Kino

EIS Game Dev, Male, from United States

Veteran

Just released visual novel tool plugin thing. Yay ~ Jan 11, 2018

Kino was last seen:
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    1. Kino
      Kino
      Creating typescript definition for MV for that sweet intellisense.
    2. Kino
      Kino
      PUT and POST; why do you hate me so?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Well, it was going to be just basic JSON files, but I might just use the local storage instead. The idea was to unlock the ability to deal with files on the web for RMMV. But I think using the local storage would be easier. But you definitely can't have files that go over the local storage limit in that case.
        Jul 13, 2017
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        That's true. But if you want to send files over the internet to be stored on the server, a simple PHP script can manage what you want to handle the post request. If you'd like, I can make a sample page to show you that accepts a POST request. I'd probably just make it re-display the request's body for example sake.
        Jul 13, 2017
      4. Kino
        Kino
        That'd be nice I could use that information for future projects. Maybe I can make something like this work.
        Jul 13, 2017
    3. Kino
      Kino
      Grinding out JS callbacks post, involving some of the closure stuff from yesterday.
    4. Kino
      Kino
      Time for retrogames and a little fun Discord bot programming. I want to add reminders.~
    5. Kino
      Kino
      Goodnight lovely forumers; Have a wonderful rest of the day. ~
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Nanight :)
        Jul 11, 2017
        Susan likes this.
    6. Kino
      Kino
      All the functional programming stuff has really changed my mindset on creating plugins. I'm actually using my whiteboard these days. Lol
      1. Shaz and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Kino
        Kino
        Nah not a pure functional language; it's simply JavaScript, but writing it in a functional style. I don't have immutability, but I can keep the same paradigm in mind to minimize mutations in my code. And I usually write random stuff on my whiteboard like ideas or input-output and how I want things to look. lol
        Jul 11, 2017
        TakeHomeTheCup and The Stranger like this.
      4. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        Functional programming is awesome! So glad you're using it and open to it. So many people hate on FP with JS. Keep up the good work.
        Jul 11, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      5. Kino
        Kino
        Thanks, man; I enjoy learning new things. And this definitely helps me get more work done in a faster time.
        Jul 11, 2017
    7. Kino
      Kino
      Reenergized; going to write a post on the command line. We're going to go into how to make tools to make your life easier.
      1. Tea's Jams, Marsigne and Bonkers like this.
    8. Kino
      Kino
      Functional programming is hard and stressful. But definitely rewarding once you wrap your head around it.
      1. LTN Games, Marsigne and waynee95 like this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        Really cool stuff; teaches you to value functions more and not reinvent the wheel and really model your data and programs in a different way. Like I thought of a new way to model money in a bank for a plugin I want to make.
        Jul 10, 2017
        LTN Games and waynee95 like this.
      4. Uranium
        Uranium
        Hey I was wondering if you would be intrested in helping me with a small task for money?
        Jul 10, 2017
      5. Kino
        Kino
        Send me a message/ pm me. Maybe I can help.
        Jul 10, 2017
    9. SolemnDream
      SolemnDream
      Hey, how are you holding up? Tell me if you're not able to work on my request so I can figure out how to adjust. Take it easy, and I hope you feel better soon! ^^
      1. Stanley likes this.
    10. Kino
      Kino
      Much vacation required. _ _ So many headaches from trying to implement one thing, but it's done now. Think my health got worse as a result.
      1. Stanley
        Stanley
        It went from not okay to okay to not okay :D
        Are you stressed out?
        Jul 8, 2017
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Ohhh yes very much so. Lol I'm like @ @ super stressed.
        Jul 10, 2017
    11. Kino
      Kino
      Learning Python to expand the scope of what can be created. Still feeling pretty sad though.
      1. King Gerar and Tea's Jams like this.
      2. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Hope you feel better soon!
        Jul 2, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        Thanks I really appreciate that. ^^
        Jul 2, 2017
        Marsigne and Tea's Jams like this.
    12. Kino
      Kino
      All the Node.js modules for now are done; process has been posted. Now, on to the next library!
      1. Marsigne and Tea's Jams like this.
    13. Kino
      Kino
      Almost done with post on Node.js streams. A lot of benefits with using streams for large chunks of data.
      1. Tea's Jams
        Tea's Jams
        Can you just take all this knowledge you have about this stuff, and like, inject it into my brain please? Thanks. :p
        Jun 22, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Haha I could try :p
        Jun 22, 2017
        Tea's Jams likes this.
    14. Kino
      Kino
      Writing code in es6 and es5 can be fairly painful. Anyway Node.js Event post done. ^^
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        ES stands for EcmaScript it's another name for JavaScript. And @nio kasgami I like Typescript because it's what gives us intellisense and autocomplete in JS. But I definitely like es6 more. Although there is a language you reminded me of called Dart
        Jun 21, 2017
      4. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        I hate es5, I switched to es6and never turned back lol @nio kasgami es5lacks types too, at least ES6 is cleaner and has way more useful methods and block scoping.
        Jun 21, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      5. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        Oh I know ES5 can be pretty verbose to type but ES6 is cleaner just...when you used to ES5...or TS it's feel empty

I heard of dart wich is pretty much almost like TS but ...different in same time
        Jun 21, 2017
        Kino likes this.
    15. Kino
      Kino
      Okay, last two topics to cover in detail are Node.js streams, events, and finally the process.
      1. Tea's Jams, Rhino and Kyuukon like this.
    16. Zeriab
      Zeriab
      Keep up the good work!
      1. Kyuukon, Kino and taarna23 like this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Thanks I'll do my best! Your comment made my day!
        Jun 20, 2017
    17. Kino
      Kino
      I changed Minvera a lot; looking for plugin creators who want to add their plugins to an RPGMakerMV command line tool.
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Status Updates isn't the place to start project recruitment - if that is what you are doing.
        Jun 19, 2017
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Nope; not recruiting people through status updates. Simply talking about things I'm excited about.
        Jun 19, 2017
    18. Kino
      Kino
      Creating a cahce of almost all the plugins people usually use _ _to make things easier on people using the command line tool.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Do you have permission from the plugin creators to do this? Some don't allow for redistribution and may not appreciate your efforts.
        Jun 19, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Good point to make; the tool is only for downloading files from specific makers, but I should ask them if they're okay with using a tool to download a plugin from their website.
        Jun 19, 2017
        taarna23 likes this.
    19. Kino
      Kino
      1. Tea's Jams likes this.
    20. Kino
      Kino
      http://prntscr.com/fky2fc Here's what the json file looks like. I made it so it can download JSON, .js files now and .txt files.
      1. djDarkX likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    November 2
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome!

My name is Kino; I am a person interested in learning the ins and outs of making games. I have been interested in Game Development for many years.

I personally grew up playing video games. After playing RPGs (Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, etc.), that's where I found my passion for games. It was the one genre of game I could play by myself, and enjoy being a hero, and I enjoyed it immensely. So, these days I want to fo focus on making games that are enjoyable, interesting, and also in some way help improve the lives of other people.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Sincerely,

Kino,

Games, scripting, reading, learning, software development, game development, story writing, blogging, archery, and learning to communicate with people.

Interact