Kovos_Datch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I've started a really strict diet to get back in shape for summer and it's messing with my mental processes. I'm having trouble keeping focused and making coherent thought.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    1000 calories is too low. Try for 1500. Your body needs a minimum amount to remain functioning and healthy. 1000 or less is too little, and you'll start seeing negative side effects such as hair loss, fatigue, and other nasty things if you keep it up.
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Diets cutting Calories don't work and often show temporary results. A better solution would be to eat the right kind of healthy food,Which fills you up when you eat little, Mostly high in Proteins and Right kind of Fats.
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    Guys, don't worry. My intake is around 1000-1500 a day. I'm using my Fitbit to track it all. I'm doing it safely!

Please reread what I said. I'm doing a 1000 deficit to what I burn a day. So if I burn 2500 a day (which is pretty average for someone of my size, age, and gender), I still eat 1500 worth of calories a day.
    Finished the opening cutscene for my game. I like the way it turned out, but I'll have to see what friends think...
    Took a day off from game dev to play board games with my friends. We had such a blast.
    Lilly
    Lilly
    Scrabble?
    (Classic game~!)
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    We played a newer game (Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill) and a newer remake of a classic (Cosmic Encounter)!
    Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
    Reactions: Shaz
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    Oh and also forgot to mention it lets the player rename their character.
    Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
    Kes
    Kes
    If you search through the section 'Game Mechanics Design', you will find a number of discussions about scaling enemies, the pros and cons, balancing issues etc. Might be worth your time to browse through them.
    Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
    Tbh, I liked the mapping functionality of VX Ace more than MV but I like the feel of MV tilesets more. The main thing I don't like about MV tilesets is how the big trees feel like they are about to fall off cliffs >.<
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Isn't the mapping functionality the same, apart from the addition of the extra layer?
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    I think the outdoor cliffs work slightly differently. Or maybe it's the shift clicking that changes it...? But it feels different from what I'm used to in VX Ace.
    Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
    I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
    Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    I attempted something similar to that where when the player touches the leave map region, it flips a switch to clear the events. However, flipping the switch back is a whole other problem.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    you can use the erase event thing as well. That way whenever you re-enter the map the events will re-appear.
    Kes
    Kes
    Status Updates is not the place to discuss Support questions. If you have a query please post in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
    Mūsu Tēvs Mūsu Tēvs debesīs! Svētīts lai top Tavs vārds. Lai nāk Tava valstība. Tavs prāts lai notiek, kas debesīs, tā arī virs zemes. Mūsu dienišķo maizi dod mums šodien. Un piedod mums mūsu parādus. Kā arī mēs piedodam saviem parādniekiem. Un neieved mūs kārdināšanā. Bet atpestī mūs no ļauna. Jo Tavs pieder valstība, spēks un gods mūžīgi. Āmen.
    Keniisu
    Keniisu
    For those too lazy to translate yourself...here ya go. "Our Father Our Father in heaven! Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth. Our daily bread give us today. And forgive us our debts. As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. In your kingdom, power and the glory forever. Amen."
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    It's Latvian
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    My academic adviser was a Latvian and a devout Catholic, so this is a small tribute to him.
    Went to my academic adviser's funeral Mass today. It was a beautiful service. Rest in peace, Dr. L.
    Just purchased the DS resource DLC, the Modern Day resource DLC, and the Germania resource DLC from Steam. I am pleased.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    All good stuff!
    Dr. L., you are gone, but you will never be forgotten! Rest in peace.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Who is that, and in what manner is he/she gone?
    Kovos_Datch
    Kovos_Datch
    He was my academic adviser when I was in college. He passed away yesterday.
    PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    Aww... :( sorry to hear that.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.
Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wutong