Feb 18, 2019
Birthday:
August 22
Student

Share This Page

l8rose

Neeeeerd, Female, from Canada

Veteran

Went to ER again, now it's the generic-we're-not-sure-what-you-have antibiotics for a week. Hopefully those work. Feb 13, 2019

l8rose was last seen:
Feb 18, 2019
    1. l8rose
      l8rose
      People keep giving me llama badges on dA and I have no idea what they're for. 0_o
      1. BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        And now I have an albino llama. Weird.
        Jan 10, 2019
        BadLittleSeed likes this.
      4. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        XDD if you get more llamas it will turn into a SUPER albino llama too! I see them as general gallery like button in a way.
        Jan 11, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and l8rose like this.
      5. l8rose
        l8rose
        I always assumed that's what watches were for XD
        Jan 11, 2019
    2. l8rose
      l8rose
      In my communication class, they told us we all had to do introduction posts. A group of tradespeople. It went as well as expected.
      1. l8rose
        l8rose
        Mind you, we all get along, so we all posted things like "Oh, I see you learned how to use the forums, now how about a dictionary" and "When you drive, do you need a booster seat?"
        Good thing she said it had to be PG or else the jokes would have been pretty terrible.
        Jan 8, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    3. l8rose
      l8rose
      Gotta stop rewatching Altered Carbon, makes me want to go write fanfiction.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Honestly I didn't like the main character. Couldn't relate to him and his personality at all.
        Jan 8, 2019
      3. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        From sci-fi shows, so far the ones I really enjoyed have been Dark Matter and Continuum. Although I'd say seasons 2 and 3 of The 100 were also pretty great.
        Jan 8, 2019
      4. samkfj
        samkfj
        SG-1 and Atlantis!
        Jan 8, 2019
    4. l8rose
      l8rose
      1. BadLittleSeed and samkfj like this.
      3. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        omg I love this - SLIME STAB! <3
        Jan 7, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        I was going to draw a cube in one of them for a play on the Gelatinous Cube (cause it always has stuff floating and you know... cube.... I'll show myself out).

Slime dodge! <3!
        Jan 7, 2019
        samkfj and BadLittleSeed like this.
      5. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        I could see a Slime vs Slime part two where one just engulfs the other and burps.
        Jan 7, 2019
        l8rose and samkfj like this.
    5. l8rose
      l8rose
      Finally starting to feel like this sore throat is going away. Maybe I can focus on being productive before bed.
      1. samkfj and BadLittleSeed like this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Yeah--true that. Now go get some sleeeep.
        Jan 6, 2019
        BadLittleSeed and l8rose like this.
      4. BadLittleSeed
        BadLittleSeed
        That's one of the great things about the human body - it'll let you know when rest is needed.
        Jan 6, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      5. samkfj
        samkfj
        @BadLittleSeed I don't know about that one--I think if I didn't force myself to sleep, I'd keep going.
        Jan 6, 2019
    6. l8rose
      l8rose
      Today I learned my college has finally decided to take thefts on campus a lot more seriously. Security wouldn't let me in my class room. =/
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        Pretty much, it took them months to even do anything about the thefts (despite having cameras).

And we do, we had just left the classroom for a 10 minute safety talk in the adjoining room so no one thought to put away laptops/close doors/etc. It was just one of those perfect storms to lead to something bad.
        Jan 4, 2019
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Well just be safe okay?
        Jan 4, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        We learned. lol We all put things away or hidden and make sure the side door is locked/closed.

Thank you for the concern though! <3
        Jan 4, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    7. l8rose
      l8rose
      School starts again tomorrow. Where did my vacation go?
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        Feels like I blinked and the whole thing passed over.
        Jan 3, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Same. Hopefully you enjoyed it thoroughly enough. I did but... just wished for one last day.
        Jan 3, 2019
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        For the most part, I did enjoy it. And yeah, that's how I feel.
        Just want one more day to sleep in before the daily grind begins again.
        Jan 3, 2019
        samkfj likes this.
    8. l8rose
      l8rose
      Changed my profile picture on all the sites I remember I'm on... have a feeling I'm missing one but can't think of what one it is.
      1. Sauteed_Onion and samkfj like this.
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        Awww, well it is in my art thread. I just like changing it up every now and again.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and samkfj like this.
      4. Sauteed_Onion
        Sauteed_Onion
        I can say, I DON'T think you forgot to change up your profile picture here. :D
        Dec 30, 2018
        l8rose and samkfj like this.
      5. l8rose
        l8rose
        At least I remembered here! =P
        Dec 30, 2018
    9. l8rose
      1. Marsigne, samkfj and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      3. leenat40
        leenat40
        Yup. lol.
        I highly recommend you see it sometime. It's called one of the best anime of all time for a dayum good reason
        Dec 30, 2018
        Marsigne, l8rose and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        Always meant to, just never got around to it and kept forgetting.
        Dec 30, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion and Marsigne like this.
      5. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Looks cool! Maybe I'm spoiled...
        Dec 30, 2018
        l8rose and Sauteed_Onion like this.
    10. l8rose
      l8rose
      RL ended up being about midway in the People's Choice ratings for IGMC 2018. Not bad for my first game jam entry ever.
      1. mobiusclimber likes this.
    11. l8rose
      l8rose
      Been in a funk the last few days so gonna give in to the urge to mess in VNM for a bit. Hopefully that'll get rid of this VN kick.
      2. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah. Unfortunately, even the default characters don't have many clothing options. I can't take them to a pool cause they don't have swimsuits and you can forget the typical guy accidentally sees girl's underwear routine.
        Dec 29, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        That's true, but at least they have blushing images? That being said, I don't usually use the default stuff so not sure what else they would have.

Could always just have the typical accident of walking into the changing room while still dressed then skip the rest (or fade to black).
        Dec 29, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Yeah, but that doesn't make got fun.
        Dec 29, 2018
    12. l8rose
      l8rose
      Xidos ... or what I do instead of actual work on Xmas.
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        I like it! Looks like a very ecstatic creature. Looks like he's smiling.
        Dec 26, 2018
        l8rose and The Stranger like this.
      2. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Looks like one of those vague images you see on the front of a Final Fantasy game. Do you do many of these types of drawing?
        Dec 26, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        His original face had a bit more teeth but I decided to forgo those as it looked too monstrous.

You're right, it kind of does. Occasionally when the mood strikes, mostly just draw dragons and people, although I'm now trying to draw the main RL villain like that.
        Dec 26, 2018
        The Stranger likes this.
    13. l8rose
      l8rose
      Merry Xmas from Atlantic Canada! Hope everyone has wonderful holidays!
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        Merry Christmas from Texas!
        Dec 25, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
    14. l8rose
      l8rose
      Discovering the amount of Japanese VNs on PSVita almost makes me want to get one... and learn Japanese....
      1. Windows i7
        Windows i7
        There's a Persona game on the Vita that makes me want to buy one just to play that.
        Dec 23, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
      2. l8rose
        l8rose
        Kinda hard to justify getting it for one game though... not that I can justify getting it anyway. lol
        Dec 23, 2018
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        Or well doesn't matter anyway as a quick search states Sony has discontinued them. xD
        Dec 23, 2018
    15. l8rose
      1. samkfj
        samkfj
        The first comment is the best.
        Dec 21, 2018
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        When I was early into game dev, I made a platformer but I didnt know how to make the boss have invincibility after getting hit, so I made 2 objects. A boss, and a boss that had no hitbox, and whenever he got hit he transformed, waited 2 secs, and transformed back.
        Dec 21, 2018
    16. l8rose
      l8rose
      Perhaps binging visual novels is a bad idea as it made me want to go work on one again.
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      3. l8rose
        l8rose
        That's quite true! I've actually had more fun playing some of the VNs then most of the current RPGs. They just stick with one direction and run with it.
        Dec 21, 2018
        bgillisp and Marsigne like this.
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Yep. Or they don't make you grind for 50 hours to be able to beat that boss to see the next snippet of the story, and by they you've forgotten what the story even was as it took you 2 months to get that far.
        Dec 21, 2018
        Marsigne and l8rose like this.
      5. l8rose
        l8rose
        Exactly. I mean I do like slow burn stuff but sometimes that grind is a little much. Especially in games where the Boss (and all the stuff leading up to it) was more of a gating mechanic then story mechanic.
        Dec 21, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    17. l8rose
      l8rose
      In case anyone wanted to play them, Fanatical has a deal on getting Hakuoki: Kyoto and Edo (+ another game) for around $12 CAD.
      1. Mrs_Allykat likes this.
      2. TakeHomeTheCup
        TakeHomeTheCup
        Hakuoki is a great series.
        Dec 18, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
    18. l8rose
      l8rose
      Woo, getting a new drawing tablet for Xmas. Now to convince the other half to let me play with it as soon as it arrives.
      1. mlogan, samkfj and Finnuval like this.
      3. samkfj
        samkfj
        Nope--she's German... I'll get wrecked.

It wouldn't even be funny.
        Dec 18, 2018
        Finnuval and l8rose like this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        Well... not for you, anyway.
        Dec 18, 2018
        Finnuval and samkfj like this.
      5. samkfj
        Dec 18, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
    19. l8rose
      l8rose
      I love passive aggressiveness in the morning. I mean, that's totally going to make me want to do what someone wants.
      1. David Lister, Poryg and Finnuval like this.
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        My favorite way of dealing with it is to point it out (nicely), suggest an alternative way of bringing up the problem, and then move forward with doing or not doing as if they hadn't pulled that move at all, but based on if I personally think I should and want to do it.
        Dec 17, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
      4. l8rose
        l8rose
        It was a little passive aggressive. =P
        Normally, I'll do something if it's clear they're not being passive aggressive on purpose (or if it's really valid to do what they're suggesting).

In this case, I was nice and said I wasn't going to do what they wanted right this minute (but would at a later date). Got the equivalent of a passive aggressive tantrum.
        Dec 17, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Blech. Sounds not fun at all. Sorry you had to deal with that.
        Dec 17, 2018
        l8rose likes this.
    20. l8rose
      l8rose
      Thanks Windows Update for making it aggressively clear that I should not be using my old drawing tablet on Windows 10.
      1. Poryg likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    August 22
    Student
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Writing, Illustration, Video Games, Movies, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Genres
    Currently taking an Electronic Engineering Technician course but I love to write and draw.
    My writing is generally fantasy based, tending towards high fantasy with the occasional modern fantasy. Right now, my largest writing project is a Fanfiction based on Skyrim and Dragon Age with my second largest being the writing portion of my WIP game Starshard.
    Illustration wise, I draw varied things but currently working on practicing backgrounds.

I love RPGs, story based games and simulation games. Currently, I'm alternating between Frostpunk and Sheltered. I love love love post apocalyptic rpg/simulation games or any one that requires me to build up and survive.

I'm currently working on two games. Starshard and River Lord.
    Starshard has been a WIP for a few years now but is a High Fantasy / Steampunk RPG about a young woman discovering that reality isn't quite what she thought it was.
    River Lord is for IGMC 2018 and is a High Fantasy game about a person growing up and dealing with the unfortunate changes adulthood brings them.

Signature

[​IMG]
    Also Working On: Starshard
    Art Thread | Sketch Workshop | MV Resources | General Resources | VNM Resources

Long time lurker | Part time Illustrator/Writer | Big time Nerd