lianderson's Recent Activity

1. lianderson commented on Philosophus Vagus's profile post.

A hundred lock picks and still nothing? Da fuq??? Yeah, I don't know what their lock picking system, but that's just ridiculous.

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:45 PM
  2. lianderson liked cabfe's post in the thread Bleeding Moons (demo available).

Better than a thousand words... [IMG] Well, I'll still add a few words anyway. Yes, Bleeding Moons is done and will be released this...

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM
  3. lianderson liked Lorsynth's post in the thread RMMV HAIL LORSYNTH / Open World Exploration on an Alien Planet..

[IMG] [SPOILER] Lorsynth[/SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER] [IMG] [IMG] Lorsynth has a lot of features. I'll explain more soon.Check...

Feb 15, 2018 at 7:23 PM
  4. lianderson liked TheoAllen's post in the thread Tips For a Dungeon Crawler?.

Not sure if my experience on developing a dungeon crawler counts, but eh The first thing in dungeon crawler is that the gameplay...

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:23 AM
  5. lianderson liked Titanhex's post in the thread Tips For a Dungeon Crawler?.

Actually @lianderson makes a good point. If you make a dungeon crawler, be sure to keep it minimalistic in terms of design. But that...

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:30 AM
  6. lianderson liked Tai_MT's post in the thread Tips For a Dungeon Crawler?.

I am not a veteran of dungeon crawlers, but maybe my perspective will help. Okay, I hope it does, but no guarantees as it's purely my...

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:42 AM
  7. lianderson replied to the thread Tips For a Dungeon Crawler?.

Long ago, in a land far away, I was making a dungeon crawler. Something a lot like yours. Something that didn't focus on the story line...

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:28 AM
  8. lianderson replied to the thread How do you manage work flow?.

I personally work in cycles of mapping, databasing, and story. I also set weekly or monthly goals. Avoiding video games is a huge plus....

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:52 PM
  9. lianderson liked Tai_MT's post in the thread Large EXP Gaps to Control Level Progression.

@trouble time It's a remnant of the "Skinner Box" game design. That's not to say it's bad in this instance, it just is what is. See,...

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:45 AM
  10. lianderson liked bgillisp's post in the thread Large EXP Gaps to Control Level Progression.

@trouble time : That's not what I'm saying. Too often I see devs on here think that since their boss battle is set up for say level 15,...

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:45 AM
  11. lianderson liked bgillisp's post in the thread Large EXP Gaps to Control Level Progression.

No, but I do feel like that sometimes we spend longer on how can we discourage grinding and forget two things: 1: Some players actually...

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM