Kino

EIS Game Dev, Male, from United States

Veteran

Just released visual novel tool plugin thing. Yay ~ Jan 11, 2018

Kino was last seen:
Mar 3, 2019
    1. Kino
      Kino
      I wonder what it would be like to celebrate Christmas in a warm place. I wouldn't be able to build snowman, I don't know how I feel about that.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Yep, what Alexander said. You may not be able to build a snowman, but you can go outside, sometimes in shorts and a t-shirt, and ride that new bike you got, try out the new roller skates, whatever. Sometimes it can be cold though. Here in Texas, and a lot of the south, we are more prone to ice if it's cold enough than actual snow.

And it's not only not knowing how to drive on it, but it's the lack of equipment to deal with it. There's not incentive for areas to spend millions on trucks and salt and all that's going to get used maybe every year or two. So when it happens, only main roads are treated, leaving so many smaller roads to their own.

The irony of my one white Christmas is that I did live in the northeast for 8 years and never saw a white Christmas (though my family in Texas had one, one of those years). It wasn't until 3 years ago when we flew back to spend Christmas with the in-laws that I got to experience one.
        Oct 13, 2016
      3. Kino
        Kino
        That's pretty  cool. And wow, you used to live in the North  East and no White  Christmas in 8 years?  That's kind of amazing in itself. 

I feel for you on the roads bit; it happens here in the North East also. They leave the small roads in meh condition. I wish they didn't ruin the snow in my yard though.
        Oct 14, 2016
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Small/unknown rounds can be incredibly dangerous during the times we get blizzards or a lot of snow in New York. They can't keep up with plowing or salting them so they can be incredibly icy or packed with snow.
        Oct 14, 2016
    2. Kino
      Kino
      As a result of my improvements to make a better book system; the Rem System will have text codes available in more than just message windows. Hurray, time for more interesting fun.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    3. Kino
      Kino
      Text Randomization Option; this is based on a line by line basis though, could use improvements for parsing substrings.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    4. Kino
      Kino
      Text codes seperated by directories, to allow for less direct typing into the editor.

Need to add randomization and sequencing by implementing a queue.
      1. 2 people like this.
    5. Kino
      Kino
      Just got a website setup to host some of the plugins I've created in the past.
      http://endlessillusoft.com/

More stuff to come while I work on the grid inventory.
      1. 2 people like this.
    6. Kino
      Kino
      Just about done with an Inventory system for RPGMakerMV. 
      I'm still fine tuning a couple of things. 
      Should be ready for the community pretty soon.
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. LuLingqi1
        LuLingqi1
        I'm excitedddd
        Sep 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    7. Kino
      Kino
      The harder the problem, the better the impact.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    8. Kino
      Kino
      It was fun creating the music player; I think it needs more working parts though.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    9. Kino
      Kino
      Almost done now; I added a lot of stuff to this thing.

1 more day left; I'm really happy to show this to everyone.

I think the functionality in the plugin will be of use to the community.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    10. Kino
      Kino
      I need actual deadlines....
      Going to finish this project asap.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        " I need actual deadlines.... "

Uh.... you have one hour....??? :D

.... no clue.  Best of luck on your project anyhow!
        Jul 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Kino
        Kino
        An hour is too short! 
        Give me 3 days boss!

But, thanks; I'm aiming to have it done in 3 days. Lol
        Jul 2, 2016
    11. Kino
      Kino
      Finally got the column positioning set up the way I want it to be.
      Now, you'd be able to position content within a window using a grid based layout.
    12. Kino
      Kino
      Node.js is fun to use; I've never made any command line tools before. Going to play with some of the Node modules in MV and see what that gets me. Have to make this summer count.

Side note: Building a rational mindset toward the world is a fun struggle.
    13. Kino
      Kino
      Would a file system be useful to devs? Personally,  I'd like it if I could store some information in a txt file,  or in a JSON format outside of the save data. 

For example, Image information for maps, book information (title, text, etc),  maybe storing code inside a text file for future evaluation.

Really to just separate the plugin from any overhead. Or make it more flexible.
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        in MV it's quite simple to do all that.
        Jun 26, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        I actually ended up writing something for that today. So, I can just make files with commands. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
        Jun 26, 2016
    14. Kino
      Kino
      Working on my first split file plugin.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    15. Kino
      Kino
      Playing an old game, one with a lot of interesting features. 
      This was definitely an important game during my childhood: 
    16. Kino
      Kino
      Added Angular to my website; that was a pain. Getting it to work with Meteor at the start was tough, but it's going to be much nicer now.
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Angular can be pretty dang fancypants. I worked with it a little at work. I didn't do much, but I liked what I saw.
        May 31, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Kino
        Kino
        It's  really nice, because of the built in animations and the dynamic nature of the system.

I'm using it with meteor, which handles all the back end database stuff, so it's really easy to work with right now.
        May 31, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Sounds like a good combo, then! Most of my website skills got lost along the way.
        May 31, 2016
    17. Kino
      Kino
      Restructuring work and links to plugins.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    18. Kino
      Kino
      I really should set up a website soon...
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Kim_Shyuen
        Kim_Shyuen
        me too
        May 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Kino
      Kino
      Getting close to one thousand lines; this will be my first thousand line plugin, and/or program ever.
      Next step is to draw more actors on the map at once, that don't follow the player.
      Secondly, adding the necessary camera movements.

If anyone has any ideas; they would be greatly appreciated!
    20. Kino
      Kino
      The next part of the plugin is starting soon. Path finding algorithm, more windows, and a command palette. The hardest part of the script; let the fun times begin! Let us dare greatly while doing so.
  • About

Birthday:
    November 2
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome!

My name is Kino; I am a person interested in learning the ins and outs of making games. I have been interested in Game Development for many years.

I personally grew up playing video games. After playing RPGs (Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, etc.), that's where I found my passion for games. It was the one genre of game I could play by myself, and enjoy being a hero, and I enjoyed it immensely. So, these days I want to fo focus on making games that are enjoyable, interesting, and also in some way help improve the lives of other people.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Sincerely,

Kino,

Games, scripting, reading, learning, software development, game development, story writing, blogging, archery, and learning to communicate with people.

Interact