Recent content by Lord Vectra

1. Lord Vectra

Equipping/Preparing spells

I want a spell system similar to DnD where you can only "equip" or "prepare" X amount of spells. So no matter how many spells one have, they can only prepare/equip X amount. I do want the ability to allow some spells to not count towards the limit.
  2. Lord Vectra

Attacks

Use this script: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/skill-restrictions/ I know how to make it unavailable if actor is dead, but I don't know how to check whether an actor is in the party or not. <restrict eval> $game_actors[x].state?(y) </restrict eval> x = actor ID y...
  3. Lord Vectra

Yup, people these days refuse to see the big picture.

Yup, people these days refuse to see the big picture.
  4. Lord Vectra

[VX Ace] Is there a way to disable starting with 99 of each item from database when starting a Battle Test?

He'll have to keep changing it whenever he goes between play test and battle test. Quite the inconvenience, if you ask me. I rather do what I said so I'd never have to touch it again (and if I do, it'll probably be less frequently). Not saying your idea is bad, but I don't see how it's...
  5. Lord Vectra

[VX Ace] Is there a way to disable starting with 99 of each item from database when starting a Battle Test?

That changes max quantity you can have of any item for the game. He only wants battle test to be affected.
  6. Lord Vectra

You know whats exhausting? Dealing with uncooperative people in an environment that requires...

You know whats exhausting? Dealing with uncooperative people in an environment that requires cooperation.
  7. Lord Vectra

What do you guys listen to when making your games?

Battle Music tho the recent "battle music crave" is the FVII remake version of One-Winged Angel.
  8. Lord Vectra

True. I should probably add that he could copy game_party then paste it where you put the rest of the custom scripts then edit it then. I am not skilled in creating snippets, so I'm a bad person to ask for that which is always why I didn't include it in my solution. However, TheoAllen just did...
  9. Lord Vectra

Couldnt you just pretend? Like, if you want, say 12 HP potions, and you start with 99, just dont use below 87. Then for items you aren't supposed to have, just don't use them? As for your question, since everyone else is holding information (I nvr had an issue with battle test, and I have a...
  10. Lord Vectra

RMXP Deciding on a leveling system

I thought of the potential cap because it addresses the flaws of games like Skyrim where you're encouraged to be Jesus and max every single stat in the game lol I will certainly try that. I won't be doing the last drawback idea though since the player may feel they are wasting some points...
  11. Lord Vectra

RMXP Deciding on a leveling system

So I'm deciding on a leveling system for my game. In this thread, by skills, it means proficiency. It's how well you're skilled with fire magic, earth magic, swords, axes, etc. It ranges from 1 - 100 but at the start of the game, everything is at 15. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to...
  12. Lord Vectra

On death triggers?

You just use the change state command for enemies.
  13. Lord Vectra

Setting states on enemies at beginning of battle

To add to this, make sure it happens on turn 0 (turn 0 is equivalent to beginning of battle)
  14. Lord Vectra

How many projects do you work on at the same time?

I work on two at a time. If I'm burned out on one, I go to the other.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRenato