Recent content by Lord Kuro

1. Lord Kuro

Capture Enemies

I'm trying to figure out how to use this plug in, but I keep running into some errors. Here's how I have everything set up. Is there anything glaringly obvious that I'm doing wrong?
  2. Lord Kuro

RMVXA Ghost's Story

Ghost's Story Ghost's Story was originally made for IGMC 2017 and was my first attempt at using VX Ace. Unfortunately, there tons of beginner mistakes and scenes I couldn't add at the time for lack of time and skill. I'm hoping I can break out of a bit of a creative slump by reworking it into...
  3. Lord Kuro

IGMC Final Thoughts

I kind of have mixed feelings about how I did this time around. I let a bunch of RL stuff get in the way of making my entry this year, and I almost didn't submit it because of how poorly it turned out. On the other hand, it not only didn't get DQed, but it even made it up to 157th in the...
  4. Lord Kuro

What is the game platform you are spent most of the time playing games? Why?

I mostly play games on pc. I can't justify spending hundreds on something that's just for fun, but I can talk myself into it with a pc because it has so many other uses. I do have older consoles as well, but the time I spend using them is nothing compared to the pc.
  5. Lord Kuro

Your favorite soundtracks to casually listen to.

Two game soundtracks I often go back to are Baten Kaitos and Chrono Trigger. Apart from that, I usually like the SoulOfTheWind piano compilations, Adrian Von Ziegler, the local classical radio channel, and Cat Trumpet piano covers. Anything with pianos or fiddles has to work pretty hard to make...
  6. Lord Kuro

IGMC and November Goals and Progress Thread

It's buggier than a two week old corpse and really didn't turn out like I hoped, but I submitted my entry anyway. It'd have felt like a bigger fail to work on it for nothing than to submit an incomplete demo. At least I think I got all the gamebreakers ironed out...
  7. Lord Kuro

Indie Game Making Contest 2018!

It's looking like mine's not going to be done in time. Just too much rl stuff going on this time around. Do you need to submit a project to be able to rate other contest entries?
  8. Lord Kuro

Indie Game Making Contest 2018!

Aww yiss. I thought there wasn't going to be one this year when nothing was announced in October. I'm glad to have been wrong!
  9. Lord Kuro

Game Inspiration

The inspiration for much of my stuff is r/WritingPrompts, urban legends, and combinations of the two.
  10. Lord Kuro

What makes good dialog?

What makes for good dialog in an RPG Maker game? It seems like one of those things where you know it when you see it, but there isn't much detail on the nuts and bolts of it. What are some examples of what would be considered good dialog?
  11. Lord Kuro

RMMV Will you do anything different for the next IGMC?

I learned a ton about how to do things in RPG Maker (there's nothing like a deadline to speed up learning), and I'll definitely be entering again next year. Apart from just engine stuff, one big lesson I learned was to test everything, test early, and test often. Just because you think you fixed...
  12. Lord Kuro

RMMV Disqualified vs Failed screening vs Did not pass quality standards?

That's exactly the type of feedback I've been looking for. It didn't occur to me that players might look for trash there because that's where the worker went to get more food (it's actually supposed to be a walk in freezer, but I ended up not having time to label non plot related items so it...
  13. Lord Kuro

Thanks for the examples. I didn't realize so many walls were still having issues. They shall be fixed. What do you mean by events that aren't cleaned up? The DQ notice didn't say anything about passibility. The only reason it listed was the judge not being able to find an item.
  14. Lord Kuro

I can only really talk about my experience. The wording used for mine was disqualified, and the reason was because the judge couldn't find an item. I'm not 100% sure if he just didn't look in the right spot, or if he looked there but hit the wrong tile. It was a part of the game where you needed...
  15. Lord Kuro

RMVXA [IGMC 2017] Ghost's Story Update 1.2

Thanks for the feedback! I should hopefully get all the repeating events and passibility bugs I can find squashed in this next update, but they're still there at the moment. Do you happen to remember any particularly bad ones?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr