Recent content by kirbwarrior

1. kirbwarrior

Actor resists poison too easily

Luck can affect state chance, but the difference has to be quite large to have much of an effect. How does the special attack poison him? Considering how nothing seems to be poisoning him, is there ANYTHING in the game that can make him immune to poison?
  2. kirbwarrior

Item/MP Hoarding Prevention

I think the nuance matters. Preventing something often focuses on making it harder to do something. Incentivizing something focuses on shifting what the player wants to do. For instance, if I think players using the same skill over and over again is a problem, I could prevent them from doing so...
  3. kirbwarrior

Thunder comes before the lightning?

Inside the loop you have it flash the screen, wait 30 frames, play the thunder sound, then wait 320 frames. That alone seems like a fine way to have lightning happening every so often, but it will only happen between 450 and 900 times. If I'm remembering frames right, then 350 frames time 900...
  4. kirbwarrior

Thunder comes before the lightning?

Glad you got it to work! Random question, is there a reason you have it set to last a maximum of 87 minutes?
  5. kirbwarrior

What damage formulas do you use?

I can't say I've seen a TRPG where the damage variance seemed even neutral, let alone good. That was one of my biggest issues with FFTA and FFTA2. Even Shining Force back in the day was odd with damage variance. I feel like there being the chance of critical attacks is already plenty variance (I...
  6. kirbwarrior

It's odd to me how many things are commonplace in TRPGs are almost unheard of in other rpgs. Being able to see damage, being able to see enemy stats, fully detailed explanations of what a skill does, some even telling me what the enemy plans to do, I feel like all of this would help regular rpgs...
  7. kirbwarrior

https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/36290-damage-formulas-101-mv-edition/ This helped me a lot. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmv-damage-formula-ideas-and-help.47099/ This is the one on the site.
  8. kirbwarrior

For a simple example in genre, let's say I have Attack, Smash, Fire, and Absorb as my only attacks and there are four different enemies in this boss encounter. How do I figure out how much damage I'll deal? It's already hard enough to figure out when damage is simple (atk - def or some variant...
  9. kirbwarrior

[Poll] Rounding Up/Down?

I just realized I answered with this in mind instead of programming XD But my answer still applies. As you said, let the system automatically truncate for you.
  10. kirbwarrior

[Poll] Rounding Up/Down?

I prefer to not round if I can help it. But when I have to, I often try to round in the player's favor. Otherwise, I drop fractions (round towards 0) but only at the end of the equation (namely, when the number actually matters, such as the end result of damage).
  11. kirbwarrior

If something in your game is working perfectly, but it really shouldn't be, and you can't figure out why it is...

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :L More seriously, I feel like it's the opposite of a bug, which I don't think we have a word for. Then again, it could be the cause of a bug down the road, so it might actually BE the bug.
  12. kirbwarrior

Balanced class stats and attacks.

The three big things to remember; A) How does Attack work? This is the baseline. Do actors go down in 5 hits? 10 hits? 2 hits? It doesn't even have to be "Attack" but whatever the system uses for your consistent or reliable move (and if you don't have anything like that, then you have a far more...
  13. kirbwarrior

"Random" Loot based on the Luck stat.

It just straight up being a choice sounds like a lot of fun. Having it apply to all chests could work simply enough. As for 'picking' your reward from a chest, it could be a weight thing (picking up the sword, armor, or gold bag opens the trap that drops the other two) or multiple chests...
  14. kirbwarrior

"Random" Loot based on the Luck stat.

If a stat is something you actually have to invest in and are told to improve (like most games do), then not only does the player want to improve it, but they also want to get the rewards for improving it. If they are told (or worse, not told) to want to open it with not the best luck, then it...
  15. kirbwarrior

Not quite there, but check out Pokemon's damage calculation at some point. It's unnecessarily complicated, especially for a game that refuses to let you know how much damage you do (Or really clarity in battle at all). One of the Final Fantasies uses something like str*3 as a base and decreases...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.
would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenrir_