Recent content by Lone Wolf

1. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

The unfortunate and rather technical answer is "whatever Chromium detects as a controller." Unlike my RGSS3 controller plugin, which expanded Direct X controller support to newer pads, this version is constrained entirely by the underlying NWJS/Chromium container. This version doesn't actually...
  2. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

You'll want to replace pad* in that formula with an actual pad number (read the rest of that section), or leave it blank. You're not the first person to make that mistake, but it's something you'd pick on immediately after learning JavaScript syntax. It's sort of an unintentional proficiency...
  3. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

No to both, actually. It will work with any controller detected by Chromium's implementation of the Gamepad API, but only translates that information to RPG Maker's input spec. There are all sorts of other reasons you can't trigger mouse events directly, but those are ultimately irrelevant. You...
  4. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

WolfPadMVX.js is the file download. Sounds like you've gotten the plugin commands working, at least. Next up, you'll need a tutorial on the "Parallel" event trigger. I'm sure there's also a tutorial out there for using script commands in events. Honestly, they're there, for completeness, but I...
  5. Lone Wolf

RMMZ Phylomortis Remaster

About 40% of why I said what I did was just to educate the audience following along at home like, "Who is this RPG Advocate guy and why does he matter?" (Also, you forgot about Don Miguel's version of RM95, though I don't remember if that one was actually translated first or not.) I don't think...
  6. Lone Wolf

Honestly, I like version C best. Going for maps and visuals that look more like what they actually are is hardly a bad thing. It may seem like a lot fo work, but only because, well, it is. Hence my suggestion of just doing a demo. It'll scratch the immediate itch, and also give you valuable...
  7. Lone Wolf

Wow. There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. You're making me all nostalgic. The internet was a lot more anonymous in those days. I doubt anybody's contact info from back then is still valid. I know mine isn't. (Mostly intentional because I was an edgy tween, but still.) There's also...
  8. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

I am so sorry for the late reply. Apparently these forums no longer auto-follow threads you create yourself. (Or they never did and it really has just been that long since I posted anything...) As for your question, yes, it is entirely possible. You'd have to script it yourself, but it's as...
  9. Lone Wolf

Am I understanding the EULA for MZ correctly?

This thread indirectly answered my burning question of, "Why would Kadokawa sell such a major franchise to this company I've never heard of?" with the short answer of, "Actually they didn't."
  10. Lone Wolf

Maybe half a decade overdue, but a JS port of my input plugin is out for MV and MZ!

Maybe half a decade overdue, but a JS port of my input plugin is out for MV and MZ!
  11. Lone Wolf

[SOLVED] Two (or more) Encounter Tables per map?

It will need to be run on a per-map basis, and every time the player enters that map. A self-erasing autorun event on each map will cause the encounters to be added to the table every time the map data is reloaded. Make it call a common event, even, if you're adding the same encounters to every...
  12. Lone Wolf

[SOLVED] Two (or more) Encounter Tables per map?

You could probably fake it with a parallel-process event, but actually, now that you mention it, if you only need one or two enemy encounters added, you should be able to run a simple script command $dataMap.encounterList.push(encounter). This will take some manual debugging, but should do what...
  13. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender MVZ

Gamepad Extender MVZ (4/11/2021) That's right, I'm alive. There are a lot of reasons I didn't update WolfPad, but the simplest reason is just that MV's controller API support was complete ass. So what's the MVZ stand for? This is a version for MZ, that happens to be based off a private version...
  14. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender (v1.1, 2/20/2015)

You would have to code some kind of conditional yourself, but the sky's the limit, really. Adding some kind of "active player" variable to the core input checks should suffice. (Remember to call WolfPad instead of Input when checking inputs by pad ID.)
  15. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender (v1.1, 2/20/2015)

Amazingly enough, I am in fact still alive and working (privately) on my own projects. It's not otherwise documented, but WolfPad.plugged_in? is actually overloaded to take an ID as a parameter. Using the script option on a conditional branch to check WolfPad.plugged_in?(1) should accomplish...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christopher626