Lars Ulrika
Last Activity:
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the, Male, from Bengkulu Indonesia

Veteran

So this RM Birthday short game will be called the awkward adventures of Lazy Harry. The goal of the game : find a job. Mar 6, 2019

Lars Ulrika was last seen:
Jul 17, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    1. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      So this RM Birthday short game will be called the awkward adventures of Lazy Harry. The goal of the game : find a job.
      1. Mordridakon likes this.
    2. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I live again
      1. RachelTheSeeker likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        A familiar person.. welcome back, I just came back too
        Mar 1, 2019
        Lars Ulrika likes this.
      4. Poryg
        Poryg
        *casts Greater fireball*
        Mar 1, 2019
        Lars Ulrika likes this.
      5. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        Thanks everybody ^^
        Mar 5, 2019
    3. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      IGMC aborted. My wife thought this time was perfect to speak to me about divorce.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. JmyDown
        JmyDown
        There isn't anything to say to make it better but if you need time away from the community thats ok but we are all here to help.
        Oct 21, 2017
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I'm very sorry to read that. Don't know what to say, except that I wish the best possible outcome for both of you.
        Oct 21, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Stanley
        Stanley
        ..best wishes..
        Oct 22, 2017
    4. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      Finally found a much more inspiring concept, and this igmc will be my first game with full custom graphics from scratch.
      1. Stanley and Poryg like this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Including tilesets? Awesome! :o
        Oct 10, 2017
      3. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        @Poryg Yes, I decided to go the simple road with 8-bit graphics because I'm far from being an expert. I just figured this contest was the occasion to finally dare and try it out.
        Oct 10, 2017
        starlight dream likes this.
    5. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      My new Goodbye Neko track "It's bouncing!" got released in a japanese compilation named "Kusoikore 3"! Grab it for free here : http://kusoikore.autonomous.fm/index.html#dl   it featured 4 hours of breakcore, kusoikore and many more!
    6. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I did a new track with my electro project Goodbye Neko, it's inspired from the new anime Occultic Nine :
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I decided to give 50% of my future commissions to the organisation Food for the Poor which sends help to Haiti victims of Matthew Hurricane! If you're not interested in my soundtracks, I invite you all to donate to a reliable organisation as well the situation is terrible there!
    8. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      Only a few days are left to take advantage of my music making September sale!
      1. 2 people like this.
    9. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      My mapping shop is now offering a special price for the whole September!
    10. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      Being able again to work full-time on Galiyuka is a blast.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    11. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      Finally back on polishing that Hikaru the Doom Melody short game!
    12. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
       Finally back working on Galiyuka a bit.

But seems this year will mostly be a musical one. Sorry for those who wait for the next update.
    13. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      People who claim being bipolar is great because "muh, creativity" don't know what they're talking about.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        @Niten Ichi Ryu Experience tells me it's usually the teachers going "it's ADHD." I think a lot of people need the developmental psychology class I took. As it turns out young boys are geared to work on large motor skills (run, jump, play) and young girls are geared to work on fine motor skills (drawing, writing). This levels out as they age, but that's why we see so many boys with "ADHD" and only a few girls.

Plus school has gotten worse over the years. It's very likely less interactive and a lot more boring.
        Jun 14, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        Somehow I guess it makes some people feel more comfortable thinking "it's a mental condition from birth" rather than questioning why the hell so many people get mental disorders. Because it would make us have to rethink many things, school in particular.

I was a pretty sociable and loving kid. That is, until I entered a normal school. It hosed me up and I still suffer the consequences of this today. Might carry that all my life and it pretty much kept me from achieving anything significant so far because when you have alternating phases of building / destroying everything , you can't really move on.

The worst is YOU KNOW there is something wrong, YOU KNOW you're doing it wrong but your brain just tells you "frick off I do it anyway".

Jun 15, 2016
      5. taarna23
        taarna23
        Many public school systems are actually designed to hold people back, indoctrinate, and destroy creative thinking. This is actually a terrifying thought, as we just keep on pushing kids through a system we know dayum well is broken.

As for the source of mental disorder? The list is enormous, but here's a few simple ones - drugs in the rivers, lakes and rain; chemicals of all kinds and descriptions blasted into the air with zero thought of consequence, sometimes intentionally; lead in the drinking water (but not on paper - it totally tested as safe); lead and cadmium in the jewelry we let our kids wear (all the way up to 100% lead or cadmium - some stuff from Claire's and Ardene was recently tested to be 50-100% cadmium).

It's all about the money, and if you're not high enough up the ladder, you are 100% expendable.
        Jun 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    14. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      This week-end playing a concert in a remote area of Sumatra has been the most meaningful human experience I've ever had in my life. Still didn't 100 % compute everything I've seen and heard there and what I want to do about that.
      Also , two cd releases planned this year. AT LAST I'M GETTING SOMEWHERE WITH MY MUSIC.

15. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I never thought comics publishers would be interested in sole writers even though they don't have an artist to work with.

Maybe that scenario I wrote will come into handy after all.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Nikoback
        Nikoback
        Fantastic, time to propose my epic comic ideas and not worry at all about drawing!
        Apr 25, 2016
    16. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      This the Walking Dead game is monster comboing my feels.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ghost of Christmas Kloe
        Ghost of Christmas Kloe
        Sorry, I always do that when hungry, gender mistakes when hungry is odd but it's usually since I'm in a rush.

I kept HER since I wanted everyone I could get, but a punch still seems about right.
        Apr 16, 2016
      3. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        I was so pissed about what she just did  I didn't even think about that I was just like "How dare you! Die die die die die die DIE!!" XD
        Apr 16, 2016
      4. Ghost of Christmas Kloe
        Ghost of Christmas Kloe
        Lol, I can just imagine...
        Apr 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    17. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I just so much improved the first maps of my game with some edits here and there I just can't believe it.

I'm on a good flow lately which is rather surprising because usually I tend to have this flow collapse when crap happens to me. Won't complain about that.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Congrats! Would love to see your work.
        Apr 11, 2016
    18. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      I....I did pixel art. I DID IT. WOW.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Hint: After such a statement, you're supposed to proudly display the result.
        Apr 10, 2016
      3. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        Nothing exciting, just drawn some branches after observing the way they were done in the rtp and got a decent result which surprised me and make me want to try something more complex now hahaha.
        Apr 10, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I really like it. But you can't add gradients which means any lighting effects have to be added through pixels.
        Apr 11, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Lars Ulrika
      Lars Ulrika
      Reworking on some tileset edits and I didn't think I made that much progress in doing that :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
    20. Imploded Tomato
      Imploded Tomato
      "As a fan of the Mother franchised I'm in the same time interested and turned off. Why? The affiliation is so obvious even scenario-wise it has a little something that disturbs me. It's obviously not plagiarism but it's screaming out so much "hey! I'm almost an Earthbound fangame!" I don't know.... disturbs me a bit. In the... "

Maybe this game just isn't for you, regardless of your interest or not. No offense, but I'm going to have to ask you and your friend lilWhite to stay away from my future posts throughout the forums and web because I don't like the tone of your comments as it's embarrassing for other people to read my post now. 
      1. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        " In the other hand, it looks to have been really well executed so I didn't listen to that little disturbance in the Force and gave you my vote :D. "  As you can see here, Lars also praised you, and gave you a greenlight vote.  A similar thing has happened on your steam greenlight page, you have received a lot of praise but instead you only seem to see the negatives.  Why focus on the criticisms and lose your cool when you can stay calm, and show your integrity as a developer?  You're going to get criticism no matter how many people you threaten, ban from your greenlight page, or be rude to.  So, I suggest you learn how to deal with it, even if that means stepping away for a while so that you can put things into perspective.  Yes, steam has plenty of trolls and flat out terrible people, but if you react like this, they win and you lose.
        Apr 7, 2016
        5 people like this.
      2. Lars Ulrika
        Lars Ulrika
        You're lucky I'm not as prone to get offended as you because many people would have removed their vote for your greenlight after getting such a message.

" I'm going to have to ask you and your friend lilWhite to stay away from my future posts throughout the forums and web because I don't like the tone of your comments "

Really? REALLY?

When your game gets exposure (and that's all I wish for you) you'll get guys who will be 10 times harsher than me. If you react to them like you did with me, be ready to get your reputation as a dev destroyed quicker than it needs for a 4chan user to post about you on Encyclopedia dramatica.

I won't be a d*ck and remove my vote or report your message but be sure that other people won't be as nice as me. Less certain to plan to buy your game though. Yes, I was thinking about this.
        Apr 7, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Losing interest in interests.

Signature

[​IMG]

Click on the banner to meet these cuties. Come on, you know you want to.