Leysos
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• do you guys make video games?
    So uh, RPGs eh?
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Leokids
    Leokids
    -Yes. Its Mainly RPG Makers but It has Expanded to Other Genre Makers such as Comipo! And Visual Novel Maker.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I mean it doesn't have to be RPGs. My present game looks more like a top down shooter than a RPG so far, since I haven't added in a progression system/story yet. :LZSwink: We also get plenty of horror games. :LZSexcite:
    My devving experience has gotten unbelievably easier since I decided to use separate maps for cutscenes and playable areas
    Kyuukon
    Kyuukon
    I don't like it because if you make a single change in that map, you have to modify the others D:
    Leysos
    Leysos
    I still prefer that over having to fish through events and find out what's causing undesirable behavior. I don't run into your issue much anyway, since I make sure I'm happy with my maps before eventing in them. If I do make changes, they're very minor and easy to do a few times.
    My laptop exploded, pretty much. I always keep my project back up, but the laptop I'm using right now runs into MV's sound lag issue. Welp. Guess I WAS starting to miss VX Ace a little bit. 
    In reality, switches are just variables that can only have two values
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    I prefer variables for a story progress of sorts.
    Leysos
    Leysos
    I'm using a variable to track story progress as well; I currently have a common event that will tell the player what their current objective in the story is, and it's a bunch of conditional branches that will spit out a message based on what value the variable is at. So much more convenient than the absolute mess it'd be if I were using switches, if it'd even be possible.
    Bex
    Bex
    Its just True if you are new, so you can understand it easier.

But my Ruby Tutorial says its a Boolean. For example 0 = 1 is false

while 0 = 1 - 1 is true. It indicates if your math is correct or wrong.

But iam learning myself. corrsct me if iam wrong.
    When your own game begins to make you tear up :^(
    Reactions: 2 people
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Try being obsessive compulsive. Looking at your avatar seems to make me think you might be a bit of a perfectionist.
    Leysos
    Leysos
    Perfectionist, but still can't get the person of my dreams. :^(
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    No, stop that! Now you're making me sad!  ;_;

My game makes me full on cry all the time, though. I try to get a script to work, and I'd just get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to figure it out for anything. 
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I added reflections and shadows. Though one of the party seems to have no reflection, is floating, with glowing eyes. I'm sure it's fine.
p7O1sjG.png
Well. *That* was an entertaining fustercluck — and that’s not meant nearly as sarcastically as it sounds. I just had to make four different versions of the same conversation:
1: Attained MacGuffin.
2: Have not attained MacGuffin, but know its location.
3: Do not know MacGuffin’s location, but have a good idea where to find it.
4: Do not know where to look for MacGuffin.
Yep, feels good to be back. ^.^
I'm soooooooooo tired TT___TT why can't there be a plugin to let me sleep + work simultaneously ... !!
Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimmyodi841