Sep 10, 2017

Following 3

Birthday:
May 29, 1997 (Age: 22)

Share This Page

LewisDruid

Lewis Druid, Male, 22, from USA

Veteran

This is a link to my blog post: http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/blog/566/entry-2185-introducing-zenori-gravius-update/ Apr 3, 2017

LewisDruid was last seen:
Sep 10, 2017
    1. LewisDruid
    2. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      I forgot to introduce the characters, and haven't touched the game in months. I'm working on it again, so let the introductions begin!
    3. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      So I've decided that I'll start introducing my characters tomorrow morning.
    4. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      Meet the cast of my new game! Their designs may change a bit here or there, but they will probably remain close to how they are now! I love each of them, so I think I'll introduce them each individually starting Christmas Day. That way you can get a feel for who each person is : D

54881.IPB
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. TriceratopsX
        TriceratopsX
        The left-most bottom girl seems really sad, especially next to the happy guy.
        Dec 23, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        She's probably one of my favorites, because she has a really messed up backstory. 
        Dec 24, 2016
    5. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      I'm alive again! I'm now doing Navy things :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
    6. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      I know I haven't been active in a while, and that will have to be the case for a little while longer. I've been pretty stressed the past few months, because joining the military is going to be a really large step in my life. I'm leaving for Basic Training next week, and won't be back until July or August, which it'll be a while before I talk to any of you again. Feel free to message me before next Tuesday if you want, and I'll be sure to update the wonderful RPG Maker community of how Basic went :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        Military? War is baaaad. =3

~ Good luck and take care! (=
        May 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        Haha, thanks Riki :3
        May 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    7. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      "I'm having such an easy time coming up with a title" ~No One, Ever
      1. View previous comments...
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ok, as for my first try, how about "Omen Spell or Omen Rite"
        Feb 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        Ooh, those do actually sound cool, especially "Omen Rite"! If you come up with any others, feel free to let me know, and thank you again :D
        Feb 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        you welcome, and i will X3 
        Feb 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      So I'm at a crossroad. I want to use chibi characters, but I'm afraid it will draw away from the story which is more serious. Since a majority of RPG Maker gamers are the people on the site, I figured the choice should be partly up to y'all. 
      2. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        What if I made it seem like a cutesie game, but it turns into a very serious one? Would that work out? Maybe I should just make the story not as serious xD Lord this is confusing!
        Feb 16, 2016
      3. Atlas Rose
        Atlas Rose
        Its up to you, man. Just go with whatever you think fits best
        Feb 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        Okay, thank you :D
        Feb 16, 2016
    9. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      I'm totally considering learning how to draw chibi. I've had trouble finding resources that match who I want to portray Main Character 1, and they are supposed to be based on me. Chibi seems like it can be easy to draw with a little practice, it just comes to drawing it on Photoshop and drawing it small enough to be used as face sets. Then there are the sprites, which means I have to learn how to do pixel art. Who decided games had to be so much work? Haha :')
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Idril
        Idril
        Well, some general tips -

If you plan on working digitally and don't have a drawing tablet already, get one as soon as you can afford it, even if it's not the greatest. You can usually get them on sale for pretty cheap and your hands/wrists will thank you. Following up on that, even if you're working with a tablet or traditionally, get used to doing regular wrist exercises. Look up carpal tunnel exercises and get in the habit of doing them after long periods of drawing - they are so helpful in keeping your wrists healthy for more drawing.

Now on to actual art tips! Google is your best friend for art tutorials, but art books are an extremely good resource too. I recommend Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga series - I started with those and they taught me so many skills that I've since transferred to non-manga art. They also have handy-dandy sections on chibis! If you'd rather watch videos, look up Mark Crilley's YouTube channel. He posts free tutorials every week. Another book I recommend is Super-cute Chibis to Draw and Paint by Joanna Zhou. She goes over conveying emotions in stylized faces, illustrating textures on chibis, and even a tidbit of color theory.

Speaking of color theory, it's worth learning the basics of it early on. It will make your images look many times better if you know at least a smidgen of the basics of color theory, I assure you! Here's a good tutorial - http://majnouna.deviantart.com/art/Colour-Theory-in-a-Nutshell-14617828 and one that's a bit more in-depth with more pictures - http://darlingmionette.deviantart.com/art/Quick-and-Dirty-Color-Theory-161213599

Look at other artist's work. YouTube is full of speedpaints and they are honestly so helpful in taking a peek into the workflows of other artists. Art books, as in the ones full of pictures, not the ones full of tutorials, are really inspiring. I'm loving The Art of Rise of the Guardians right now, but there are tons out there.

Last but not least, don't compare yourself to other artists. Don't feel bad if you feel they have better art than you. It's taken them years to get where they are, and at one point they started out the same way as you and everyone else, learning the basics. Leonardo Da Vinci didn't paint the Mona Lisa on his first day as an artist - it took years for him to develop the necessary skills. With enough hard work and practice you will get where you want to be as an artist! Even then, you'll still keep learning new things and new skills.

Hopefully all that wall of text was helpful! If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask. I tried to keep it pretty general, since I don't know exactly what you've got questions about. :)
        Feb 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        The wall was very helpful! I do have a drawing tablet available, I've just not used it yet. I will check out Mark Crilley's channel, and keep an eye out for his and Joan's books. I'm wondering if we should transfer to messages. 
        Feb 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Idril
        Idril
        Glad it helped! And yeah, it might be a good idea to transfer to messages for more discussion, this is getting pretty long for status comments :)  
        Feb 15, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    10. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      Finally starting to write the opening scene today! I have a photo shoot first though, but later I can maybe come up with my story xD
    11. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      Increasing Game's Resolution

Pros:

Higher resolution (480p is SO AMAZING!1!)

Cons:

Editing every. Single. Graphic.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Yep. Though for some reason the Steam audience still wants the HD resolution :3 MV work well on that.
        Feb 13, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        Yeah. I'll wait till I get MV for the upgrade to HD
        Feb 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Marsigne
        Feb 13, 2016
        2 people like this.
    12. LewisDruid
      LewisDruid
      So, I'm making a game (I know, shocker), and I was wondering if it's a good idea to include extra files such as world maps, class guides, quest guides, etc.
      2. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        That's sort of what I was thinking :)  
        Feb 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Idril
        Idril
        That might be interesting! :)
        Feb 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        Awesome :D  I actually already have some of them typed up for personal use, but I could definitely tweak them so they look nicer and use them for a little bonus thing! Thanks for the help :)
        Feb 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 29, 1997 (Age: 22)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hiya, I'm LewisDruid! Welcome to my profile!

These are some things that I think will help you get a better idea of who I am!

Sex: Male
    Height: 6'5"
    Hobbies: Game making, playing the keyboard, making puns, YouTubing (sort of), and writing.
    Strengths: Friendly, decent grammar, and punny.
    Weaknesses: Perfectionist, always stressed about something.
    Where I Am Now: Serving in the United States Navy.
    Where I'll Be In A Year: Probably somewhere cool doing nerdy things.
    Where I Want To Be: I want to settle down, meet the man of my dreams, and start doing YouTube again. Maybe work in game development on a more professional level, but who knows!

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    @LewisDruid