Recent content by Kisa135

1. A door with many keys?

@Andar So, I don't remember touching Common Events in any way, shape or form. But, guess where I found it :kaoangry: Thank you for all your help despite my lack of comprehension!:kaocry: Sorry it took so long, it seems to be working now!
  2. A door with many keys?

@Andar These are the only other place where the variables are mentioned in any way.
  3. A door with many keys?

@Andar As I said in previous posts, when the item goes down, all of that works fine. What happens is, once the deed is done and the switch gets activated, I lose all control of the player character. There's no way to screenshot it because everything looks perfectly normal. It even animates...
  4. A door with many keys?

@Kupotepo Second and third pages are literally just: "If this switch is active, say this" I put the check for if the switch is active under the conditions bar on the left and unless that's also a coding mistake somehow...
  5. A door with many keys?

This is my current code. it works for MisterChicken. I just need it to also work for MisterSnuggles.
  6. A door with many keys?

@Kupotepo I'm sure that works wonderful magic and I'm thankful for it but the key doesn't go into the door, the key is something placed onto a switch so the door becomes unlocked in another part of the same map.
  7. A door with many keys?

@Kupotepo Unlock. Also, for some reason, adding an extra line of dialogue after the code makes it progress past the freeze... Squinting really hard at my editor now because I DID try that before.... EDIT: NEVERMIND, it only fixed itself for MisterChicken and not MisterSnuggles. It still freezes...
  8. A door with many keys?

@Andar Thank you very much for that explanation. Unfortunately, even using it, my game doesn't do anything after putting the item in place. I really don't understand. The game runs perfectly fine, I get to the menus, I select the items alright, the image appears at the event location properly...
  9. A door with many keys?

@mathmaster74 Yes, I did while testing out the Conditional Choice+ plugin. It made no difference. I added that line after testing without it and it did much the same thing.
  10. A door with many keys?

@Kupotepo That looks like it'll help a lot in streamlining the code but sadly my event still freezes at the end. :kaocry: It seems to be some issue with exiting out of the event (I could be wrong though)
  11. A door with many keys?

It does make sense, in fact it looks very similar to what I did in fact do but that didn't work so I tried a few other variations and I- Well, I'm honestly kind of sad now. I'd love to get it working soon.
  12. A door with many keys?

Yes! Sorry. Here you go (I'll update the main post, too.)
  13. A door with many keys?

Hello, I'm new to rmmv and trying to make a small game for a friend (And for practice) using no plugins or outside scripts. What gave me an issue was when I tried to make a locked door with two possible keys. Both keys are supposed to work. But, the key the player uses will change the story down...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took a six week summer break from making my game, hoping some inspiration would magically strike me and I'd easily finish the last minigame and find the remaining music, but no such luck :D Guess I'll soon have to just sit down again and grind the project to the finish line. Well, at least I played a couple of good games. The Messenger was fun (when it didn't cause you rage) and currently playing World End Syndrome.
Enig and Riley.png
Each area of my game acts sort of like a level of sorts. These 3 are the bosses of the first area. Called Team Outcast, there's Riley, Mary Mars McQueen (Triple M), and Enig. A trio of wanna be super heroes.
hQopibt.gif

Now with animated hair~
This could be useful...
I made a menu option that pulls a (accurate) version of the world map from my game instead of having a "traditional" world map. How did I do?

1656552400614.png

..Every time after I edit it and repost it I find a new tiny error I made. :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordan001