be put down?" People will just go over and over their beliefs and it will never end. I just there to remind people at the end of the day we are all here to help each other.

And how are you doing and what your life in a general?
      1. DivideByZero
        DivideByZero
        Good thanks, you?
        Oct 13, 2018
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I am doing well thank. I did not close the thread. I think is Kes.
        Oct 13, 2018
    16. Kes
      Kes
      Even if it wasn't spam, I don't want to approve bot posts. All are badly written & some are incomprehensible.
      1. slimmmeiske2 and SpaceBot like this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        But they always include the links! That’s the most important part.
        Sep 23, 2018
        Kes likes this.
    17. Kupotepo
      Kupotepo
      Sorry, Kes I do not know other moderators very well, so I ask you. What is bumping ? What is start conversation option ? How do I start privates massage ? I read the main rule already, but I still confused.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        To start a private message go to your inbox (or you can float your cursor over it on computer) and choose Start a new conversation. Then you can add a subject title and choose participants by typing in user names (you can do multiple participants by separating names with a comma). There are also settings you can adjust for the conversation as well. Its sort of like sending an email to someone.
        Aug 8, 2018
        Marquise* and Kupotepo like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Kupotepo If you want to try it out, try sending me a test message.
        Aug 8, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Bumping - which comes from Bring Up My Post - is posting something which causes the thread to become active again and moves it up the list of topics. You can do this if there have been no posts by anyone for 72 hours.
        Aug 8, 2018
        Marquise* and Kupotepo like this.
    18. Google_Chrom
      Google_Chrom
      Happy 6 years anniversary @Kes I hope you enjoy it!
      1. Zeriab, Marsigne and Kes like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Thank you.
        Aug 3, 2018
        Zeriab and Marsigne like this.
    19. Kupotepo
      Kupotepo
      Please close my thread on"Please help me with Cutscene Ideas." The question is too vague. Thank you for your help.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        The best way to get a thread closed is to use the Report button on your opening post and ask for it to be closed. That way you won't have to wait until I come back on site to see this, as Mods might not see a post or an Update, but will see a Report.
        Aug 2, 2018
    20. Kes
      Kes
      New month, old reminder. Back up your project NOW.
      1. Wavelength, Zeriab, bgillisp and 3 others like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Always sage advice.
        Aug 2, 2018
      4. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Remember to test your backup system as well
        Aug 2, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Thanks for this reminder! It's been a couple of months but I'm going to back up my project NOW.
        Oct 10, 2018
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Signature

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Undefeated on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/332390
    The Tale of a Common Man on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/370670
    A Timely Intervention on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/461340