l8rose was last seen:
Viewing thread Card Game, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    1. l8rose
      l8rose
      The new Steam layout is horrendous.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        I don't like it, because the previous one was much more intuitive. Wanna go to games? Go to games. Wanna open RM? Go to software. Now I need to go home, click on Games, uncheck Games, check Software and then open RM. Took me minutes to figure out, which is not a sign of an intuitive UI.
        Nov 16, 2019 at 5:54 PM
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        As for the contents themselves, they look horrendous, but I actually am okay with them. Although they should've left the community content out of there. Nevertheless, I don't see being able to see who is playing what game as a bad thing. If you open Steam chat, you can see it anyway. XD
        Nov 16, 2019 at 5:58 PM
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        It really does feel clunky. The older layout was much clearer, in my opinion. Now everything is a jumbled mess of pictures and other things. Soon there will be Facebook integration, and Steam will automatically post updates to FB whenever you unlock an achievement. :p
        Nov 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    2. l8rose
      l8rose
      Decided to destress. Ended up lining 7 sketches and colored another. Now if only I could focus that much on being productive.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        But hadn't humans been lazy, many inventions wouldn't have seen the world :<
        Nov 15, 2019 at 2:56 PM
        l8rose likes this.
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        It's not lazy, it's figuring out the quickest way to finish something! lol
        Nov 16, 2019 at 3:54 AM
        Finnuval likes this.
    3. l8rose
      l8rose
      Stuck at my parent's house for the night with just my chromebook. Thank god for downloading on netflix or this would be one long night.
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        It's a handy function, for sure.
        Nov 9, 2019
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Awwh. No family time?
        Nov 9, 2019
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        There is only so much family time one can have. That and it's difficult for me to sleep in a bed that isn't my own so the netflix helps.
        Nov 10, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
    4. l8rose
      l8rose
      Converting these tilesets to doodads is gonna take a while. Only another 6+ pages to go.
      1. Finnuval likes this.
      2. SmashArtist
        SmashArtist
        Oh boy, good luck with that! :LZYdizzy:
        Nov 8, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        haha that's the worst part of finding new cool resources
        Nov 8, 2019
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        Thanks, only 4 pages to go! lol
        And it's more of me finally stopping being lazy and getting around to chopping up my FSM tiles.
        Nov 8, 2019
    5. l8rose
      l8rose
      There's something ironic about making stone autotiles with the song "I am a Stone" playing in the background...
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        The song by quite a bit.
        Nov 5, 2019
        Shaz likes this.
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        lol - yep, that's where I would have put my money :D Any kind of tiling is hard imo. Autotiles are fiendish!
        Nov 5, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        They are! But like anything, the practice is helping. lol At least they look like stones.
        Nov 5, 2019
        Shaz likes this.
    6. l8rose
      l8rose
      Remember to scroll up when you're making large maps. Nothing like half finished cliffs to ruin the mood.
    7. l8rose
      l8rose
      Happy Halloween folks!
      1. Eliaquim and Finnuval like this.
    8. l8rose
      l8rose
      Naming things are hard. -_-
      1. Ryisunique and The Stranger like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        Nope, so now everyone sees why I don't post things too often any more. lol
        Oct 24, 2019
        The Stranger likes this.
      4. SpicyNoodleStudios
        SpicyNoodleStudios
        What are you have trouble naming? Use the rhle of cool to name things. Also, make it accurate to what you are naming, but also, tule of cool
        Oct 24, 2019
      5. l8rose
        l8rose
        Combined two games so trying to figure out what to name it plus all the shared content that now needs to be renamed to fit both.
        Oct 25, 2019
    9. l8rose
      l8rose
      Working at a VR place is kinda fun. Between the few technical things I fix, I get to play video games.
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko and Finnuval like this.
    10. l8rose
      l8rose
      Just one month for my work term and then I graduate. I think I'm gonna sleep for a week in June.
      1. BadLittleSeed, Finnuval and samkfj like this.
    11. l8rose
      l8rose
      Woo Game of Thrones.... aaand now I'm not gonna sleep tonight.
      1. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Funny how the tv adeptation ends before the series. Never watched it, still waiting around for those last two books. Think Martin probably made so much off of the show that he decided he'd rather be in television than an author.
        Apr 15, 2019
        SpaceBot likes this.
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        To be fair, he's probably going to die before he finishes the books. He likes taking his time between the later books. 5 and 6 years between the third, fourth and fifth books.
        Apr 15, 2019
    12. l8rose
      l8rose
      Got 2 awards for dedication in my course. One of them was my name on a plaque that was about half my size. xD
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
    13. l8rose
      l8rose
      Woo, sick again. What the heck did I do in a previous life?
    14. l8rose
      l8rose
      woo 80 on my written final and 80 on my practical, I am definitely okay with that
      2. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        That is great to hear.
        Apr 5, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      3. Johnboy
        Johnboy
        PFFT only 80?

