Lorenze
Birthday:
Nov 30, 1997 (Age: 21)
Home Page:

Share This Page

Lorenze

Veteran, Male, 21, from United States

Veteran

She Dreams Elsewhere is officially coming to Xbox One! https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/08/13/id-xbox-open-house-2019/ Aug 14, 2019

1. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Microsoft's E3 conference was alright. Still not buying the Xbox One, though. Can't wait for Sony's in half an hour! :)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. LionHeart48
        LionHeart48
        Zal's statement sums it up.
        Jun 11, 2013
      3. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        May get a wii u, smaller chance of a PS4, but I am NOT getting an XBone
        Jun 11, 2013
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I want a WiiU, actually, and a PS4. Nintendo owns my childhood, so I shall stand by them for a long time. Sony, on the other hand, is also really awesome, and I like them. Microsoft is just being very stupid recently.
        Jun 11, 2013
    2. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Relearn a semester's worth of math for the final tomorrow in one hour? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
    3. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Hey, why is the new Xbox called the Xbox One? ...Because it's ONE more reason to buy a PS4/Wii U! *ba dum tsst*
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        But the WiiU will have the LoZ remakes, Pikmin 3, and moar!
        Jun 9, 2013
      3. Randommerade
        Randommerade
        Haha, made my night
        Jun 9, 2013
      4. gregbaby
        gregbaby
        bada bing bada boom! Xbox sucks lol
        Jun 9, 2013
    4. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      God dammit. If there was a tutorial on spriting in the Earthbound/Mother 3 style, it would literally confirm God's existence. ;_;
      1. seita
    5. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Is it just me, or does the battlers and facesets in the DS pack clash with the tileset graphics?
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        I don't know, I think they're alright. The battlers definitely work with the normal tiles, but I haven't really tested them against the DS tiles.
        Jun 6, 2013
    6. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Act II of my game's dialogue script has just been finished. I'd love it if a few people could take a gander at it and tell me what they think. ;)
      1. anavn
        anavn
        Could you provide a link ?
        May 27, 2013
      2. Lorenze
        Lorenze
        I'd rather do it via PM, if that's fine.
        May 27, 2013
      3. anavn
        anavn
        no prob
        May 27, 2013
    7. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      So today's Xbox One presentation has pretty much sold me! ...on buying a PS4. Nothing about One looks remotely interesting enough to warrant a purchase.
      2. punram
        punram
        I suppose I meant next gen in a sense more towards the console's technology and capabilities rather than the time of release itself... In which case I find it very difficult to see the Wii U as anything other than a 7-year-late console, despite whatever exclusives it may have.
        May 22, 2013
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Personally, Microsoft hasn't been one of my favorite companies for a while now. They once released a virus that was designed to break any xboxes that were illegally modded. Guess what broke instead? Legit xboxes. Guess who said they'd replace them and then pretty much did nothing. Microsoft.

Microsoft has really gone down in ratings, in my opinion.
        May 22, 2013
      4. Kaiser
        Kaiser
        I hated the new Xbox when I heard the rumors. Now after watching the conference and hearing Angry Joe's Rant. Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot this time. There is no way to defend them for their actions and their next gen console. This is coming from a guy who owned PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 at the same time. PS4 and Wii-U will dominate the market. CoD Ghosts, the new franchises Halo, Gears, and the Kinect games cannot save Microsoft from the power of the new PS4 games, and the...
        May 22, 2013
    8. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Argh, I can't find a SINGLE jumping script that's compatible with XAS. Out of the only ones I've tried (Victor's and Galv's), none of them work. Unless anybody has found any other scripts, I guess I'll have to cut jumping out of the game. :/
      2. seita
        seita
        If you find it can you link it? I'd like to examine it, especially if it has collision detection with walls. If it doesn't, that would be the biggest problem.
        May 16, 2013
      3. Winterfate
        Winterfate
        May 16, 2013
      4. Winterfate
        Winterfate
        May 16, 2013
    9. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Hey, any word on when the Remastered XP pack is going to be updated?
      1. seita
        seita
        I'd love to know as well.
        May 14, 2013
    10. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Completely random question: how much time and money would it take to (legally) convert an RM game to Android/Ouya/iOS/PS3?
      2. Mizuotaku
        Mizuotaku
        You are better off with Game Maker for that but that is really pricey >.> like with all you would need to buy and build for your game like around a few thousand dollars. Or Make a Kickstarter for building software to make that possible but that still will take a while to make.
        May 11, 2013
      3. Confederacy
        Confederacy
        Game Maker with the Android/iOS (and Windows 8 Phone) licenses only cost $500. Anyways, Avvy, if you're really serious about porting a game to mobile phones (for starters), I'd recommend purchasing Game Maker Professional which is $100 and allows you to test your game on mobile devices without having to actually pay for the licenses first.
        May 11, 2013
      4. Lorenze
        Lorenze
        Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info guys. I've used Game Maker before, but I've mainly been working in RM. I'll take a look at it again, though. Thanks!
        May 11, 2013
    11. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Dialogue script for my game is currently at 65 pages. Hopefully it'll be fully finished by the end of this month before final exams.
    12. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      dayum trees. dayum them to hell. I keep trying to sprite one but it's just not working out. I COULD draw one, but I don't have a art tablet, and I suck at using a mouse for drawing. I really wish I could work on the gameplay now. *sigh*
      1. punram
        punram
        You can. Just use a placeholder graphic for the time being.
        May 8, 2013
      2. Lorenze
        Lorenze
        I just facepalmed so hard just now. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks!
        May 8, 2013
      3. punram
        punram
        Don't mention it, brainfarts happen to the best of us!
        May 8, 2013
    13. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Hey, weird question. Does anyone know for sure if Squaresoft/Square Enix still holds the patent for the ATB (active time battle) style of gameplay?
      2. Necromus
        Necromus
        Liking it or not has nothing to do with the patent tho :p

