Lorenze
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey guys, I need your opinion on this. What do you think of a side-view (or even front-view) RPG fighting game? It would be kind of like arena battles in RPG (i.e. Paper Mario 2) except faster paced, tag team battles, loads of fighting options, etc. What do you think?
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    It would also use some modified form of ATB, and would have at LEAST ten playable characters.
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    Uh, are you going to script this or pay someone hundreds of dollars to take time and develop this? Honestly, if you could script this, you might as well develop an entirely new platform since VXA is incredibly weak in simulating contact behavior,
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    It wouldn't be like a full-fledged fighting game. Battles are just the same as how VX Ace or Final Fantasy does it, except on a slightly smaller scale.
    FINAL FANTASY VERSUS IS NOW FFXV. KH3 WAS SHOWN. THEY ARE REAL. THEY ARE FOR PS4. THERE IS A GOD AND HE HAS HEARD OUR PRAYERS. SOMEBODY HOLD ME. waggggh
    Microsoft's E3 conference was alright. Still not buying the Xbox One, though. Can't wait for Sony's in half an hour! :)
    LionHeart48
    LionHeart48
    Zal's statement sums it up.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    May get a wii u, smaller chance of a PS4, but I am NOT getting an XBone
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I want a WiiU, actually, and a PS4. Nintendo owns my childhood, so I shall stand by them for a long time. Sony, on the other hand, is also really awesome, and I like them. Microsoft is just being very stupid recently.
    Relearn a semester's worth of math for the final tomorrow in one hour? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
    Is it just me, or does the battlers and facesets in the DS pack clash with the tileset graphics?
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I don't know, I think they're alright. The battlers definitely work with the normal tiles, but I haven't really tested them against the DS tiles.
    Act II of my game's dialogue script has just been finished. I'd love it if a few people could take a gander at it and tell me what they think. ;)
    anavn
    anavn
    Could you provide a link ?
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    I'd rather do it via PM, if that's fine.
    anavn
    anavn
    no prob
    So today's Xbox One presentation has pretty much sold me! ...on buying a PS4. Nothing about One looks remotely interesting enough to warrant a purchase.
    punram
    I suppose I meant next gen in a sense more towards the console's technology and capabilities rather than the time of release itself... In which case I find it very difficult to see the Wii U as anything other than a 7-year-late console, despite whatever exclusives it may have.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Personally, Microsoft hasn't been one of my favorite companies for a while now. They once released a virus that was designed to break any xboxes that were illegally modded. Guess what broke instead? Legit xboxes. Guess who said they'd replace them and then pretty much did nothing. Microsoft.

Microsoft has really gone down in ratings, in my opinion.
    Kaiser
    Kaiser
    I hated the new Xbox when I heard the rumors. Now after watching the conference and hearing Angry Joe's Rant. Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot this time. There is no way to defend them for their actions and their next gen console. This is coming from a guy who owned PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 at the same time. PS4 and Wii-U will dominate the market. CoD Ghosts, the new franchises Halo, Gears, and the Kinect games cannot save Microsoft from the power of the new PS4 games, and the...
    Argh, I can't find a SINGLE jumping script that's compatible with XAS. Out of the only ones I've tried (Victor's and Galv's), none of them work. Unless anybody has found any other scripts, I guess I'll have to cut jumping out of the game. :/
    Hey, any word on when the Remastered XP pack is going to be updated?
    seita
    seita
    I'd love to know as well.
    Completely random question: how much time and money would it take to (legally) convert an RM game to Android/Ouya/iOS/PS3?
    Mizuotaku
    Mizuotaku
    You are better off with Game Maker for that but that is really pricey >.> like with all you would need to buy and build for your game like around a few thousand dollars. Or Make a Kickstarter for building software to make that possible but that still will take a while to make.
    Confederacy
    Confederacy
    Game Maker with the Android/iOS (and Windows 8 Phone) licenses only cost $500. Anyways, Avvy, if you're really serious about porting a game to mobile phones (for starters), I'd recommend purchasing Game Maker Professional which is $100 and allows you to test your game on mobile devices without having to actually pay for the licenses first.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Huh, interesting. Thanks for the info guys. I've used Game Maker before, but I've mainly been working in RM. I'll take a look at it again, though. Thanks!
    Dialogue script for my game is currently at 65 pages. Hopefully it'll be fully finished by the end of this month before final exams.
    dayum trees. dayum them to hell. I keep trying to sprite one but it's just not working out. I COULD draw one, but I don't have a art tablet, and I suck at using a mouse for drawing. I really wish I could work on the gameplay now. *sigh*
    punram
    You can. Just use a placeholder graphic for the time being.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    I just facepalmed so hard just now. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks!
    punram
    Don't mention it, brainfarts happen to the best of us!
    Hey, weird question. Does anyone know for sure if Squaresoft/Square Enix still holds the patent for the ATB (active time battle) style of gameplay?
    Necromus
    Necromus
    Liking it or not has nothing to do with the patent tho :p

You can check Wikipedia for those things, there is an article about the ATB system, including details about the patent there.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    We already answered the patent question, we then added that we dislike it so he doesn't feel discouraged that he can't use it. CONTEXT BRAH.
    Jarrad
    Jarrad
    Don't use ATB, like Reynard and Liak said, it sucks. It ruined a couple FF games for me, like 10-2.
    Hey guys. Amazingly pissed I didn't get to post ANYTHING for RSW. Not only was my internet out the entire weekend, I had to perform all day Saturday for a theater showing, AND the backlight on my laptop screen is messed up, so I can't see anything. Ugh, this really sucks.
    Clareain_Christopher
    Clareain_Christopher
    You could try asking one of the admins. Maybe they could let this slide.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Nah, it's cool. My game wouldn't have been (and it still isn't) near completion unless I had worked on it Saturday morning/night and Sunday morning. Oh well. I'm still gonna release the full game next month, though!
    seita
    seita
    whats nice about RSW is that it should really be called RAW (release anything weekend) An unfinished game would be more than welcome. You should ask anyway
    What do you guys think of a game that switches between a 2D (or possibly top down) action RPG and top-down turn based RPG gameplay?
    LoneWolfDon
    LoneWolfDon
    If blends well and enjoyable to play, then sure, go for it.
    West Mains
    West Mains
    Depends on the execution. It sounds clunky, but in practice it may be interesting.
    Quick question: which type of gameplay would you enjoy more? A Zelda style ABS, or a solo RPG? Both styles would have puzzles in the vain of Zelda, though.
    Liak
    Liak
    Well ... if at all: RPG. I've never played a Zelda RPG (is there any good one made, actually?), but I'm pretty sure you can do a lot of interesting things with that basis.
    Liak
    Liak
    First of all: Make the stats be the triforce parts! :D
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    There is a few good fan-made zelda RPGs made with rpg maker, I like the zelda abs style a bit more though, not saying I dislike solo RPGs.
    Just used Windows 8 for a bit on a friend's computer. Good GOD, how could they even release that!? The new Metro UI is absolute crap.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    It's all about how you like it yourself. Personally, I like having the tiles for my start menu icons because it is a lot easier to organize. It DOES take a while to get used to, but once you use it for a bit you probably won't notice much of a difference. The only core difference that most people see is the start menu. You CAN change that. The rest of windows is pretty much the same, and maybe even better. But again, it all depends on you.
    Sailerius
    Sailerius
    I use Windows 8 for my desktop and love Metro. It's so much faster and more efficient than Windows 7.
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Depends on the person~

It also would depend on what you need it to do, I guess.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Got your game? Cause its time to duel!"

I'm so into YuGiOh these days...
(And of course the hand is awful)
Been working on this new character for the battle system It's BOSS time!
Happy Year of the Rat all! Wish everyone can achieve their dream this year
Please support my Lego Ideas Untitled Goose Game set, thanks in advance :) https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2bcb743a-1071-4f44-89f4-97ad6ec27b5d
Here we are....REMIND is out and what am I doing?
Still Playing Kingdom Hearts 3.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonesaw577