KillerGin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I hope the game guide helps players understand Homestead mode a little  better. This is just a short term fix, in-game tutorials incoming.
    a 7 year old convinced me to allow the spouses that you marry to join your party to adventure with you... and to add pets... brilliant kid!
    Reactions: 4 people
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    UPDATE:

As a result of this amazing conversation:

This and a lot more is ready to be released today or tomorrow in the next update. Good times! Full breakdown below:

Killer Gin Update 0.7.1!! (Homestead 0.0.2)

- Added 21+ new playable characters

- All dating prospects have a specific class (White Mage, Black Mage, Fighter, etc)

- Created a dog for Homestead, yes he can also be a party member.

- Updated Game engine to 1.3.4 (memory fixes)

- Fixes Homestead livestock code and gift code

- New skills, items, etc.

- and much, MUCH more!
    I am merging Homestead mode (farming/dating simulator) into the main RPG! Next big update coming!
    I thought the daily gift giving and talking system was going to be tricky... its been a breeze! So far its very much like Stardew Valleys gift giving and daily talking system but will be much more complex and subtle in terms of what people like/dislike, etc.
    I just found a plugin that makes the MV browser experience much smoother! Between this patch and the memory patch my game is getting awesome!
    OMG that one script FIXED virtually all my memory problems!! Now the game runs so well that I can run it on Android! (Minus the sound lag problem lol but I'll take it). I am so happy!
    OMG! MV still has some HUGE memory issues... UG! When is the next big patch coming?!
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Do our work for us.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    @Archeia

Unfortunately, I have no love for working on game engines lol. I tried before, it was such a pain! lol I know, the irony.

Don't get me wrong, I love MV, and I do appreciate the work that you guys put into the engine. I just have been soon patient, it has almost been a year now... or perhaps already a year. I just want a game that runs decently, that doesn't crash because of memory issues in mere minutes, or if I am lucky and have a beastly computer, in an hr or two.

I teach a video game development class at a local college, my students buy RPG Maker MV every semester as part of my course (this is my fourth semester teaching the class so far).

I waited patiently for MV so that I could finally dive head long into making my first ever RPG. Unfortunately because of the memory leaks, making the game on mobile platforms like Android and iPhone seem impossible, small platforms can't handle such a leak. (Even though the engine is clearly advertised for those platforms, one of the main reasons I waited for MV). I just really have my hopes up for the upcoming patch. I just got a little frustrated when my game is finally getting good and BAM, unplayable due to memory leaks.

Sorry, I will wait a bit longer, I will just keep busy teaching and developing my game until then. Ah it's almost 5 am, time for sleep. ;0)
    Lantiz
    Lantiz
    I'm probably doing something wrong, this kind of stuff never happened for me (yes, the irony), not by the engine's fault (not saying the problem does not exists).

Only time when that happened I fixed it using some "Control Z" on the plugin I was working... no idea what the problem was tho, but it's clear that there was a problem on my code.

My game never goes above 300mb of memory usage and I use a LOT of events on procedural maps, even in 1920x1080.

Is that a mobile problem?
    I wonder how much players will like the brand new lighting system mechanic in my game (Day/night cycle, Custom time system, Torch light mechanic, etc). Its very hard to make it all work well together. 
    I just recorded and posted the very first Developer's Diary of my game on youtube! It was fun but now I am nervous lol...
    Its great to have additional testers! This is the result:

Killer Gin Update 0.5.6d

- Play Killer Gin online

- Battle system changed

- Custom Sleep mechanic added

- Quest fixes, game mechanic tweaks

Thanks
    I highly recommend getting as many people to play test your demo as possible.

1) They try things you never think of trying.
    2)Testers come with a fresh pair of eyes and an empty slate. They will catch the things you take for granted, this is especially true for story elements.
    3) They can provide fresh ideas.
    4) and much more!

Thankfully I have seen an huge increase of testers for me, allowing me to catch and fix many bugs... ah! They are everywhere!
    Well, my first try at a script ended in a disaster! I had to take it out for the sake of the game LOL
    Reactions: 1 person
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    So did mine. Ah... can't say I'm particularly good at it, even now. But you'll get better with time. And, a word to the wise, you should probably make a new project when testing scripts, so you don't, uh, well you know, completely destroy your game. 
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    lol Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I was so excited to just include it. Well I took it out and the game is much better for it. At least I made it so that people can play the game online now, yay for that.
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    Hey, won't get better unless you try!
    [SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Added freezing and thawing mechanics (for my crops) that work with the random dynamic weather system. Crops are affected by snow, rain, and sunlight! Frozen crops will die quickly if not taken cared of, or exposed to sunlight in a certain amount of time.[/SIZE]
    Reactions: 2 people
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Hey guys!

These are all new features that I am working into the next version of my game that I am calling Killer Gin Homestead (the game is called Killer Gin)

Thanks for all the awesome questions!

The crop system is tied to the custom time and dynamic weather system.

@Wavelength Thanks, I am adding so much more! When you play homestead its kinda the point, to take care of your homestead. When you leave the homestead and go off to the main RPG, time stays still for your homestead. Freezing crops used to be tedious lol, 10% chance to freeze per hour was way too much lol, I have since dropped it to 3% per hour (when snowing) and when you treat the plant with thaw it drops to 2%...

@The Stranger, Wow, great idea! You think I should add that in? Right now the answer is no lol. Right now the only things you have to do is fertilize and water the plants... and make sure they don't freeze or catch bugs lol. 

If you take good care of your crops they will be harvested as premium crops. 

All these new additions and much more will be in the next version of Killer Gin! (www.killergin.com you can download a demo today) ;0)
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @KillerGin I guess it depends on how realistic you want it to be. I help out with growing crops (garden variety and larger varieties) and direct sunlight will damage certain plants; it scorches their leaves. For a game, though, I'm not sure if it will do anything beyond add a certain level of tedium to farming. It's a very real danger when growing real crops, but then again, so are blights, disease, and fungal infections.

If you don't think it would add anything beyond being a chore, I wouldn't bother with it. xD
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    @The Stranger, So right now if the crop is frozen, if its exposed to 4 hours of sunlight before it dies from frozen (if you donate are of it first) it will thaw by itself! Other than that, when it rains, you don't have to worry about watering the plant!

Perhaps too much sunlight will start negatively affecting the water level of the plants..... hmmm.

I like the way you think!
    This is what Drifty from Driftwood gaming said after playing Killer Gin 0.5.6a

"I just recorded an hour long first impressions video on your game. My first impressions are this is an absolutely fantastic game and will help you promote it on my channel. Look forward to the video with my commentary and feedback which should be posted by late tonight -> tomorrow morning. Really great work with this project!"

Humbled! Thanks so much! Can't wait to see the videos and all the constructive feedback which will enable me to make a better game! 

Killer Gin is JUST getting started!
    I just implemented a CUSTOM time and weather system into my game! Using no scripts!!! Its so awesome!
    Reactions: 2 people
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Magic! *_* Must be aweseome.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    lol well, was awesome, and just the beginning. Did you check it out? Just laying the ground work for Killer Gin Homestead! www.killergin.com 
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Looks good. I'll try it out when I have time. (curse school. And sorry about my other post. You can delete it if you like. I kinda brainfarted. xD)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowderr