Sep 5, 2018

Followers 1

Birthday:
Mar 16, 1989 (Age: 29)

Share This Page

KoldBlood

Make It Better, Male, 29, from The Void

Veteran

Took so long writing a reply to a forum thread that I ended up just deciding not to post it at all. Aug 17, 2018

KoldBlood was last seen:
Sep 5, 2018
    1. KoldBlood
      KoldBlood
      Took so long writing a reply to a forum thread that I ended up just deciding not to post it at all.
    2. KoldBlood
      KoldBlood
      Work needs to chill out just a little bit so I can do some more work on my project. :/
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        "Work needs to chill out" I have to re-use this one at least once in my life. Thank you.
        Apr 18, 2018
        starlight dream and KoldBlood like this.
    3. KoldBlood
      KoldBlood
      Was reading through the Game Mech Forum earlier and the thought came to mind: Are we overthinking it? o_O
      1. starlight dream and Guiguimu like this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Sometimes, yes.
        Apr 12, 2018
        Guiguimu likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 16, 1989 (Age: 29)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Video Games, Anime, Coding
    I've worked with RPG Maker since XP, I worked some in VX and recently a lot in VX Ace. I've been through at least 6 projects that went nowhere I'm sad to admit... but I also admit that it was probably because I was a newb at RPG Maker and didn't know what I was doing. Since then I've become an expert with the event system and the scripting system fueled me to try to learn Ruby which fueled me to try to learn C++ which fueled me to try to learn HTML which ultimately made me become a great VB coder with a fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming.

I'm not all that impressed with Final Fantasy (FF1 is an exception), I draw most of my inspiration for my current project from Tales of Vesperia which I personally consider to be the best RPG that I've played next to something like Super Mario RPG (feel free to disagree, this is my opinion only). I especially like the Real Time Battle System and for Final Fantasy fans reading this here's my problem with Final Fantasy; if you're going to give me an Action Battle System let me have full control, if your going to give me a Menu/Turn Based Battle System let me make tactical decisions and navigate menus at my leisure but for love of game design don't combine them! I love turn based battle systems and love the real time battle systems that games like Tales of Vesperia used but I absolutely cannot stand the ATB system that Final Fantasy uses, if the game uses an ATB gauge for battle actions I will never finish the game... Sorry but that's the truth. To date, I've never finished Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7, or Final Fantasy 13. I just can't do it. Sorry.

Finally, in my off time I tend to spend my time either honing my coding skills, playing games, or watching Anime. That's about all I can tell you about me. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

As for my game making skills my latest project, "Project DREAM", is my best RPG creation yet and the only game for me to finally create up to a relatively playable state. I still haven't named it yet but I've made far more progress Story, Map, Puzzle, Battle, and Progression-wise than I have in any other project to date.

That said, I think the game is pretty good but I doubt other people will think so. I'm self-conscious about showing my work to other people and I'm not very good at interacting with the public. That said if you have the interest feel free to PM me and I'll drop a link for the Demo of the game when I get to that point with it. I can use all the feedback I can get.

Signature

"Make it better." - Rareware

Disclaimer: Most posts have been written from work in my spare time so please forgive any spelling errors, grammatical errors, or exceptionally long reply times. Posts may contain opinions that some readers may not agree with, learn to deal with opinions or don't reply.