Lorenze
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've bought 12 games from the Steam Sale so far. Oh god, my wallet is crying right now...
    EvilEagles
    EvilEagles
    That **** right there, my friend, happens to me every single time Steam offers sale off.
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    It will only save your money if you are actually already planning to buy those items on their regular price... otherwise it's just a guise to make you buy things that you wouldn't normally buy...
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Here's a litmus test of sorts for you, how many of them had you: a. heard of, b. seen gameplay of and c. wanted to buy at regular price. If you haven't got all three for each game, you probably shouldn't have bought them :p
    I don't care what anybody says, I REALLY wanna make a Dungeons & Dragons RPG (i.e. FF1). By that I mean character classes, open-world, non-linear gameplay, quests, and little to no main story with lots of rewarding gameplay. ...Is that weird?
    Archeia
    Archeia
    no it's not weird. the question is if you have the patience, time and willpower to do so.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    I've already got some general ideas, but I wouldn't even start putting down official plans for it until my current game is finished. I definitely wanna make it at some point, though.
    Luminous Warrior
    Luminous Warrior
    Sounds cool. Do it man, it'll be awesome!
    Hey guys, I need your opinion on this. What do you think of a character (who's one of the three main playable characters) who never speaks, and the reason why is only fully explained via a sidequest?
    West Mains
    West Mains
    If the reason is enough to make the player's emotional connection to the character stronger, then it is justified. Be very careful about how it is executed. However, it is a wonderful idea that should definitely be used! It encourages repeat playthroughs for peple that miss it.
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    I had this idea once.

My main character couldn't speak because the final boss casted a mute spell on him. lol

Hey, go ahead and do it. It's an interesting take, whether it's serious or not.
    Well, as of today I can finally say I have thrown my 3DS across the room in frustration. Damn you, Mega Man.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    Both that stage (on Difficult) and Snake Man himself in MM3. Ugh...
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    Snake Man isn't even that bad.

Well, the stage at least.
    Lorenze
    Lorenze
    The stage is fine. The actual boss is hell, though.
    After lots of patience, dying, tears, and more dying...I have FINALLY beaten Mega Man 2. Feels good, man.
    Hey, much do you think it would cost to comission a remake of two sprites from the VX RTP in the DS style?
    Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    It would depend on who you ask and how complex it would be. Though I doubt it'll cost that much.
    My house was broken into today. My Xbox 360, PS2, two Wiis, multiple games, and my stepdad's gun were stolen. The scariest part was that if I stayed home today, I might not have even been alive. I'm glad I am though.
    Mon Dez
    Mon Dez
    People these days I swear are terrible, but I'm glad that you are okay. I experienced something like that before though the person failed in breaking in since my neighbor heard the noise.
    Onii Chan
    Onii Chan
    Though I don't know you I'm glad you're alive.
    TengHu
    TengHu
    Wow, that's insane, bro. Happy that you're OK.
    God dammit. Why do most RM games on Greenlight look so rushed and lacked effort? It's not helping the name of other RM devs.
    Marian Hurricane
    Marian Hurricane
    The thing that bugs me about that most is that it gives the false impression to most people that it's all RPG Maker is capable of... :/
    Sailerius
    Sailerius
    Most Unity games are also rushed and lack effort. Same with Flash, and any other game development tool.
    seita
    seita
    I don't necessarily mind. Gives the good games a chance to shine when/if they are put out to the public.
    Guess who's getting their temporary driver's license tomorrow? This guy! :D
    Diego2112
    Diego2112
    Oh snap! STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS, PEOPLE!!! ;)
    NPC
    NPC
    Heck, stay outta the country.
    Even though I'm still not buying an Xbox One (Kinect 2.0, TV, $500 still turns me off among other things), I applaud MS for changing their policies and listening to their consumers. It really show that the community can have an impact, y'know?
    Weird question...do fighting games need multiplayer/co-op support to be good? And would a turn-based fighting game RPG be viable to do rather than a slightly more straightforward RPG?
    Jawnsunn
    Jawnsunn
    I've never heard of a turn based fighting game, but if you're trying to say something along the lines of Valkyrie Profile or Project X Zone, then probably.

But you'll have to deal with the player having to alot of tedious commands and button presses.
    sanspants
    sanspants
    White Wolf made a Street Fighter tabletop RPG - it might be worth looking at for ideas and such.
    I'd HIGHLY suggest all RM'ers (and indie devs in general) take a look at this vid, and the channel in general. It's very informative if you're serious about game dev.

NPC
    NPC
    Lol, I posted one of these videos a while back on here. They're very informative.
    seita
    seita
    hehe. Glad I did my game correctly then, based on this little video.
    Dark Horseman
    Dark Horseman
    JRPGs vs WRPGs is a good one. As is True Female Characters and More than Exposition.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x