Kino

EIS Game Dev, Male, from United States

Veteran

Just released visual novel tool plugin thing. Yay ~ Jan 11, 2018

Kino was last seen:
Oct 9, 2019
    1. Kino
      Kino
      Building a package manager for RMMV, well could work with other version of rpgmaker. But you would need NodeJS to make it work.
      1. fiddlesticks and waynee95 like this.
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        sudo apt-get game-upgrade? Haha, sorry. Linux CLI joke.

Sounds interesting, though. Can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.
        Jun 18, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        sudo apt-get game-upgrade would be cool. LOL I do love my linux command line options. I'm making this with nodeJS
        Jun 18, 2017
        djDarkX likes this.
      4. waynee95
        waynee95
        Sounds interesting. :D
        Jun 18, 2017
        Kino likes this.
    2. Kino
      Kino
      Updated my menu common event plugin; now you can request common events to run on any Scene_MenuBase scene and have items run common events!
      1. waynee95, Marsigne and Tea's Jams like this.
      2. waynee95
        waynee95
        That's really cool. I have to check it out. :D
        Jun 15, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        Thanks! Much appreciated; I keep all that stuff on my website. ~
        Jun 15, 2017
    3. Kino
      Kino
      Cool; now I can call events from any map. :elwink:
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Achievement Unlocked "The Ansible" - Upgrade the instantaneous event communication tree to the highest level.
        Jun 13, 2017
        Kino and Susan like this.
    4. Kino
      Kino
      Wrote call event functionality, now I can call events in the same map... I should try and make it work for other maps too.
      1. fiddlesticks and waynee95 like this.
    5. Kino
      Kino
      Got PIXI text working on my RMMV project, but bitmap text give me access to way more features... hmmm
    6. Kino
      Kino
      So I got my text log, full screen window, and word wrapped text. Got a system clock too. What other stuff do VN's need?
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
      2. Rhino
        Rhino
        Please forgive me if this is impertinent, but do you think you'll be releasing the text log to the public at some point? ^^' Other stuff VNs need.. Have you got the graphics sorted? XD Apart from interesting character busts, CGs are my favourite part of them! (which is why my game currently has like 50 planned. FML that's a lot of art..)
        Jun 12, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        This plugin is going to be more a commercial use project with a lot of features. But if you have suggestions, I will try to add them.
        Jun 12, 2017
        Rhino likes this.
    7. UgyBoogie
      UgyBoogie
      Your new profile picture looks gorgeous! :kaoluv: Mind telling me who the artist is?
      1. waynee95 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. MHRob
      4. UgyBoogie
        UgyBoogie
        @MHRob I knew I've seen this style before! Thanks mate.
        Jun 4, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      5. Kino
        Kino
        Yea I sub to her, so that's why I have these avatars
        Jun 4, 2017
    8. Kino
      Kino
      Need more ideas for the visual novel engine stuff. What kind of functionality would people want?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kino
        Kino
        Not so much the event timer system; I'm aiming to add things more on the animation side. Right now I added a name window, picture window, backdrops, and commands to change those backdrops
        Jun 3, 2017
        waynee95 likes this.
      3. Celianna
        Celianna
        Autoread (a button somewhere near the message window?), and being able to set the speed.

Then there's the log to re-read text you may have accidentally skipped over.
        Jun 3, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      4. Kino
        Kino
        I have a text log in there; it's a work in progress lol. But yea! I think that feature is a must. And I never thought about autoread ~
        Jun 3, 2017
    9. Kino
      Kino
      Well, I got the name window, picture window, and movie borders into project Yuna. Need to make it work with Rem now to make my life easier.
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
    10. Kino
      Kino
      Should be able to focus more on creating plugins now with less work between me and coding.
    11. Kino
      Kino
      Hard choice is hard; how to go about creating the foreground sprites and layers. Should I assign them to actors? Decisions decisions
    12. Kino
      Kino
      Time to build more things; back to working on Project Yuna ~. Need more practical ideas for my PI
    13. Kino
      Kino
      Working on my Yuna project; got the window for showing standard VN commands up. Need to decide on a design for the text log window.
    14. Kino
      Kino
      Just added snippets to Rem; save your code snippets into a text file, and reuse them as you see fit. yisss
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    15. Kino
      Kino
      So, you can use a Linux bash shell on Windows. I love the Linux shell <3
    16. Kino
      Kino
      Quick PSA for those who like Linux or want to learn Linux, Windows 10 has dev mode that provides access to a Linux bash console using Ubuntu
    17. Kino
      Kino
      Personal note to self: create an Etrian Odyssey game UI. Screen shake can be done with displacement variables and random number generator.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    18. Kino
      Kino
      I think I just fell in love with VS code... I can do some wonderful things with plugin development now.

Source mapping and babel. Arrow functions here I come!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    19. Kino
      Kino
      Finally started working on the Librarium Writer now. Going to be using electron and maybe react. Deadline : December 25th.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Kino
        Kino
        What's with the sigh?
        Dec 11, 2016
      3. Raijinn
        Raijinn
        Noob Question: What is a Librarium?
        May 30, 2017
        Kino likes this.
      4. Kino
        Kino
        A Librarium is a library; that's what EISLibrarium is for, to create libraries in your RMMV game that a player can access and show them tons of information
        May 30, 2017
    20. Kino
      Kino
      For those who like the Rem System; I added an in game version of the text sequence and randomizer, so you can randomize in game text, instead of doing it from a text file. I also added a new repeater function, which lets you repeat the text multiple times.
  • About

Birthday:
    November 2
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome!

My name is Kino; I am a person interested in learning the ins and outs of making games. I have been interested in Game Development for many years.

I personally grew up playing video games. After playing RPGs (Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, etc.), that's where I found my passion for games. It was the one genre of game I could play by myself, and enjoy being a hero, and I enjoyed it immensely. So, these days I want to fo focus on making games that are enjoyable, interesting, and also in some way help improve the lives of other people.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Sincerely,

Kino,

Games, scripting, reading, learning, software development, game development, story writing, blogging, archery, and learning to communicate with people.

Interact