Kitsunekko
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Making tilesets is easy. Just throw what you think will look good together and hope for the best.
    How does one make some grunts be memorable while not making them be very basic when you're writing a script?
    I. Cannot. Find. A. Plugin. That. I. Can. Figure. Out. How. To. Use. With. Pixel. Movement. In. My. Game.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Most are not designed with that in mind I'm afraid. You'll probably have to write your own if you really want pixel movement.
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    What sucks is I DID find some that work but they bug OUT for some reason. It's so DUMB. How am I supposed to make a good ABS if it bugs out on me at every event?
    I've been wondering for the past few days...
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    Is it possibly fine to use the 'Ideas and Prototypes' forum page to keep a log of progress made in developing the game prototype or something? Because I'm VERY interested in that.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    that would probably be a question to post in that forum, or in Site Feedback.
    The U.S.A. needs a nocturnal school for nocturnal people.
    You know you're an idiot when you stare at code for three minutes and don't understand what the heck it's saying. Rip.
    Tfw you manage to make a rookie puzzle and get the transitions to go how you want after 3 hours trial and error. I am a genius.
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    I was thinking a more Legend of Zelda-style battle system where you have to rely on your actions and maneuverability to avoid and make hits.

I suck at coding, though, and I have no idea how to open plugins because an error comes up. I always have to pull up Sublime Text for it.
    RetroExcellent
    RetroExcellent
    I am using QABS for mine, I think it'll be what you are looking for. It does have a bit of a learning curve to implement, but worth the effort.
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    Are you talking Quixos' QABS? I think that I tried that but I wasn't able to figure out how to get it to work. Now that I have a somewhat round-about way of opening .js files, though, I should be able to figure it out. Hopefully.

Btw when updating plugins, do you open the .js files and copy the whole code over again into it, or do you do something else?
    Tfw you thought you posted a status on your own page and it wasn't on your page. Oops. Oh well. 'Cest la vie.
    And after all that time, the '\' key is still sticky, busted, and clumsy... at least the 'enter' key was a bit more cooperative.
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    At least you have a spare keyboard, even if it is much larger and far louder than the original. :)
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    Well I did get this laptop for about $200 about a year ago, so for it to last that long and only glitch out text every now and then and only start to lose some of the key capabilities is pretty neat.
    Kitsunekko
    Kitsunekko
    I get that feeling when you use a key that you use all the time. Happened to me with my old laptop when I was way into writing. Of all things, it was the 'I' key and multiple other keys--that's what I got the keyboard for.
    Trying to fix keyboard keys suck.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.
So ... uh ... this weekend I have to cut my husband's hair. He searched long and hard - highest mountains, deepest valleys, across vast oceans. All hairdressers are now closed. So it's me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TmoD2010