light487
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sketching my world map, will probably have 2 dungeons a port town and then an island with a fort/keep and a separate village.
    LoneWolfDon
    LoneWolfDon
    Making maps (and probably a world-map moreso) can take a lot of time and work. Good luck with it.
    light487
    light487
    Well that's why I decided to sketch it out first.. to get an idea of distances and directions etc. I am not wanting to spend too long on this one as this is just my first-game thing.. I don't want it to be junk either.. but I'm not looking at making it perfect for this first timer game.. just enough to get some functionality, understand distances, get some feedback.. that kind of thing.

This is all prep-work for a full game :)
    Preparing mentally for my first GMD day.. there's still a little work to do with the first main cutscene but I am eager to start mapping the world a little more.. maybe break things up a little to avoid a rut..
    Taking a small break today.. can't stop thinking about what I want to do though.. but just not doing any actual work today.
    Started work on my first proper cutscene.. lots to do.. but the mechanisms seem easy enough so far.. just so much to do for 1 or 2 minutes of content.. haha.. going to bed now though.. too tired.
    seita
    seita
    now you know how I feel. If you've played my demo :<
    LoneWolfDon
    LoneWolfDon
    Welcome to game-developing. :D Depending on what part it is, days of work can sometimes only equal to maybe as little of a few seconds or perhaps up to a couple of minutes, of that part being seen/used in game. Patience, determination, and lots of coffee may see you through. ;)
    light487
    light487
    Yes.. so it seems.. it's not "hard" to do.. just so many little things and then you have to constantly test it to make sure it is working as intended, then when something doesn't work as planned or some future thing breaks it, it is yet another cycle of pain! :)
    Got my first map done.. now the hard part of bringing together the first proper event in the game that takes place on the second map and tying in the story that will motivate the player to continue on..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi