KillerGin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey everyone!

A fun question/hypothetical:

If you were living in an illusion/hologram... what are some of the ways that you, as a player, would be able to tell? (OR what kind of cool game mechanics would you implement in this scenario to help the player slowly find out)

I am all ears.
    Reactions: Celestrium
    Kirri
    Kirri
    ^ Following the dream theory, we also tend to have very short dream but feels longer. So maybe the player check the watch and realize not much time have passed. (This is not really about illusion/hologram but I thought this might give some idea).
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Nice nice, great stuff so far.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    The use of deja-vu similar to how The Matrix movies do it - as a minor reset to restore a glitch in the program - comes to mind
    The forth episode of Indie RPG Shenanigans!

We are just a bunch of nerds enjoying some RPGs, come join the Shenanigans!

Episode 4 - Einlanzer!

Youtube Link:
    YAY! My second Big discovery to update RPG Maker Games has been posted!

Reactions: xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    Wow! Thank you for sharing this! What an easy way to increase performance! I had just run into some frame rate loss after using Yanlfy's picture common events plugin to create some HUD buttons using Avery's icons and after following you super simple guide, I'm back up to 60fps consistently. I should also note, using Yanfly's atb system, I was seeing some decent frame rate loss but almost zero now!
    I just posted a video version of how to Dramatically improve your MV game (also applies to MZ)

KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Absolutely! I added an update to the guide for MZ..... it is much easier.

This guide is mostly for all the MV users out there.
    ??????
    ??????
    nwjs is *not* the reason, nor the solution for the performance issues that both mv and mz suffer from. this will only improve performance (and only very slightly) for deploying for windows. A real fix or solution would improve performance for web and mobile too!
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    This improved my gams frame rate from 15-20 FPS to 55-60 FPS on powerful laptops that had trouble running the game (they where using their integrated graphics card).

Others went from 30-40 fps to a smooth 60 FPS.

Many others on the post also reported massive gains, some say their current project runs better than having an empty project with default NW.js.

so I would say its a performance booster.
    Started to work on a Manga! So I am converting the Story told in my game to a Manga version. The Manga will be much darker and grittier than the RPG story. YAY!
    I just posted the "Update your NW.js to Dramatically improve your games performance" in the RPG Maker MV tutorials section! I hope it helps a few devs out!
    I'm working on the guide to help ALL MV (and possibly MZ, haven't checked yet) GREATLY Improve the performance of their game by easily updated their NW.js version. Should be done shorty..... its super easy once you know how.
    Community Service Announcement:
    I updated RPG Maker MV to NW.js Version 49.2 (Even higher then RPG Maker MZ)
    Now the performance is amazing! (even for integrated GPUs, let me explain)
    Just an FYI for all developers, if people are saying that your game runs a bit slow, you should tell them to make sure the correct GPU is running the game.
    So, I'll be starting a new "lets play" and review Youtube series with my friends starting today. Yay! This should be fun (doing 2 videos a week)
    5,325 hrs later with a 128 page game guide complete, I can confidently walk away from my first game ever. Time for game 2!!!
    This update was really fun!

Wildlife generation, new Optional Lighting Mode, Game Optimization, and much more.

All in a days work! lol
    Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Animebryan
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Those guides can get huge. Mine was 328 pages in the end.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Wow! Yeah, I can see it getting far longer. I think when I start adding the map layouts the size will increase dramatically.
    Someone told me that completed games for the RPG Maker Engine is super rare. Is it really? And if so.... why? Because most do it as a hobby?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Because most think it's easy, until they start.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    @Shaz making RPGs is.... super easy, barely an inconvenience! lol jk (quote from a youtube series I like, pitch meetings).

many made the point that is usually 1 person trying to do it all..... and RPGs themselves are very complex, and involve 100x more love and attention than people realize (they also require a wide range of skills), these 2 points are definitely some of the best.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    @Celestrium oh absolutely! Luckily I have had very supportive people in my life and the 1 person who was not supportive, made it a nightmare and I dont know if I coulda did what Ive done if that person remained in my life. RPGs before.... you know lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anime_Weeb