KillerGin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, my first try at a script ended in a disaster! I had to take it out for the sake of the game LOL
    Reactions: 1 person
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    So did mine. Ah... can't say I'm particularly good at it, even now. But you'll get better with time. And, a word to the wise, you should probably make a new project when testing scripts, so you don't, uh, well you know, completely destroy your game. 
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    lol Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I was so excited to just include it. Well I took it out and the game is much better for it. At least I made it so that people can play the game online now, yay for that.
    The_Trinity
    The_Trinity
    Hey, won't get better unless you try!
    [SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Added freezing and thawing mechanics (for my crops) that work with the random dynamic weather system. Crops are affected by snow, rain, and sunlight! Frozen crops will die quickly if not taken cared of, or exposed to sunlight in a certain amount of time.[/SIZE]
    Reactions: 2 people
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Hey guys!

These are all new features that I am working into the next version of my game that I am calling Killer Gin Homestead (the game is called Killer Gin)

Thanks for all the awesome questions!

The crop system is tied to the custom time and dynamic weather system.

@Wavelength Thanks, I am adding so much more! When you play homestead its kinda the point, to take care of your homestead. When you leave the homestead and go off to the main RPG, time stays still for your homestead. Freezing crops used to be tedious lol, 10% chance to freeze per hour was way too much lol, I have since dropped it to 3% per hour (when snowing) and when you treat the plant with thaw it drops to 2%...

@The Stranger, Wow, great idea! You think I should add that in? Right now the answer is no lol. Right now the only things you have to do is fertilize and water the plants... and make sure they don't freeze or catch bugs lol. 

If you take good care of your crops they will be harvested as premium crops. 

All these new additions and much more will be in the next version of Killer Gin! (www.killergin.com you can download a demo today) ;0)
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @KillerGin I guess it depends on how realistic you want it to be. I help out with growing crops (garden variety and larger varieties) and direct sunlight will damage certain plants; it scorches their leaves. For a game, though, I'm not sure if it will do anything beyond add a certain level of tedium to farming. It's a very real danger when growing real crops, but then again, so are blights, disease, and fungal infections.

If you don't think it would add anything beyond being a chore, I wouldn't bother with it. xD
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    @The Stranger, So right now if the crop is frozen, if its exposed to 4 hours of sunlight before it dies from frozen (if you donate are of it first) it will thaw by itself! Other than that, when it rains, you don't have to worry about watering the plant!

Perhaps too much sunlight will start negatively affecting the water level of the plants..... hmmm.

I like the way you think!
    This is what Drifty from Driftwood gaming said after playing Killer Gin 0.5.6a

"I just recorded an hour long first impressions video on your game. My first impressions are this is an absolutely fantastic game and will help you promote it on my channel. Look forward to the video with my commentary and feedback which should be posted by late tonight -> tomorrow morning. Really great work with this project!"

Humbled! Thanks so much! Can't wait to see the videos and all the constructive feedback which will enable me to make a better game! 

Killer Gin is JUST getting started!
    I just implemented a CUSTOM time and weather system into my game! Using no scripts!!! Its so awesome!
    Reactions: 2 people
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Magic! *_* Must be aweseome.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    lol well, was awesome, and just the beginning. Did you check it out? Just laying the ground work for Killer Gin Homestead! www.killergin.com 
    Amane Kagari
    Amane Kagari
    Looks good. I'll try it out when I have time. (curse school. And sorry about my other post. You can delete it if you like. I kinda brainfarted. xD)
    Finished the massive update and uploaded it for everyone to check out. Biggest update yet, doubling the size of game, etc. Check it out and let me know what you think ;0)
    Killer Gin Game demo updated!

This update mainly addressed growing pains associated with introducing a few new game mechanics. 

Thanks, I look forward to your feedback.
    Just released new Version of my demo!

New Killer Gin Release, Version 0.4! (8/2/16)

Whats added:

- Added an injury system (tied to hunger and sleeping system) 
    - Added a hunger System (don't go hungry!)
    - Elemental system updated
    - Weather system updated
    - Healing undead will hurt them!
    - Tweaked all enemie stats and AI
    - Added battle graphics and battle animations!
    - Added Spike and boulder traps (Infinity dungeon)!
    - Added Menu to track Party info (under status, extra info)
    - Added new story scene (more will wait till STEAM release)
    - Added more everything (items, skills, etc)!

There is so much more to come from Killer Gin!

Thanks, I look forward to your feedback!
    Feeling a lil overwhelmed with the impending STEAM version of my game.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Shaz
    Shaz
    spend some time outside in the sun.  If you have sun.  Otherwise just get away from the computer for a while and be a bit active - get your mind onto something else.
    KillerGin
    KillerGin
    Lol thanks. I just have to take it one day at a time. 
    Latest Demo posted. All efforts are now focused on STEAM debut. Please check out latest version. I look forward to your feedback. 

////////////////////////

Hello all,

This is the final Killer Gin Version for a while until Killer Gin officially debuts on STEAM! The STEAM debut will greately expand Killer Gin. STEAM details: https://killergin.com/steam/

Whats new in 0.3.1a?

• All plugins have been updated!
    • Weather now carries into battle!

Until then, download the game (PC, Mac, Android), check out the game trailer (rough draft), and let me know what you think. 

Regards,

The Killer Gin
    Check out my new game trailer! Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback would be great so that I may finalize the STEAM version.
    Killer Gin ANDROID Update!

Hello Guys!,

I've noticed more and more people downloading the Android Version of Killer Gin so I decided to update the Android build to the newest version, version .0.3.1.

Enjoy,

The Killer Gin

p.s. The screen buttons work properly now. Sorry the mobile version is still a lil laggy, it will improve in due time. The PC and Mac Version are very smooth!
    Killer Gin is finally hitting its stride! 

Don't get me wrong, Killer Gin is far from complete, the release date is early 2017. However, I am now getting some VERY positive feedback from respectable gamers.
    I didn't realize how many people rush through games without exploring or equipping their characters. As a result I had to make the beginning of my game much easier.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Ms Littlefish My brother used to do that ALL THE TIME. he'd mash the button through the text in Zelda games, and then call me and ask where he's supposed to go. When I realized what he was doing, I stopped telling him. Once he finally had his own internet at home (this was a good 15 years ago...) he finally started to realize that reading the damn text is easier than looking up where to go.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    @taarna23 That would drive me nuts. It's one thing to get a bit of text fatigue, that happens to a lot of people even if the dialogue is good. But, some people are mashing, "A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A" right as the game boots. I guess that's doable in some games, but RPGs and adventure games!?
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @Ms Littlefish It did! "Did you just mash the button through the text?" 'Yes...' "Well, I guess you're stuck, then."

I don't understand, either, but at least he learned. He no longer does that, with one exception, and I don't blame him - button mash through the untranslated Japanese text in a game we play. XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

reading what makes plugins tick, so you can use other plugins to trigger said plugin... setup up Luna MV to have my own custom ATB Gauges from Yanfly's ATB. cool
It's Easter on Monday. Anybody got any Easter quarantine eggs? It'll also be my birthday, I'll be 31.
Sometimes I feel like I'm using plugins feature the wrong way. But as long as it works tho.
Dusting off RPG Maker MV and seriously working with it since COVID-19 has me with a lot of free time. Have a game project that is coming along steadily and I hope it proceeds past the alpha stage into something good now that I figured MV out.
I've had an account here for four years, but only started posting and working in 2018. I guess I always had the want. Crazy. Guess I'll be seein' y'all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGMAKERINITFAM