Recent content by LadyHammer

1. LadyHammer

CLIP STUDIO FOR THE WINNN

CLIP STUDIO FOR THE WINNN
  2. LadyHammer

The Resource WIP thread 2

@Sharm You know, I had the exact thought of maybe ditching cel shading last time I looked at it. At first I thought it was a neat style but now I have less love for it, lol. I feel like I've dumped a lot of time into it already though to go back, BUT, Clip Studio's blur tool is actually really...
  3. LadyHammer

The Resource WIP thread 2

About a month ago I bought my very first tablet, and have FINALLY, after years of technology passing me by, have entered the world of digital art. I'm so excited because making game art will be easier (and I can improve the quality of my webcomic YES), but getting used to the new program (Clip...
  4. LadyHammer

I remember them being dogs in Ragnarok Online! That was aaaaages ago omg.

I remember them being dogs in Ragnarok Online! That was aaaaages ago omg.
  5. LadyHammer

I'm glad I am not the only one who has asked this question lol.

I'm glad I am not the only one who has asked this question lol.
  6. LadyHammer

When making a villain

While I personally disagree, I think that this is okay and that this divide comes from a couple of things: 1. Character Driven Stories vs. Plot Driven Stories - these are two very different types of stories and people have their preferences, and because I prefer Character Driven Stories, I...
  7. LadyHammer

When making a villain

No, I'm with you completely! When I said that it happens in real life, that was more or less of a "disclaimer" because I figured someone would jump out and say "but I do things for no reason all the time!" lol
  8. LadyHammer

Whats your favorite fast food

I'm not a huge fast food fan, but OH MY GOD panera mac and cheese can fix any of my problems. It's soooo gooood.
  9. LadyHammer

When making a villain

My rule of thumb is to always have solid motivation for every single character, especially the villain. Every time they do something, be like the annoying kid who always asks "Why?" When you reach a point when your answer is "I dunno" or "Just 'cause", you've reached a spot where you need to do...
  10. LadyHammer

Or you could get REALLY weird and have the younger sister be from a timeline where the older one...

Or you could get REALLY weird and have the younger sister be from a timeline where the older one had died, thus leaving her as the only remaining pure blooded member of her race in her own timeline. I guess it's not actually that weird. Chrono Cross kinda did it. Ultimate Spiderman / Miles...
  11. LadyHammer

Sub Menu

That's a really great idea. I hadn't considered that some of those out there function very close to what I'm looking for. Thanks!
  12. LadyHammer

What's the WORST advice you can give as a game developer?

This! Lol I have tried to alter the default animations, but I gotta be honest... I don't really know what I'm doing. I can do really, really basic changes to them (like change a sound effect or something) but when it comes to making my own, I make a horrendous mess. On topic: "Don't bother...
  13. LadyHammer

Sub Menu

The one I used was Yanfly's Main Menu Manager, which got me as far as getting the "Dossier" onto the Menu in the first place (yay!) but after that I'm a little lost. Keeping it a document first is great advice!  And I will stick to that until I get far enough into developing the game itself...
  14. LadyHammer

Sub Menu

Hey everyone! Thanks again to those who helped me out with my last question. I have another! Here is what I am trying to accomplish: So, early in the game you find a "Dossier" item. It gets added to the menu. When you open the menu and go to "Dossier", it opens up a sub-menu to view all...
  15. LadyHammer

What's the WORST advice you can give as a game developer?

"Your tough female characters won't seem tough unless they're mean to the main character all the time for no no good reason!" ****Bonus points if the excuse given was due to "that time of the month"**** "One female character should be enough. You really only need one so that any female...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lazymouse