Lorenze
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Based on the No Autoshadow script that comes with the DS pack, I'm guessing that the tiles look a lot better without shadows?
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    it's not just that shadows are bad, I find that it's really just that autoshadows give very little customization. They're 8x8 squares, no matter what you do. You can't round them, you can't shrink them, they're just stuck as little squares that you have very little ability to change. If they gave you more options with them, then they'd bet better.
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    You could always make your own shadows with events and stuff

Plus, the default shadows are anti-aliased so they don't match up with the pixel style of the DS pack.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Could you imagine how much lag you'd introduce to your game by using events to make shadows?
    So...one of my online friends is getting married. To another one of her online friends. Whom she met a few months ago. At 16. What.
    Quigon
    Quigon
    Hey, I proposed to my wife who I met online after six months. Come at me bro.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    It's not really the time between when they met and the 'proposal', but the fact that she keeps saying that she knows what love really is. Knowing her personality and whatnot, I honestly don't think she does.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I think i'm more bothered by the age than the amount of time they've known each other. A few months can be long enough for some people.
    Constantly making references, breaking the fourth wall, and hanging lampshades on EVERYTHING (without a hint of subtlety) is just lazy writing to me. Just had to come out and say it.
    Haven't heard back from the person I commissioned in nearly a week, and now it's holding up my game and its reveal. Sigh...
    Diego2112
    Diego2112
    dayum mate, that sucks... Wish I could offer some advice, other'n maybe email 'em? You've probably already done that though...
    Andar
    Andar
    sometimes real life bites you in the back and you have no choice but ti shelve everything else, happened to me as well. The only solution would be to work on something else - add more sidequests or start another side project to pass time...
    You know what I just realized? I hate mapping snowy/ice areas. Really, I just friggin' hate them... >_<
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I don't like mapping in general, and avoid it if I can.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    I don't mind snowy areas, what I hate is towns, especially big, castle towns, ugh. Use the sample maps for that XD
    Choco-Elliot Wyvern
    Choco-Elliot Wyvern
    I love them XD My main game mostly exists in a snowy region, but I agree castle towns are a pain X_X
    Me: "Alright, I'm gonna get stuff done today!" Final Fantasy X: "LOL NOPE."
    Kaiser
    Kaiser
    Same except with tales of graces
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    Same except with my job.
    Jef299
    Jef299
    I had the ultimate rage quit with ff X.. I couldn't beat sin and I never touched that game again.
    Y'know, it'd be awesome if you could use the rectangle and fill buttons when mapping out regions. This is getting really tedious...
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Espon
    Espon
    Make a small block of regions, right-click to select them, then use that to paint things faster.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    wow, I never knew that... still takes a bit of time to draw a small region, but at least you won't put them tile by tile... XD
    Y'know, I really wish video games (especially ones on XBL Indie Games) would stop using sex to sell their games. It's really pathetic in my eyes.
    Sailerius
    Sailerius
    They'll probably stop it as soon as people stop buying into it.
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    what are you doing in XBL Indie Games?

Get out of there.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    There's always a decent game there once in awhile. But I'm also taking about other games (RM ones included).
    Good: I have a PS2 with a brand new Metal Gear Solid! Bad: I don't have my PS1 memory card with me. :(
    Jef299
    Jef299
    I am going to get the legacy collection has them all even peace walker.
    Welp, I just realized how much autotiles are a pain in the ass. All graphic artists here have increased respect from me. Thanks guys ;3
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Sounds like our trials and tribulations with rmds resource pack x_x
    Archeia
    Archeia
    A lot of times it's just better to redraw them.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Standard autotiles don't bother me much (I admit I've never done any complex ones, but I've done some simple stuff). The water ones are tougher to wrap your head around though.
    So I've been writing a new script for my game...and it's terrible. The dialogue itself is kind of uninteresting and unfunny. I have no idea what to do to make it any better besides starting over again. Sigh...
    Diego2112
    Diego2112
    I find it helps to write the characters backstory and flesh them out a bit, that way they're not acting, they're REACTING.

At least that's how my drama teacher told me it goes.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    I've done that already, though. There's pages for each character about their personality, likes, etc. as well as full story outline. Maybe I should just improv the dialogue?
    Jef299
    Jef299
    I find it helps to think of jokes all day until you think of one so funny it keeps you up all night laughing until your throat hurts.
    Results of the Steam Summer Sale: The Basement Collection, To the Moon, Garry's Mod, Portal 2, Audiosurf, Breath of Death VII/Cthulhu Saves the World, DLC Quest, Tomb Raider Underworld, Tomb Raider Anniversary, McPixel, and Terraria. My wallet may finally rest...
    Jef299
    Jef299
    Terraria best game you bought.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Ah are you on a laptop then? If so, be wary of terrarias online play it can be pretty laggy.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Yup, laptop. Thanks for the heads up. Suprisingly, Tomb Raider Anniversary is the fastest and best running game I bought.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inazumaelevenspain