Recent content by Lihinel

1. Lihinel

Is the first enemy encounter area in your game a forest?

NO.* *and by that I mean yes.
  2. Lihinel

Use Case For Turning In Place & Diagonal Movement?

I needed to implement turning in place for a harvest moon style mini/subgame. Though I only activated turning in place on those maps that had this minigame on it and left it out on all other maps. It was needed for placing seeds, ploughing fields and laying down stone path ways at certain...
  3. Lihinel

RMMZ Omnilimus - The Legend of Bob - King of all Monsters - Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Slime

Been mostly been busy with other things and mostly focused on refactoring some of the codebase, but I got some new skills (types and effects) done. So here is part 2 of the battle system preview:
  4. Lihinel

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Main Goal is to get a Tech Demo out. Though I likely won't have that much time during the first 3 months of the year. Don't really know how it's going to be after that.
  5. Lihinel

RMMZ Omnilimus - The Legend of Bob - King of all Monsters - Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Slime

@alice_gristle I made a note, shouldn't be too hard to make the camera static with an option. As for Rosnight, I don't have a characterset for it, so chances of it playing a role beside normal recruitable monster are slim. But the graphic itself is from Aekashics, so you can make a game about...
  6. Lihinel

December 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Yeah, pretty spot on. I got enough skills for a preview video done: Also made a gamepage, but no way do I have enough stuff done for a demo. Plus introducing all these things works for a video, but just throwing them at a player might not be the best idea, so I guess I'll stick to making a...
  7. Lihinel

@alice_gristle Not sure if you are refering to the moving camera itself or just the jerky movement due to the recordings low framerate. If its the former, I can just put in an option to disable the idling. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
  8. Lihinel

A Slime, a Rat, a Spider, and a Bat, conquer the world and make the heroes mad. Summary: The demon king is dead. Long live the demon king? You play as Bob, a low level slime, who through some turns and twists of fate sets out on a journey to rescue the daughter of...
  9. Lihinel

How Many Classes & Multiclassing?

I used dual classes for my old main project which is in hiatus. For the current one I don't really use classes, but 1-2 out of 20 elemental types and STABs like in Pkmn.
  10. Lihinel

Game & Map Screenshots 11

@Frostorm : I agree with @Pootscooter Version 1 seems better, both in terms of overall looks as well as gameplay. @Topic Made my first real map since XP times: No parallax, no pictures, no doodads, just tile edits. I really missed having multiple layers and manual layer selection.
  11. Lihinel

Am i allowed to make a pokemon fan game

It's likely that noone will care, unless you hit it big, then Nintendo will shut you down. If you want to save trouble, just copy their game mechanics and use them in a game with your own monsters and assets.
  12. Lihinel

Game & Map Screenshots 11

@Ninjakillzu Much better. @Topic Overhauled my title screen and redrew the header.
  13. Lihinel

@Marquise* Well you are not wrong, right now it is still imported as a plugin, but it is pretty much Standalone code. The windows it interacts with are also subclasses of Sprite and not the MZ window classes. I'll likely move most of my code into some subfolders within the next days, as that...
  14. Lihinel

@Marquise* I am not sure I understand what you mean with that second sentence. If you mean how easy it is to create other/new windows for menus that can use this feature: Its a piece of cake, but the items/entries in the window must be of the same type and the windows it interacts with must be...
  15. Lihinel

How many times have you wanted to quit?

"A Maker Dev never wants to quit, nor does he want to develop. He procratinates precisely when he means to."

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

illuminatigirl.png
Illuminati may be just a cover-up for the actual secret society of Illuminaughty. :kaojoy:
Got distracted... again. So now I'm on project.... 5? 6? I can't even remember off the top of my head how many plugins I have in the works. Though I blame the latest two on a coding youtuber I watch occasionally. He codes in C++ but walks through the process well enough that it inspires me to do similar things for JS plugins. So... blame him for my lack of activity. lol
It's my birthday today! Mom and I went to my favorite Japanese restaurant for lunch and they gave me a Japanese dessert as a birthday surprise. Their salad is SO GOOD. Now we're back home chilling!
Game Theory is great to practice and all... but it is zero substitute for playtesting a game and saying, "Am I having fun?".
Orbiting the cactus
unborn180.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fercha-AT