Labyrinthine
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• And now I gotta go through the first 188 maps of my project to check messed up auto shadows from each map. Ugh!
    I just got severely stuck in my own labyrinth.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Way easier to get lost than you'd expect, and it's good you figured that out now instead of after your game's complete!  Widen the passageways, simplify the design, and include landmarks or other obvious points of reference so the player will have a sense of where they are and where they've been.
    Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    Hmm... might be giving more attention to landmarks from now on.
    Alt-Enter fullscreen seems to kill the lag in Windows 10 suddenly? Even the maps that should lag 'cause of too many events run with no hiccups at all. How can this even be.
    Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    Or maybe this is the actual normal performance and I've been using a laggy mess all these years with Win 8...
    What do you think about unskippable text in games? How and when to use it?
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    @Alexander Amnell - I know about that, but as I said, if there is music synchronization, even 0.5 seconds of difference can make a lot of issues/confusion. There are also times where there are parallalel movement going on (that is more specific, not a common case though), and as the first case, even little time can make a lot of difference.

It really depend on how the scene structure is made, as yes, there are ways to make unskippable text unnecessary, but there are specific cases where it is necessary. I think these cases are more prevalent when the the game is story-based, so that is why I said it can be necessary in those kind of games.
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       We'll just have to agree to disagree here I suppose, I don't think I've ever played an rm game that had music synchronized to the dialogue before, but I guess it could be somewhat necessary if your scene flow is truly that controlled. As for parallel movements in cutscenes, I'd normally view that as sloppy design choice, unless I was given a very specific indication to think otherwise. A hundred event sprites can easily be controlled perfectly through a single, leading event in cutscenes, I've always viewed parallel processes as more of a background/immersion tool for having events act independently of player action, they just aren't a very good tool for scene control because of how unpredictable they become, and in most cases sticking to single event autorun control will allow you to do the same thing in a much more controlled way.
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    @Alexander Amnell - By "parallel movement" I didn't meant using "Parallel Process" but actual parallel (as the name suggests) movement, like multiple sprites moving in a timed matter (kinda hard to explain I guess). And yes, in the same event. And about a scene having music synchronization, I have a few in my youtube channel, if you want to check them out. While I have not truly used music synchronization to the full extent (mostly subtly), the synchronization can still add to the scene.
    From Yanfly to Matseb and every resource artist between: I love you people! You are the ones that aid us make our dreams to reality!
    The third world map of L3 is almost ready. I'm gonna have to double my speed if I want to finish this in my lifetime.
    Labyronia 3 is officially 1/5 completed. Been working like a maniac, and I need a beer or two soon.
    Ekanselttar
    Ekanselttar
    Congrats! Hope you finish it soon so I get to try it! :D
    1/6 of my project completed, and I've been working almost a year...
    Accendor
    Accendor
    Well, at least you are making progress! Only 5 more to go! Or, perhaps 6 for debuggding, but as long as you keep going everything is fine :)
    I think I can die in peace once Labyronia 3 has been completed. OR, I may keep on doing Labyronia games 'til I'm 80 =P
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny