Leo Epitav
Last Activity:
Dec 6, 2015

Following 1

Share This Page

Leo Epitav

Villager

OK OMG Rpgmaker MV Is Already Beating RPGMAKER ACE In Script Databse. There is Already Light Script and Game Time Script and Fog Script. It Almost has Every thing. Except Action Battle System that is. Its Getting better and faster than ace when it started, which is unexpected. Nov 9, 2015

Leo Epitav was last seen:
Dec 6, 2015
    1. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      OK OMG Rpgmaker MV Is Already Beating RPGMAKER ACE In Script Databse. There is Already Light Script and Game Time Script and Fog Script. It Almost has Every thing. Except Action Battle System that is. Its Getting better and faster than ace when it started, which is unexpected.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Ramiro
        Ramiro
        Another person was killed when you say java instead of javascript... Please, help us to prevent more deaths
        Nov 9, 2015
      3. Mellye
        Mellye
        A change of programming language isn't such a big deal as far as "re-learning" scripting goes. Except for the more esoteric or machine level languages, there's really no big deal in switching languages, it's not like it makes you need to re-learn everything from scratch or anything like that. The fact that the engine kept the same general logical structure that it had on VX Ace is much more relevant, in this regard.
        Nov 9, 2015
      4. Tsukihime
        Tsukihime
        I imagine several action battle systems are in development. It's just that they probably can't be finished in like a week if you have other arrangements to meet.
        Nov 9, 2015
    2. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMAKER MV Battle Sound Track = Epic
      2. Leo Epitav
        Nov 2, 2015
      3. Syltti
        Syltti
        There's an OST? Or are you referring to the battle themes that came with MV?
        Nov 2, 2015
      4. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        Battle Themes that Comes with the maker.
        Nov 2, 2015
    3. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Can't wait until RPGMAKER MV Reaches its full potential. I don't see any signs yet due to The new powerfull Javascript in which most of the community doesn't seem to be intersted in. If only Enterbain Released an RGSS4 Version I would have been more optimistic on the future of MV. tl;d mv is awesome but the community was born using Ruby , Will we see as much scripts or less scripts compared to ACE due to that?
      2. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        And to be honest, the community was born using simple and complex eventing in RM2k/2k3. It grew with RGSS iterations. It will keep growing with JS
        Nov 2, 2015
      3. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        Here is hoping. RPGMAKERACE Grown Awesome So Far. Even I as a new RPGMAKER I Started with ACE Instead of VX. At least MV Has more Potentials even if they are yet to be unlocked :)
        Nov 2, 2015
      4. Baka-chan
        Baka-chan
        If people can learn ruby, then they can learn javascript too. It's just a matter of time. If someone is too lazy to learn something then it doesn't matter if it's ruby, javascript or some occult technology.
        Nov 2, 2015
    4. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMAKER2003 Will Remain One of its Kind. Due to its Graphics Looking like GBA/Genesis/Snes. Some thing you do not see any more. Its not directly comparable to any of the RPGMakers Today because its a whole diffrent experience that gets you back to the classics of rpg gaming. Played lots of RPGMAKER2003 Games and they were very impressively fun .. some thing that is not common to find in ace games.
      2. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        I see. I am not saying RPGMaker MV or ACE Sucks I am only saying RPGMAKER2003 Is different experience.
        Nov 2, 2015
      3. Jaymonius
        Jaymonius
        By possibilities, can you mean have a plugin for MV that will change 48x48 tiles back to good ol' 16x16 tiles? Ehh? EHHHH? :D
        Nov 2, 2015
      4. Milennin
        Milennin
        Yeah, with the plugins that came with the program release there's one that lets you use 16x16 tiles. The only problem is setting the resolution in RM2K(3) numbers because it'll butcher the menu.
        Nov 2, 2015
    5. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMakerMV Has so many negatives. First The Tileset system not being the same as ACE And the fact that the premade tile set that ships with the maker are heavily focused on modern style which makes the Creator Very Limited on Maps Unilke ACE Tiles. Its Better than ACE Theortacally speaking but you can do very very less thanks to changing the tileset system and offering very limited tileset. Another Thing is the scripting while Java script is Awesome, I would have much rathered they offered an...
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        MV is a big improvement over Ace's version in regards to tileset system (and I do not see anything lost in the transition imo).

I do think that the fantasy and modern resource split may hurt games that focus on only one of those two styles though.
        Nov 2, 2015
      3. Susan
        Susan
        @Leo Epitav:

If you have Shaz's Change Tile Size script, you can use that to set the size to 32 x 32 (Ace's tile size) and continue using Ace tiles in MV if you want, instead of the MV RTP if you feel that it's lacking. :)

@Silent Darkness:

I don't see any problem with having just 3 actor spritesheet. They provided a character generator for a reason. ;)
        Nov 2, 2015
        2 people like this.
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        I'm locking this. There are a hundred threads where people have given their opinions on MV. I've already said to stop making new ones. The status feed is not the place for this. This is the kind of thing that's making us consider disabling it.
        Nov 2, 2015
    6. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Love RPGMAKER MV EXCEPT The Fact it doesn't support MP3.
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        MP3 is old and doesn't support loop point looping and looping start to finish would still not be very good because of the extra padding it's given at the start of the music due to any encoder you use. OGG is better quality, supports both types of looping and still can keep a smaller filesize compared to WAV and FLAC. So many reasons not to use it. Besides, any MP3 can be converted to OGG using converters or Audacity. And it's free.
        Oct 30, 2015
      2. Harold Ã…llaberg
        Harold Ã…llaberg
        you can just convert mp3s to m4as/oggs using any online tool
        Oct 30, 2015
    7. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Think I will just switch to RPGMAKER MV. Its just too awesome. I don't know what maybe the character Generator inspires me to create a game with those animation and the fact that 720p/1080p is supported (which both removes black borders). Its just amazing and it isn't missing much. The Maps are also amazing. VXACE Just seems so outdated for me, Its not a final deision but I mostly will go to this direction.
      1. Dalph
        Dalph
        Wise choice, you won't regret it.
        Oct 29, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        I'm going to play with mv for the next 19 days, after that it's back to ace till I get my ace game done.
        Oct 29, 2015
    8. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      I love MV And I love Java and I really would like to switch to MV But I don't want to kill my game and maps on ACE to switch to MV. Uh
      2. Ramiro
        Ramiro
        I have apache tomcat installed, can you make me a war instead? :p
        Oct 28, 2015
      3. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        JavaScript what ever I didn't mean to make the sentence related to coding.
        Oct 28, 2015
      4. Iavra
        Iavra
        I can even top that war and make you an EAR!
        Oct 28, 2015
    9. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMaker MV Character Generator is so amazingly built and so is the sprite Style. It makes it so more advanced than ACE.
      1. Fernyfer775
        Fernyfer775
        Agreed, and as the community releases more and more addons to it, it only gets better.
        Oct 27, 2015
      2. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        The Fact that you could create Emotion sets and in one file is also amazing.
        Oct 27, 2015
    10. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      The Challenging part about making good battles is to make them Fun instead of very difficult.
      2. JAD94
        JAD94
        Or, fun and difficult/challenging ;)
        Oct 26, 2015
      3. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        I don't want people to suffer trial and error but I don't want them to repeat the attack button.
        Oct 26, 2015
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        @Leo then get rid of the attack button, and the guard as well. Some traditions are wonderful and should be kept, others should be burned in a fire.

@gameprincessluna: maybe they've gotten more difficult, truth be told I quit the series at silver.
        Oct 26, 2015
    11. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      MV Side View battle system sprites and animations/ Battle Music = Amazing
    12. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Think I will finish my game for ace until mv gets enough plugins and tilesets. There is so much I have done in vxace but mv is promising so far and i am so tempted to make a game for it due to sideview animations.
      1. Seriel
        Seriel
        It's nice to see that the MV hate is calming down with solutions to the lag popping up here and there.

