Last Activity:
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:00 AM
Birthday:
Jun 1, 1982 (Age: 36)

Share This Page

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer, Male, 36, from Labyronia

Veteran

I think I lack proper promotional art for my game. I suppose I have to hire soon. Nov 13, 2018 at 5:59 AM

Labyrinthine was last seen:
Nov 17, 2018 at 2:00 AM
    1. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I think I lack proper promotional art for my game. I suppose I have to hire soon.
      1. cabfe likes this.
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        Sometimes, you have to rely on other people. I like to do most of my games myself, but there's so much I can do.
        Nov 13, 2018 at 7:07 AM
        Finnuval likes this.
    2. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Annoying thing of the day: Youtube videos with longer than 4 second intro.
      1. Matseb2611 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Yeah, or trying to watch some top 10 list only to notice they state the obvious which is essentially the title of the video for the first minute. Always skipping tediously to the "10," but wouldn't it be easier if the starting point was... you know, at the start?
        Nov 9, 2018
      4. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        To be honest... I hate "intros" to videos unless the intro sets up the show I'm watching. Freeman's Mind... Ross's Game Dungeon... The Spoony Experiment... Stuff like that. Rock intros? Music intros? Random terrible graphics to advertise your crap? No. I'm out. I'm done. Especially if you're just creating a GUIDE.
        Nov 9, 2018
      5. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Also:
        - When a very loud annoying music plays during them.
        - The whole "please comment, like, subscribe, and click the bell" BS right at the start. Either tell us at the end after we've watched the video or let us decide if the channel is worth subscribing to altogether by not talking about it.
        Nov 9, 2018
    3. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I have to go live on the street, or with some random friends. Means halt for game development -.-
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Countyoungblood
        Countyoungblood
        would a tune from my pocket violin help set the mood?
        Oct 16, 2018
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Hope you find a good place to stay quickly.
        Oct 16, 2018
      4. Kupotepo
        Kupotepo
        I am sorry to hear that. I hope your situation improves.
        Oct 16, 2018
    4. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      My real life is terror. Gotta find a new place to make games. Wouldn't want the next one be all gloom and doom because of what's happening.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Sounds like some real tough crap is going on. Good luck.
        Oct 10, 2018
        Kaeki and Labyrinthine like this.
      3. Labyrinthine
        Oct 10, 2018
      4. Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Golden Unicorn Gaming
        Yeah good luck, bro
        Oct 12, 2018
    5. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I don't like most modern games -.- They've ruined many things that made me enjoy video games in the first place.
      1. Dreadshadow and The Stranger like this.
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        And 3. There's a ton of strategic potential due to unlimited possibilities it provides. For example in Conquest of Elysium 3 it could save your dead units as long as they did not have less than -25% HP. And it's an interesting strategic asset to both you and enemies, because attacking regenerative beasts with weak armies was pointless, except for high damage output for example. You can add other benefits.
        Sep 26, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        I don't know why people mess up the game balance due to the influence of HP regen (like modern Call of duty, that's awful), but it's definitely way more than just extra HP. And even a pretty basic use of it with row formations and using characters to shield weakened ones while these are healing... If balanced well, it can provide a lot of fun.
        Sep 26, 2018
        Matseb2611 likes this.
      5. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Well, you got a point. First off DLCs. Secondly Episodes. Also patches. Back in the days we were buying a FULL game working out of the box. If not, companies would close. Technology limits were also pushing the imagination of the developers to their limits. Loved my Amiga 500 back then. I still do. But not all modern games suck.
        Sep 27, 2018
        bgillisp likes this.
    6. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      If one bad/ average review is convincing you that a game sucks, you're not thinking straight. I wrote an extremely bad review about Halo...>
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        One more point to get this through. What if you were to play some game that was really good, and decided to review it after 1/3 had been completed? Then, right after your glowing review, it would become clear that the game would break soon after your test period, making it unplayable to all players. In that case, your review would be distracting, angering the people who bought it based on that.
        Sep 26, 2018
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        No. Just no. If I used your approach to feedback I'd be fired. I'm a teacher and I can't say "well, I'm sorry my 8 week recital of Beowulf in weeks 1 - 8 didn't go over well, but you didn't stay in my class for weeks 9 - 16 so how do you know what I'm like as a teacher."
        Sep 26, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        As ti is, it is your job as a developer to hook the player. If you fail at that, the player will quit and leave a negative review. Those need to be looked at to see why you failed to make them want to stay with the game.
        Sep 26, 2018
    7. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I started to feel sick after my last thread post. Never wrote anything as long and draining as that. Insomnia please release me o_O
      1. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        I can't even read the text to see if there's something to correct, cause I realized it took hours to write it, and I'm pretty sure no one bothers to waste his time reading the entire thing. Which is probably just good. Been awake for days and I've noticed it's started to affect my psyche. Text walls everywhere. OK, I'll just leave it here Now Before.
        Sep 24, 2018
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        So, from now on, I'm attempting to answer everything by using only 10 words for a time, because this is not normal. I'll be hanging at the forums, but it's gonna be 10 w/max and no more!
        Sep 24, 2018
    8. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Would it be wrong to create a haphazard adult only- game just to get more money? If this money was spent to a real game?
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        I kind of hope now my sister would ditch her project (Solthan) as a game, because in a book form it would also be additional advertising for Labyronia Elements. It's a spin-off concentrating fully on just one of the five worlds of that game, and also sets part of the stage for Nerubis which is my current game project. So, I think we could save time and money not making it as a game. And money is something we lack...
        Sep 24, 2018
      3. padr81
        padr81
        Sep 24, 2018
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        On another note, there are also side job options that still might work for you. Playtester (you'd have to build a reputation first though), artist, proofreader, writer, online tutor (I actually do that for extra money myself). Just some thoughts that might work out if you do decide to take a side job for immediate $$$
        Sep 24, 2018
    9. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I've got a hard time with MV. Thought it would be easier than Ace, but the plugins and the js. files have already confused me.
      1. atoms likes this.
      3. atoms
        atoms
        What way or how exactly are you confused by it? I know it's different and at first glance can look complex, but it's actually very easy to do. Plugins just go into the js > plugin folder and then you open it up in the engine, add it in and it becomes similar to scripts.

For them to be visible in the plugin manager you must double click at the bottom empty space and add it.
        Sep 16, 2018
      4. atoms
        atoms
        If you still have a problem, you may have added them to js folder but not the plugin folder.
        Sep 16, 2018
      5. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Ah, I already figured it out. Just took me a moment to get it.
        Sep 16, 2018
        atoms likes this.
    10. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      The MV face generator is so good and versatile it makes me wonder whether I should even bother drawing the faces myself.
      1. atoms and The Stranger like this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I think that one hasn't been overused yet, so it could probably work well for a game.
        Sep 14, 2018
      3. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Yeah. of course I'm gonna gimp-edit the faces to a point it doesn't look I simply constructed them using the generator with no required details for the characters the editor won't allow. I don't think it would be a big difference whether I drew them myself or did it like that. In addition, I'll probably use some filters to distance them a bit more from the basic generator stuff.
        Sep 14, 2018
    11. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Sold my Switch and Zelda because I desperately needed money. Now I can't find anything as good as that game was. I only have PC now.
      1. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Any suggestions? My computer can't handle the newest games.
        Aug 31, 2018
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        If you want a Monster Hunter-style action game, I recommend Not by any stretch a new game, but if you buy it on Steam, you get the first entry, God Eater Resurrection, for free, but it costs $50.

A cheaper game ($15), I can recommend if you want a MegaMan/Metroidvania-style game.
        Aug 31, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        If you want a freebie and like FPS games, this is worth checking out:

My 2005 toaster of a laptop is able to use all of these (albeit with a little lag) without much trouble, so any PC you have should run these three just fine.
        Aug 31, 2018
    12. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Since my games won't sell no matter the quality and how low I put the price on, might as well raise the price then.
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        The game also have zero coverage outside of Steam, despite being well-received by everyone who actually played it through.
        Aug 19, 2018
      3. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Besides, I don't like the way Steam advertises its games. The games that are already popular gain a lot more coverage. In other words, if you're already a millionare because of your game, they'll make sure you'll get even more money. In the mean time us poor developers won't be getting any buyers for the sole reason no one even knows our games exist, because they barely ever get any visibility.
        Aug 19, 2018
      4. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        What I mean is, if the game is already popular, people will find it no matter how much space it gets on the front page.
        Aug 19, 2018
    13. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Annoying thing of the day: Gaming videos with annoying commentary. When looking at some horror game with a lousy comedian babbling.
      1. The Stranger and FoxySeta like this.
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        ChristopherOdd is a good lets play channel. I watched his blind lets play of Dark Souls way back and he didn't get in the way of the atmosphere. Also doesn't use a facecam if I recall.

Some lets players are pretty annoying and will laugh and try to make jokes and skip cutscenes for no reason ruining the atmosphere and lets play in general. CohhCarnage is another good lets player if you're looking for one.
        Aug 6, 2018
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Yep. The only Let's Player I like is Supergreatfriend, the rest just get on my nerves. Other than that one LPer, I tend to stick with longplays - gameplay videos without commentary.
        Aug 6, 2018
        dreamfall887 likes this.
      5. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        @FleshToDust
        Dark Souls is a good one for lets play's since it barely contains any music, not counting the boss themes.
        Aug 6, 2018
    14. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      How the heck is my game opening Steam achievements when I'm not using Steam, it's not even installed on my computer or released yet? o_O
      1. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Huh? If you find the answer I'd love to hear it. This is so strange.
        May 20, 2018
      2. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        I think it's the file Steam API dll. The game does show on my games list on Steam, but I haven't installed it yet, since they haven't even checked the build. I was playing the version outside of Steam and the achievements just opened which seems strange.
        May 20, 2018
    15. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Just realized alot faster way to draw faces. 1. Draw and color the most basic face you can. 2. Edit this same face for the rest of them.
      1. Guiguimu and starlight dream like this.
      2. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Yep, easier and faster!
        Apr 30, 2018
    16. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Making a definitive remake of the first Labyronia and it's so nice and relaxing to return to it : -)
      1. starlight dream and CleanWater like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I'm currently playing Labyronia 1 and I'm enjoying it :) Very well made.
        Are you remaking it in Ace?
        Apr 24, 2018
        CleanWater likes this.
      4. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        @starlight dream
        Thanks! The first game is pretty solid, but I think it could be improved in many areas including the map design and storytelling. I'm still using ace for convenience!
        Apr 25, 2018
        CleanWater and starlight dream like this.
      5. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It happened various times that I wondered off into areas that I was too weak for and got destroyed :p It didn't bother me much, I just didn't know intuitively where to go first. But the dungeon/areas themselves are fun to figure out.
        Apr 25, 2018
        Labyrinthine and CleanWater like this.
    17. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Some paranoid person thinks I'm creating false accounts to create positive reviews for my game. I wonder who is doing this?
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Apr 11, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Probably someone who uses dodgy methods & assumes others do too. It could also be jealousy, or another dev who gets negative feedback and thinks that's the norm? :p
        I dunno. Some people don't realize there is a niche fanbase for rpgmaker games, and that some gamers enjoy playing them.
        Apr 11, 2018
        CleanWater, TWings and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        Apr 11, 2018
    18. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      I'm having so much fun developing my current game! Smaller projects can be refreshing. Not nearly as much pressure on its completion.
      1. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        100% agree. :)
        Mar 16, 2018
    19. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Trying to develop games and fight against true evil aka psychopaths at the same time. At least they provide ideas for my fantasy world.
      1. Matseb2611 and starlight dream like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        If I was gutsier, I'd put that in my signature! :p

Are they after you online or in reality?
        Mar 15, 2018
      3. Labyrinthine
        Labyrinthine
        I shouldn't have any after me at the moment. But they've been trying to kill me a couple of times IRL. That's why I don't exactly like them too much.
        Mar 16, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        dayum, I didn't think you were being so serious. Sorry about that. It's such a crazy world. Be careful!!
        Mar 16, 2018
    20. Labyrinthine
      Labyrinthine
      Development hell on...
  • About

Birthday:
    Jun 1, 1982 (Age: 36)
    First Language:
    Finnish
    Here's some philosophy/scientific observations concerning the Pendant of Labyronia, which is in a way the main "character" in Labyronia games.

Game making, spiritual stuff, music, drums.

Signature

Offering free Steam keys for game reviews. PM me if you're interested!
    Take a peek into the five elemental worlds on my website:
    http://labyronia.wix.com/labyroniaelements