Laptopdancer
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Backing secured! Looking to recruit artists. Pixel, character, environment / concept art. PM me for details.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    There's two good artists under classifieds that do pixel art for sprites. If you have funding now you can probably hire them to create sprites for the game.
    Blinn
    Blinn
    Have you taken sound design into account? If you're going to recruit a team of artists, get a competent sound designer to help you, too.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes - use Classifieds or Project Recruitment, please, not the status feed.
    It appears our game has found an investor! I'm over the moon. Barring catastrophe my dream of being a part of the first fully LGBTQIA content Action RPG video game ever could come true!
    Vexed
    Vexed
    Congrats Laptop, that's great - hope it all goes well for you and your team :D

@CrazyCrab - I'd assume that the cast would be entirely LGBTQIA - or at the very least the playable characters.
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    And thanks Vexed, I really appreciate your words of congratulation. :)
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    All the playable characters are L-esbian G-ay B-isexual T-ransgender I-ntersex or A-sexual
    Anyone know how to woo investors? I am meeting with one on Tuesday who could see giving me 10k but I'd have to be finished in 18 months!!!
    Clord
    Clord
    Assume that investor don't care past getting back their investment plus profit. Tell them what would likely interest them. Even if whatever you are trying to make is your passion, investors passion is to profit and maybe then personal interest towards it.
    Clord
    Clord
    Make sure that if your project or whatever it is fails, you are not screwed by contract.
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    Fantastic Suggestions AriesFireTiger Clord and starcrescendo!!! But your speaking over my head a bit. If any of you have the feeling to discuss it further in a PM I would appreciate the help!
    Building a media database (a lending library of catharsis) for my counselling clients based on specific life experiences has been complicated. Watching and re-watching 100's of movies that adress very deep human issues can take it out of you. I've cried 4 times today and it's only 3pm. On a lighter note I am just about to start experimenting with the dungeon crawler add-on. So that's exciting!!!
    Just finished some Logo stuff I am pretty happy with! It's nice to be able to help out with what ability you have to offer.
    I am in love with the video of the little porcupine eating a pumpkin i saw on FB. Someone should make a game about him!! Kawaii!!!
    I love the family from the TV show Medium! All their characters are so well written. I aspire to that!!
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
    You should see Patricia Arquette in Boyhood. She's boss
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    OMG Thank you!!! This is so cool. I am really looking forward to watching that!
    Laid out all my actors skills, equips, and items tonight for a very nice balance if I do say so myself!! Now you gotta use all 7 of them! Well 8 if you count the Animal Command Menu.
    There are some lovely supportive and caring people in this community. I feel grateful to be a part of it today.
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    And now another caring person has spawned: Me! ^~^ Hehe, I think Ima like this community.
    Is every script-er ever a university mathematics honor student? I feel like it's written in eagle pyramid wavy line language. :-(
    Just downloaded and started To the Moon. Wow. I aspire to this.
    Bukarett
    Bukarett
    It's really good. :D Even though the mapping/mood and atmosphere in this game are all amazing, we all have to agree what wins our hearts is the dialogue and believable characters.
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    Yeah but to hit the mark on all of it.. is a major feat! the creator must be super proud.
    In mid november I am quitting my shmo job to focus on my game more. I just found an ideal job that will still allow me a budget for the game without stealing the time I need to work on it! *hears bells and a choir of angels*
    Shaz
    Shaz
    congrats! Hope it's a job you'll enjoy - makes it that much easier :)
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    Well now that college is finished (counselling) I am going back to working with foster children. Working for a crisis line has been very emotionally taxing. Looking forward to less of that!
    Anyone know a choice script that allows for Kentucky Route Zero "like" conversation with a text windows that you can choose your responses in. The choice option by default is too small to type in.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please ask in the Script Requests forum, including details of what "Kentucky Route Zero" means for those who have not played that game.
    Recolors are easy and fun! Plus if you don't have your own copy of photoshop there are many online replacements that work as well or better even. Type "10 Free Web Based Photoshop Alternatives" into Google and recolor your world!
    The biggest challenge making a game seems to be the art. Especially if your wanting all new tileset and still art...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am messing so much around with ES6 module that jesus those modules make stuff sooo easy haha (especially used with rollup)
2 things... engine wise, some of these MZ updates seem pretty dope and I'm not even a plugin creator lol. and second, my friend is officially a boss character in my game lol... drew him a few days ago and dropped him into the game today lol.
Well, It is 4:23 here! Time to sleep!
Good night y'all! <3 :rock-right:
Anybody else ready for MZ Ace?
For scrolling of large maps... Minimap, or very small zoom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaryubibig