Recent content by Lone Wolf

1. Lone Wolf

Gamepad Extender (v1.1, 2/20/2015)

You mean, you've only been able to use the D-Pad, with this module active, by using joy2key? Or without this module? Because by default, this module uses `:UP`, `DOWN`, `:LEFT`, `:RIGHT` to signify the directional pad specifically, though you'll need to make sure you've adjusted any scripts...
  2. Lone Wolf

Not sure about being unable to use the keyboard at all. You are sending calls to Input and not WolfPad, right? And you're sure you don't have any other gamepads plugged in/connected via Bluetooth/etc. ? As for the other thing, disabling the keyboard if the pad is plugged in was just a matter of...
  3. Lone Wolf

I don't even need to support my own scripts anymore. Nifty. As for links... I posted this back in the early days of this forum, and it breaks every time they redo the layout. I'll get right on fixing the top post. Again.
  4. Lone Wolf

For those who are curious, my gamepad module was modeled as closely as possible to the original RGSS Input module as could be determined from the exposed API. I apologize in advance for this response, but... UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO CHANGE THE INPUT MAPPING HASH. Most of the...
  5. Lone Wolf

GE Game Adapter

@ReapergurlThe standard mappings on an older Logitech pad don't correspond exactly to an XInput spec controller, for one. Secondly, there is no "C" binding when using my controller module, so that's why it won't behave as intended. Thirdly, PadConfig does nothing unless you alter other scripts...
  6. Lone Wolf

The DLL and the INI file generated by x360ce need to be in the same directory as the game's EXE.
  7. Lone Wolf

Hmmm... x360ce should work fine, unless... Did it create xinput1_3.dll in the game directory? You might need to tell it to install xinput9_1_0.dll instead. I let myself get talked into pointing this module's API calls to the generic Windows version because people couldn't be bothered to...
  8. Lone Wolf

Yeah, I didn't write a DirectInput version because there is no way to guarantee the inputs will correspond to the same buttons between controllers. Sometimes Button 1 is X, sometimes it's Square, and the input handler on its own doesn't know anything beyond Button 1 is Button 1. In addition to...
  9. Lone Wolf

What you should know, then, is that the best function for testing is actually WolfPad.readout, which shows you the exact controller state for that frame, if you can make sense of it.
  10. Lone Wolf

I mean, it's undocumented debug code, but I tried to make it easy enough to find if someone went looking.
  11. Lone Wolf

Simplest way is to add the line WolfPad.test to the beginning of Main (before rgss_main) and run your project with the pad you want to test plugged in and the console open. That will tell you how many controllers you have that were detected by XInput.DLL.
  12. Lone Wolf

Are you asking this before or after setting up this script (well, not really a script) in your own project? The short answer is I got the D-Pad to work by entirely replacing the existing input handling. Separating D-Pad input from the analog sticks isn't possible in the default engine.
  13. Lone Wolf

On a whim, I tried out the script you gave me with two controllers running (redundantly) through x360ce (both a version from 2011 and the current build), and alternately turning one or the other off, but was still unable to duplicate inputs in the way you describe. Are you absolutely sure you...
  14. Lone Wolf

@Rikifive I don't use an emulator myself, or I'd be able to help more with that. Someone being clever probably hard-coded something to return Controller 1's input if Controller 2 couldn't be found, without properly considering the consequences. @AceOfAces_Mod You're mixing press? and trigger...
  15. Lone Wolf

@Rikifive It must be something in the XInput emulator DLL, because I'm having trouble duplicating that error. If the emulator seems to be working fine, you might simply have accidentally coded something to check both controllers if one can't be found. @AceOfAces_Mod As I mentioned in my first...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345