Recent content by lerugray

1. lerugray

Custom battle system

Hopefully you don't mind, but im struggling to create my own CBS and may borrow your first few lines of code just to get it going, have my own mechanics in mind.
  2. lerugray

Where to start for creating Custom Battle System

maybe im dumb but I still can't find the battler functions lol, if anyone can point me to them i'd really appreciate it, thanks
  3. lerugray

Any chance you could direct me to the part of the system code that deals with the battler? It's a bit hard to pick out in all that code :)
  4. lerugray

Perfect! Thank you so much, this is just what I need to get started, thanks again :D
  5. lerugray

Is there any RPG MV specific documentation I should be familiar with before I start? or should I just start building something similar in JS that could run in a console? Or should I start building this specific for MV? I assume for example I would need several window commands for MV. Thank you...
  6. lerugray

This is great! Thank you so much, I have an average understanding of programming, albeit with python so I think I can understand most of this, from what I understand JS doesn't use any classes which may make it a little easier on my brain.
  7. lerugray

The graphics I meant to be extremely simple as I want to focus on mechanics. Not sure if you have ever seen the original Wizardry 6 combat screen but here is how it looks, it doesn't even switch to a different screen. I should note that I'm using the FPLE MV plugin with this game.
  8. lerugray

Hello All I have a finished set of combat rules I would like to use instead of the standard sequence that RPG maker uses, it's much closer to the original Wizardy style games. I know a little bit of JS and have just recently started learning, but can code a bit in python and understand most...
  9. lerugray

Help with Choices that depend on switches.

These are PERFECT! Thanks so much
  10. lerugray

Help with Choices that depend on switches.

Hi all So another member was helping me with a character creation engine, ive been understanding most of it but im a little clueless as to what to do here Within the show choice, I would want to basically have a class choice be available if a switch is on and unavailable if off, but I am not...
  11. lerugray

Character Generator Question

oh yeah, and not sure what you mean by ### whoops meant to send this in our chat lol my bad, and not I get it, my bad, i assume im doing this with a conditional branch, think this is all starting to come back to me now, thank you for bearing with me.
  12. lerugray

Yeah I was curious how I would have done character specific variables anyway given the limitations of the system, wouldnt I have had to have done multiple conditional branches? like if current char is 1, yada yada yada
  13. lerugray

beautiful, thank you so much dude, ill get to work on this now, youre the best!
  14. lerugray

Hello all, in the interest of not bombarding one member with tons of questions, I figured I would ask for help here. Gracious member Traveling Bard came up with this logic for setting events for a character generation idea I had, below is the logic. As of right now I've been putting these...
  15. lerugray

Wizardry Style Character Creation

Would have edited previous message but couldnt figure out how to quote, I'm not exactly sure what you mean/how to do this part. How do I check for something that hasn't been created yet? Do I have to do checks for each one? Thanks for the help again, next time ill throw these questions in a pm

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZAIKING