Last Activity:
Feb 28, 2018
Birthday:
April 26

Share This Page

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!, Male, from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Veteran

Backing secured! Looking to recruit artists. Pixel, character, environment / concept art. PM me for details. Feb 22, 2015

Laptopdancer was last seen:
Feb 28, 2018
    1. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Backing secured! Looking to recruit artists. Pixel, character, environment / concept art. PM me for details.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        There's two good artists under classifieds that do pixel art for sprites. If you have funding now you can probably hire them to create sprites for the game.
        Feb 22, 2015
      2. Blinn
        Blinn
        Have you taken sound design into account? If you're going to recruit a team of artists, get a competent sound designer to help you, too.
        Feb 22, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Yes - use Classifieds or Project Recruitment, please, not the status feed.
        Feb 23, 2015
    2. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      It appears our game has found an investor! I'm over the moon. Barring catastrophe my dream of being a part of the first fully LGBTQIA content Action RPG video game ever could come true!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Vexed
        Vexed
        Congrats Laptop, that's great - hope it all goes well for you and your team :D

@CrazyCrab - I'd assume that the cast would be entirely LGBTQIA - or at the very least the playable characters.
        Feb 18, 2015
      3. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        And thanks Vexed, I really appreciate your words of congratulation. :)
        Feb 19, 2015
      4. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        All the playable characters are L-esbian G-ay B-isexual T-ransgender I-ntersex or A-sexual
        Feb 19, 2015
    3. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Anyone know how to woo investors? I am meeting with one on Tuesday who could see giving me 10k but I'd have to be finished in 18 months!!!
      2. Clord
        Clord
        Assume that investor don't care past getting back their investment plus profit. Tell them what would likely interest them. Even if whatever you are trying to make is your passion, investors passion is to profit and maybe then personal interest towards it.
        Feb 14, 2015
      3. Clord
        Clord
        Make sure that if your project or whatever it is fails, you are not screwed by contract.
        Feb 14, 2015
      4. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        Fantastic Suggestions AriesFireTiger Clord and starcrescendo!!! But your speaking over my head a bit. If any of you have the feeling to discuss it further in a PM I would appreciate the help!
        Feb 14, 2015
    4. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Building a media database (a lending library of catharsis) for my counselling clients based on specific life experiences has been complicated. Watching and re-watching 100's of movies that adress very deep human issues can take it out of you. I've cried 4 times today and it's only 3pm. On a lighter note I am just about to start experimenting with the dungeon crawler add-on. So that's exciting!!!
    5. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Happy Saturnalia Everyone!
      2. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        It's an ancient roman festival.
        Dec 25, 2014
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        oh, ok...
        Dec 25, 2014
      4. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        7 days of party. It's like Festivus, but longer....
        Dec 25, 2014
    6. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Just finished some Logo stuff I am pretty happy with! It's nice to be able to help out with what ability you have to offer.
    7. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      I am in love with the video of the little porcupine eating a pumpkin i saw on FB. Someone should make a game about him!! Kawaii!!!
    8. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      I love the family from the TV show Medium! All their characters are so well written. I aspire to that!!
      1. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        You should see Patricia Arquette in Boyhood. She's boss
        Oct 27, 2014
      2. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        OMG Thank you!!! This is so cool. I am really looking forward to watching that!
        Oct 27, 2014
    9. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Laid out all my actors skills, equips, and items tonight for a very nice balance if I do say so myself!! Now you gotta use all 7 of them! Well 8 if you count the Animal Command Menu.
    10. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      There are some lovely supportive and caring people in this community. I feel grateful to be a part of it today.
      1. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        And now another caring person has spawned: Me! ^~^ Hehe, I think Ima like this community.
        Oct 17, 2014
    11. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Is every script-er ever a university mathematics honor student? I feel like it's written in eagle pyramid wavy line language. :-(
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        nah. I wasn't
        Oct 11, 2014
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I'm learning it and no, not at all.
        Oct 11, 2014
    12. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Just downloaded and started To the Moon. Wow. I aspire to this.
      1. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        It's really good. :D Even though the mapping/mood and atmosphere in this game are all amazing, we all have to agree what wins our hearts is the dialogue and believable characters.
        Oct 11, 2014
      2. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        Yeah but to hit the mark on all of it.. is a major feat! the creator must be super proud.
        Oct 11, 2014
    13. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      In mid november I am quitting my shmo job to focus on my game more. I just found an ideal job that will still allow me a budget for the game without stealing the time I need to work on it! *hears bells and a choir of angels*
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        congrats! Hope it's a job you'll enjoy - makes it that much easier :)
        Oct 9, 2014
      2. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        Well now that college is finished (counselling) I am going back to working with foster children. Working for a crisis line has been very emotionally taxing. Looking forward to less of that!
        Oct 9, 2014
    14. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Anyone know a choice script that allows for Kentucky Route Zero "like" conversation with a text windows that you can choose your responses in. The choice option by default is too small to type in.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Please ask in the Script Requests forum, including details of what "Kentucky Route Zero" means for those who have not played that game.
        Oct 6, 2014
    15. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      OMG I love Extra Credits Youtube Channel!
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Wish I had time to watch it.
        Sep 22, 2014
      2. RainbowGrenade
        RainbowGrenade
        Whazzat?
        Sep 22, 2014
    16. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Watching season one of Star Trek Original Series. Great Saturday night activity with the bestie!
    17. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      Recolors are easy and fun! Plus if you don't have your own copy of photoshop there are many online replacements that work as well or better even. Type "10 Free Web Based Photoshop Alternatives" into Google and recolor your world!
    18. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      The biggest challenge making a game seems to be the art. Especially if your wanting all new tileset and still art...
    19. Laptopdancer
      Laptopdancer
      How can I work f/t, do school f/t ,and work on my game? By allowing my firggen looks to go to sh^*... Sigh. So tiiiired.
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Kage bunshin no jutsu
        May 9, 2014
      2. Laptopdancer
        Laptopdancer
        LOL Maybe I am one of the shadow clones!
        May 14, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    April 26
    First Language:
    English
    Singer/Songwriter, Making Games, Psychology, Sociology, Theology, Science, Egalitarian Feminism, Gender Role Socialization, Urban Farming, Green Space, Ancient China, LGBTQIA History.

Signature

Suffering forges the compassionate heart...