You can check Wikipedia for those things, there is an article about the ATB system, including details about the patent there.
        May 7, 2013
      3. Reynard Frost
        Reynard Frost
        We already answered the patent question, we then added that we dislike it so he doesn't feel discouraged that he can't use it. CONTEXT BRAH.
        May 7, 2013
      4. Jarrad
        Jarrad
        Don't use ATB, like Reynard and Liak said, it sucks. It ruined a couple FF games for me, like 10-2.
        May 7, 2013
    14. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Hey guys. Amazingly pissed I didn't get to post ANYTHING for RSW. Not only was my internet out the entire weekend, I had to perform all day Saturday for a theater showing, AND the backlight on my laptop screen is messed up, so I can't see anything. Ugh, this really sucks.
      2. Clareain_Christopher
        Clareain_Christopher
        You could try asking one of the admins. Maybe they could let this slide.
        May 7, 2013
      3. Lorenze
        Lorenze
        Nah, it's cool. My game wouldn't have been (and it still isn't) near completion unless I had worked on it Saturday morning/night and Sunday morning. Oh well. I'm still gonna release the full game next month, though!
        May 7, 2013
      4. seita
        seita
        whats nice about RSW is that it should really be called RAW (release anything weekend) An unfinished game would be more than welcome. You should ask anyway
        May 7, 2013
    15. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      What do you guys think of a game that switches between a 2D (or possibly top down) action RPG and top-down turn based RPG gameplay?
      1. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        If blends well and enjoyable to play, then sure, go for it.
        Apr 26, 2013
      2. West Mains
        West Mains
        Depends on the execution. It sounds clunky, but in practice it may be interesting.
        Apr 26, 2013
    16. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Quick question: which type of gameplay would you enjoy more? A Zelda style ABS, or a solo RPG? Both styles would have puzzles in the vain of Zelda, though.
      2. Liak
        Liak
        Well ... if at all: RPG. I've never played a Zelda RPG (is there any good one made, actually?), but I'm pretty sure you can do a lot of interesting things with that basis.
        Apr 26, 2013
      3. Liak
        Liak
        First of all: Make the stats be the triforce parts! :D
        Apr 26, 2013
      4. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        There is a few good fan-made zelda RPGs made with rpg maker, I like the zelda abs style a bit more though, not saying I dislike solo RPGs.
        Apr 26, 2013
    17. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Just used Windows 8 for a bit on a friend's computer. Good GOD, how could they even release that!? The new Metro UI is absolute crap.
      2. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        It's all about how you like it yourself. Personally, I like having the tiles for my start menu icons because it is a lot easier to organize. It DOES take a while to get used to, but once you use it for a bit you probably won't notice much of a difference. The only core difference that most people see is the start menu. You CAN change that. The rest of windows is pretty much the same, and maybe even better. But again, it all depends on you.
        Apr 23, 2013
      3. Sailerius
        Sailerius
        I use Windows 8 for my desktop and love Metro. It's so much faster and more efficient than Windows 7.
        Apr 23, 2013
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Depends on the person~

It also would depend on what you need it to do, I guess.
        Apr 23, 2013
    18. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Got an interview for a game development summer job tomorrow. Wish me luck guys! :D
      1. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        Hope it goes well for you. Good luck with it! :)
        Apr 22, 2013
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Best of luck, Avvy!
        Apr 22, 2013
    19. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      Thinking of changing a scene in my game, due to it being eerily similar to the recent Boston bombings. :/
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        :x Yea, that's a good idea..
        Apr 21, 2013
      2. seita
        seita
        I don't think it's necessary, I know it's an event that's very fresh in our minds. As long as you make sure you state that it has nothing to do with recent events, I think you'll be fine.
        Apr 21, 2013
    20. Lorenze
      Lorenze
      EarthBound confirmed for Virtual Console release in the U.S. I actually just shed a legit tear. :')
      1. SLEEP
        SLEEP
        NO CRYING UNTIL THE END
        Apr 18, 2013
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 30, 1997 (Age: 21)
    Home Page:
    https://studiozevere.com/
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    Film, game dev, writing, theatre, rap, music, getting mad at games I can't git gud at
    Howdy.

I make games and movies. Cool, huh? Let's be friends.

Interact

Signature

Steam wishlisting now open!
    Twitter | Facebook | Website | Instagram | YouTube | Free Demo