Leysos
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• do you guys make video games?
    So uh, RPGs eh?
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Leokids
    Leokids
    -Yes. Its Mainly RPG Makers but It has Expanded to Other Genre Makers such as Comipo! And Visual Novel Maker.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I mean it doesn't have to be RPGs. My present game looks more like a top down shooter than a RPG so far, since I haven't added in a progression system/story yet. :LZSwink: We also get plenty of horror games. :LZSexcite:
    My devving experience has gotten unbelievably easier since I decided to use separate maps for cutscenes and playable areas
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I don't like it because if you make a single change in that map, you have to modify the others D:
    Leysos
    Leysos
    I still prefer that over having to fish through events and find out what's causing undesirable behavior. I don't run into your issue much anyway, since I make sure I'm happy with my maps before eventing in them. If I do make changes, they're very minor and easy to do a few times.
    My laptop exploded, pretty much. I always keep my project back up, but the laptop I'm using right now runs into MV's sound lag issue. Welp. Guess I WAS starting to miss VX Ace a little bit. 
    In reality, switches are just variables that can only have two values
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I prefer variables for a story progress of sorts.
    Leysos
    Leysos
    I'm using a variable to track story progress as well; I currently have a common event that will tell the player what their current objective in the story is, and it's a bunch of conditional branches that will spit out a message based on what value the variable is at. So much more convenient than the absolute mess it'd be if I were using switches, if it'd even be possible.
    Bex
    Bex
    Its just True if you are new, so you can understand it easier.

But my Ruby Tutorial says its a Boolean. For example 0 = 1 is false

while 0 = 1 - 1 is true. It indicates if your math is correct or wrong.

But iam learning myself. corrsct me if iam wrong.
    When your own game begins to make you tear up :^(
    Reactions: 2 people
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Try being obsessive compulsive. Looking at your avatar seems to make me think you might be a bit of a perfectionist.
    Leysos
    Leysos
    Perfectionist, but still can't get the person of my dreams. :^(
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    No, stop that! Now you're making me sad!  ;_;

My game makes me full on cry all the time, though. I try to get a script to work, and I'd just get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to figure it out for anything. 
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....
If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsadtg