Recent content by ladylannistarth

1. RMMV Yanfly Message Core pop ups when characters are different heights

I tested for big sprite and it works fine for them. It actually works fine if I use a smaller sprite too. Whatever the height of the sprite is, it seems the plugin does take that into account. My issue is (I forgot to mention this in my above post and it's actually important oops!) I put my...
  2. RMMV Yanfly Message Core pop ups when characters are different heights

Unfortunately I will need to avoid using \msgposx[x] and \msgposy[x]. I did it that way in the past and found it very time consuming as my characters do a lot of moving in scenes and there is a lot of dialogue.
  3. RMMV Yanfly Message Core pop ups when characters are different heights

Hi all, I'm using Yanfly's Message Core + ExtMesPack1 plugins to have pop up dialogues over characters (events) heads. This is successfully achieved by adding \msgevent[3] to a dialogue message, for example, if the event is Event 3. However, some of my characters are different heights. For...
  4. RMMV Sprite over message window instead of under

Does anyone know how to make it possible for a sprite on the map to appear over the dialogue message? By default a sprite on the map appears under the dialogue window message. I've been looking through the js files to try and solve this and it doesn't seem that RPG Maker MV uses z layers to...
  5. Screen size & Upscaling a game successfully

Ah damn, well nothing is that easy, I guess. :D I'm messing about with Mush's resolution plugin which allows different resolutions for the player to choose from in the options menu. It's great because it has an option to prevent the graphics from stretching and going all distorted. Instead it...
  6. Screen size & Upscaling a game successfully

Hi there RPG fans, I'm looking for some advice... I'm currently spending some time figuring out the best way to handle screen sizes, upscaling and that side of things. My game will be a HD pure pixel art commercial game so I'm not prepared to accept anything less than wonderful. That means no...
  7. How to achieve shaking/animated text for Choices

Omg lol something as silly as that was where I went wrong. XD It's working now! That's great. Thanks! I know it'll come in handy to have that work in messages. You were right that it doesn't work in the choices. So just gotta figure out if it's possible to do it another way. Hmm.. If anyone...
  8. How to achieve shaking/animated text for Choices

Ah, yeah. I thought it might be too good to be true for it to work for the choices. Thanks for confirming that with me. Otherwise I'd have probably spent a lot of time trying to get the plugin to work. I have actually tried putting /Shake in front. I made sure to watch the YouTube video and...
  9. How to achieve shaking/animated text for Choices

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone knows a solution to achieving this. I assume a plugin would be the answer but I haven't had any luck finding one that works. SumRndmDde's Shaking Text plugin http://sumrndm.site/shaking-text/ looked to be the plugin I needed, but it no longer works. I tried...
  10. Spriter Plugin

This is a great plugin and will allow me to achieve so many things I didn't think was possible in RPG Maker! I've been trying it out, and the only thing that's bothering me is that since doing things this way, my character is now blurry at a x2 zoom. I use MBS_MapZoom to do that. Is it...
  11. RMMV Echomap Composite Character Plugin - Brief flicker when image updates

Hi all! I'm using a plugin that updates the player character dynamically. It is by Echomap and can be found here: https://github.com/echomap/rpgmvplugins Although initially confusing to set up, it actually works very well and successfully updates the character and layers their png spritesheet...
  12. Do events with "wait" commands always remain in sync in RMMV?

Hi all, I have been doing a lot of scene work recently in RPG Maker MV, and using a LOT of wait commands for pacing, etc. Basically, I rely on wait commands a lot. Today a friend brought up the possibility of the wait commands going out of sync if someone has a faster or slower computer and...
  13. Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges - Problem with the height

Hi guys, I've downloaded this plugin and it's all working brilliantly apart from one small thing - the gauge height isn't changing no matter what px amount I put in. I've made sure that the YEP_BattleEngineCore is enabled and above the plugin, and that 'Use Thick Gauges' is set to true. I've...
  14. How can I show a picture straight away in battle?

Thanks so much! For now I'm going to fade in the picture like you suggested so it looks more natural. I may try out one of those plugins you suggested though as a more permanent thing in the future. :) Thanks again for you help.
  15. How can I show a picture straight away in battle?

Hi Rhino, yeah I totally get that using a picture instead of an enemy sprite is an odd choice and I know I'll be limited, but I have my reasons for it. As I said, this battle system is rather unusual. It's more of a visual novel style. I did originally use normal enemy sprites actually but I...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minh0408