Recent content by Lemur

1. Lemur

Finding Ruby/Javascript Similarities

Be very careful treating `this` like `self`: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/this
  2. Lemur

You Type Too Much

My recent conference talk just got posted. Could be useful to a lot of people here. Fair warning, the cameraman left autofocus on so some areas are obscured. The git repo I link to in the comments has all the information and slides that reference everything, so that should cover those holes...
  3. Lemur

We need a guide to MV's base scripts!

As a professional programmer, the myth that you need to suffer through crap documentation is absolutely toxic. Take a look at Rails, EmberJS, and Spark. They have fantastic documentation, resources, comments, and community help. Go to the polar opposite and you have most apache products. Poor...
  4. Lemur

JS equivalent of .method().call()?

If you mean a dynamic name: object[method]() object[method].call() object[method].apply()
  5. Lemur

Testing / NPM / Transpiling

The only way I can reasonably test the current code is if I port it to RequireJS modules or do some really hacky inclusions with eval.
  6. Lemur

Random Art Thread

Playing around with some Prismacolor markers again.
  7. Lemur

Brain Exercises for JS

Question is, how much speed do you gain for the obscurity of it? Not everyone's going to have experience bit-twiddling, and even fewer have read things like Hacker's Delight. I just feel like this isn't likely to be your main bottleneck of performance.
  8. Lemur

Back into Space Art

Back playing around in Photoshop making some space art. Been quite a while. http://baweaver.deviantart.com/art/Requiem-Refactor-590060247 http://baweaver.deviantart.com/art/Sanctum-589481848
  9. Lemur

Testing / NPM / Transpiling

Fair warning ahead of time on this post, this is going to range far more into production Javascript practices I've used at work. So then, to start off with, what is the general stance towards testing? To cover mine: What is testing? Whenever I'm writing any code I want to be sure works...
  10. Lemur

Conditional return

You do know you could literally just put puts in front of that right? name = 'Contra'_, index = ["Super Mario Bros.", "Contra", "Metroid", "Mega Man 2"].each_with_index.find { |g| g == name }puts if "Game #{name} found: #{name} at index #{index}."else "Game #{name} not found."end
  11. Lemur

RGSS4

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/34937-rgss-improvements/ I'll just leave this here :3 It should be noted that a certain Lemur isn't opposed to the idea of consultancy in building things out in Ruby.
  12. Lemur

the explaination of the keyword "then"?

Most of the time you should just use suffix expressions: foo = bar if baz
  13. Lemur

RGSS: functional vs imperative

...wait, what now? Functional programming is not inherently tied to recursion you know. The key ideas behind functional programming are: Immutability - all variables are final Idempotance - a function can be applied multiple times without changing the result First Class Functions - You can...
  14. Lemur

Differencies in module functions?

That I'm aware of, no, but it's bad form to put a bunch of static methods on a module if it's not something of a library of functions like Math and friends. Normally the second form is preferred as it's very explicit about what it is up front. The third form can lead to confusion from a cursory...
  15. Lemur

Ruby to C# -> Unity

...you do realize I just said I was starting this right? I don't know what's possessed you to go on that tirade, but whenever I've very clearly stated that something is a new project that seems pretty asinine to call it not stable enough or theoretical. Of course it's not, it's a new project.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradeepkanojia