Lars Ulrika
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• "As a fan of the Mother franchised I'm in the same time interested and turned off. Why? The affiliation is so obvious even scenario-wise it has a little something that disturbs me. It's obviously not plagiarism but it's screaming out so much "hey! I'm almost an Earthbound fangame!" I don't know.... disturbs me a bit. In the... "

Maybe this game just isn't for you, regardless of your interest or not. No offense, but I'm going to have to ask you and your friend lilWhite to stay away from my future posts throughout the forums and web because I don't like the tone of your comments as it's embarrassing for other people to read my post now. 
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    " In the other hand, it looks to have been really well executed so I didn't listen to that little disturbance in the Force and gave you my vote :D. "  As you can see here, Lars also praised you, and gave you a greenlight vote.  A similar thing has happened on your steam greenlight page, you have received a lot of praise but instead you only seem to see the negatives.  Why focus on the criticisms and lose your cool when you can stay calm, and show your integrity as a developer?  You're going to get criticism no matter how many people you threaten, ban from your greenlight page, or be rude to.  So, I suggest you learn how to deal with it, even if that means stepping away for a while so that you can put things into perspective.  Yes, steam has plenty of trolls and flat out terrible people, but if you react like this, they win and you lose.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    You're lucky I'm not as prone to get offended as you because many people would have removed their vote for your greenlight after getting such a message.

" I'm going to have to ask you and your friend lilWhite to stay away from my future posts throughout the forums and web because I don't like the tone of your comments "

Really? REALLY?

When your game gets exposure (and that's all I wish for you) you'll get guys who will be 10 times harsher than me. If you react to them like you did with me, be ready to get your reputation as a dev destroyed quicker than it needs for a 4chan user to post about you on Encyclopedia dramatica.

I won't be a d*ck and remove my vote or report your message but be sure that other people won't be as nice as me. Less certain to plan to buy your game though. Yes, I was thinking about this.
    Kill dat no brain mekboy who painted mah wartrukks purple! RED TRUKKS ARE FASTER EVERY GITZ KNOW DAT!
    I had a new version of Hikaru the Doom melody with wonderful colourful custom parallax mapping.

Got lots of praise.

....then i woke up.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Oh, I have no complain, it's just I REALLY did dream about that some minutes before writing this status XD.
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Yeah I've dreamed I become really good at pixel art and can do my dream game exactly the way I want it sometimes.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Oh I guess we all have that skill we want but keep slipping through our fingers XD
    Who is the idiot who said "hell is others"? Hell is parents-in-law.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Well, actually we don't hate each other, it's just that well, we have cultures that are literally from 18000 km away from each other and it creates really tough situations when they decide to squat our house for weeks.
    Sieginder Niederlage
    Sieginder Niederlage
    Jean Paul Sartre, a french philosopher.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres" or "Hell is other people" might have referred to the fact that when we make an assessment of ourselves, we generally take other people's opinions into consideration, or maybe that no matter what you are, if someone else thinks something of you, then you are that to them.

Thus, we aren't what we think we are, rather, we are what people think we are. If people think we are idiots, then we are, at least to them, unless we can convince them otherwise, which is sometimes a huge pain.

Therefore: Hell is other people.
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Thanks for refreshing my memory :D
    Was so stressed about writing a good introductory topic for my game I always messed up. Until tonight :D
    And of course, I ended up doing something totally different than what I planned.
    That will be a kinda earthboundesque tune for you guys.
    Guess it will be soon time to rerelease a Galiyuka demo. Not that much content added but balanced tons of stuff skill-wise and finally found a solution to give access to all places while keeping it replayable and not screwing up the lore.
    Now starting on something I promised myself to do since a long time : contributions to restaff and work on an soundtrack pack. Not sure about the theme yet.
    Will it be my usual weird stuff or some diabloesque soundscape?

Hum....
    The struggle to write a story without as many jokes as I'm used to do is real. HEELP
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I can't do serious. I'm all about that cheese. For life!
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Hahaha I totally feel the same :). But here it's a kind of writing exercise I'm imposing myself, trying to get out of my comfort zone ^^
    Aaaaaaaaand just when I could get ALL Serious Sam games for 100000 rupiah, I end up not even having that to spend. :(
    Hikaru the Doom melody will be the first opus of a trilogy of short games. Next one is Utari the Sweet melody. I'll try something I never did before : write a light-hearted story. Wish me good luck!
    Resolution for this end of month : less Doom 2, more work and more birthday bash games testing. Will I be true to my resolution? Hum....
    Oh dear, I found back my very first rpg maker 2000 project. This abomination must never be found.

NEVER.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Really , you don't want to play that. Even me who made it just couldn't stand more than 5 minutes of this ordeal of stupid story, stupid dialogs, stupid fights, godawful mapping etc lol
    That Bread
    That Bread
    Loool.... I think you should keep it I kept my first crap project just to remind myself. "This is how not to make a game" :p

Ever going to resurrect it? And give it anew shine of paint?
    Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Oh sure I won't erase it , would it be just to see how far I've come from that thing XD.
    About resurrecting that abomination? Nah, really, this game is unredeemable lol.
    Well, seems I got possessed by SNK when making this final boss. Gotta write a strategic guide for the people who kindly took the time to try out my game thoroughly. Would feel bad they can't get to see the ending.
    Surprised to see that many downloads for my main project and yet so few feedback. Oh well, I guess it means no one hated it at least.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

been a while since i posted here my coding class got ****ed because of covid and i did not learn much java script and the little stuff that i did learn i forgot by now
Yosh! :LZScheeze: Made a video with some cool tips and tricks for MV & MZ.
As you watch, I'm curious to know how many tips you already knew. :LZSyum:

Lol. Just got an Apple support scam... is that a thing now? Well, I trolled them good. I played "H.O.L.I.D.A.Y." by The Wiggles and then told them that the supposed victim wasn't at the call center anymore. He was confused so I let it slip that I knew the scam. He hung up on me.
Tired of scammers? Just troll them. They'll run for the hills.
I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richracer2