Wooooohooooooo!! I'm happy I preordered now (I wasn't when I first opened it)
        Oct 25, 2015
      2. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        Never suffered lag. Mv is great just needs more plugins. I always thought of it as an amazing product from the start.
        Oct 25, 2015
    13. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Think I will finish my game for ace until mv gets enough plugins and tikesets.
    14. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMaker MV Sprite System and Battle System in Side view is amazing.. specially the animation of the sprites in Side View.
      1. Mage Heart
        Mage Heart
        Yes. Couldn't agree more.
        Oct 25, 2015
      2. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        In The Animation part it defeats every ace script out there. The Character Generator also helps create suitable animations for side view.
        Oct 25, 2015
    15. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Despite all the complains rpgmaker mv at the most part is amazing. it has more potential than ACE But as of yet its more challenging to make games with it than in ACE But could achieve much better resaults. There are few things gone wrong but they all got to do with how the editor works. but so far I love it for the suprerior graphic quality and finally an HD/True HD Resolution support.
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Look at the elder scrolls series it is always buggy at first, but after players play and report bugs and patches are released it always ends up being a top quality product.
        Oct 25, 2015
    16. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Converted all my data to MV. But Unfortuntly I couldn't get the Tile sets to work properly. How do I do that quickly like through Converting by software.. Any 1 knows?
      1. Ramiro
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        You cna also use the change tilesize plugin by shaz to bring everything down to 32x32
        Oct 25, 2015
    17. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      Seems Like VXACE Resources are tottally incompatiable with VXACE. So any previous tile sets are not capable of being ported to mv for a still unknown reasons.
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        If you are referring to MV, you can use them you just need to use a plugin to change the tile size.
        Oct 25, 2015
      3. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        I rather resize them thought to see how they look like on editor but I will search for that plugin.
        Oct 25, 2015
      4. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Just about everything in MV is 1.5 times larger in pixels. So 32x32 would be 48x48 and so on.
        Oct 25, 2015
    18. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      MV Is Great but it will take time to get poppular. Once more intersting games come out using it. VXACE Will still remain easier for game developing thought but it will still lack the great features MV Has like superior graphic quality and True HD Resolution support.
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        Just curious: In what way do you feel Ace is easier. Honestly, MV feels just as easy to me.
        Oct 25, 2015
      3. JosephSeraph
        JosephSeraph
        there are a few things that are harder to use (for beginners I think) like the lack of a resource manager, the plugin system is easier for simple plugins but bigger plugins are harder to config (whatever, harder plugins are for bigger kids, and they're more powerful anyway so it's a good tradeoff) overall I can see it feeling a little less easy to use. Also it's kinda unresponsive and laggy (i haven't tried nessy's fix yet) but that's because my pc is pretty old and sh...
        Oct 25, 2015
      4. JosephSeraph
        JosephSeraph
        wow i'm not bothering to write it again
        Oct 25, 2015
    19. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      RPGMAKER MV 1080P OMG EXPERIENCE OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
      1. Liak
        Liak
        If you like controlling heroes of the size of an ant, I guess it's awesome. :D
        Oct 25, 2015
      2. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        ^Maybe make an ant rpg then. That actually sounds like a cool idea for a tower defense type game, now that I think about it.
        Oct 25, 2015
      3. Leo Epitav
        Leo Epitav
        Not Really my laptop screen is 17.3 Inch so I am not seeing any ant size. It depends on monitor I guess. Never tried on larger screen.
        Oct 25, 2015
    20. Leo Epitav
      Leo Epitav
      I love every thing about the MV But the Plugin Editor. I am not a script writer but I prefer to edit scripts/plugins inside rpgmaker than to open each script/plugin/whatever individually.
      1. Iavra
        Iavra
        Actually, the script editor in Ace was so bad, that most scripters used an external editor, anyway...
        Oct 25, 2015
  • About

First Language:
    English

Signature

GTX 970M 3 GB / 1400 Core / 1500 Memory

i7 4720 @ 2.6 GHZ

1080P 17.3 IPS Panel

16 GB Ram