J/K congrats.
        Apr 5, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        Only 80.... unlike the 104 the top guy in the class got. >_>
        Thanks everyone!
        Apr 5, 2019
    15. l8rose
      l8rose
      I got absolutely nothing done today. Started studying and then discovered Special:Random on Wikipedia. Welp, there went 5 hours.
      1. Markus I. and BadLittleSeed like this.
      2. Markus I.
        Markus I.
        Welcome to the club! :/
        Mar 31, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        o_o ... wha.... what... what have you done to me?! No... I cant stop! Must... stop....cant. AHHHH! DX
        Mar 31, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. PixelHeart
    16. l8rose
      l8rose
      1. BadLittleSeed and Finnuval like this.
      2. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Yep :D
        Mar 29, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
    17. l8rose
      l8rose
      Epic. Failed a test for a potential job by 1 point. Just 1 point. Course, the test only had 2 people out of 20 pass it but man... 1 point.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        What kind of a test was it?
        Mar 28, 2019
      3. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        An unfair one.
        Mar 28, 2019
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        Combination math and mechanical aptitude test.
        And a little unfair on the math portion as they included square yards from feet despite that being a different measuring system then what we were taught.
        Mar 28, 2019
    18. l8rose
      l8rose
      Woo. Ended up with bronch & strep in Feb so spent most of this month trying to catch up on class stuff. Hope everyone has been well!
      1. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        ...holy sheet, both strep and bronchitis?? Glad to see you're doing (and feeling) much better! Missed ya!
        Mar 26, 2019
        l8rose and Finnuval like this.
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        Feeling much better, especially now that every other breath isn't a coughing fit.
        Mar 27, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
    19. l8rose
      l8rose
      Went to ER again, now it's the generic-we're-not-sure-what-you-have antibiotics for a week. Hopefully those work.
      1. RaynRayn, samkfj, Mordridakon and 2 others like this.
      3. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        Ugh, I hope they got it right this time, hon! Let us know as soon as you're feeling better.
        Feb 13, 2019
        l8rose and The Stranger like this.
      4. shadefoundry
        shadefoundry
        Jeeze, feel better soon. :)
        Feb 13, 2019
        l8rose and BadLittleSeed like this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        Be safe
        Feb 13, 2019
        l8rose and BadLittleSeed like this.
    20. l8rose
      l8rose
      Just needs more time to get better. Okay doc. That is a good diagnosis for why I've been sick for a week. Thank you for the four hour wait.
      1. OmnislashXX likes this.
      3. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        If it's a viral cold, then yes, unfortunately time is the only answer. The hubby and I had to deal with the same thing last week. If you aren't already, drink plenty of water, orange juice (take vitamin C otherwise) and do your best to eat throughout the day.
        Feb 11, 2019
        l8rose, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
      4. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        Another suggestion I have is to pick up some Goldenseal and Echinacea supplements. My grandmother swore by these whenever anyone in the family got sick. Make sure to take them with food and a glass of water as directed.
        I really, really hope you feel better soon, Rose.
        Feb 11, 2019
        l8rose, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        Here, Rose. Have some likes. haha
        Feb 11, 2019
  • About

Birthday:
    August 22
    Student
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Writing, Illustration, Video Games, Movies, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Genres
    Currently taking an Electronic Engineering Technician course but I love to write and draw.
    My writing is generally fantasy based, tending towards high fantasy with the occasional modern fantasy. Right now, my largest writing project is a Fanfiction based on Skyrim and Dragon Age with my second largest being the writing portion of my WIP game Starshard.
    Illustration wise, I draw varied things but currently working on practicing backgrounds.

I love RPGs, story based games and simulation games. Currently, I'm alternating between Frostpunk and Sheltered. I love love love post apocalyptic rpg/simulation games or any one that requires me to build up and survive.

I'm currently working on two games. Starshard and River Lord.
    Starshard has been a WIP for a few years now but is a High Fantasy / Steampunk RPG about a young woman discovering that reality isn't quite what she thought it was.
    River Lord is for IGMC 2018 and is a High Fantasy game about a person growing up and dealing with the unfortunate changes adulthood brings them.

Signature

Working On: Starshard: Riverlord | Verloren: Midlands
    Art Thread | Sketch Workshop | MV Resources | General Resources | VNM Resources
    Long time lurker | Part time Illustrator/Writer | Big time Nerd