I think I was trying to use it for Roguelike combat - where you "bump" into a monster to fight it. Since the script didn't count a blocked move as a "move" it made problems.
I ended up creating my own setup to do this, but it could help others who want to do Roguelike style movement with...
The intermittent stuttering appears to be fixed for me. It was always intermittent so hopefully it doesn't come back, but initial trials of roaming a 255x255 map seem to point toward promising results.
After further testing my issue with micro-stuttering didn't really go away. It just happens less now.
That's an improvement anyway.
Perhaps it is related to the 64x64 tile size I use. Maybe that plugin is missing something. Maybe it's a sync issue. I can't get it to happen on command...
Create an event with a parallel trigger..
Create 2 variables. Call one player x and the other player y
Assign a variable - player x.
On your event page do a "control variables".
single (assign to player x)
game data: map x of player
With a fresh project using only your plugin and a 256x256 map I have a 5+ second load time with only some mountains sprinkled around for collision.
When the collision gets more complex (more mountains, trees, water, etc.) the load time seems to increase.
What is the recommended map size to...
I have a parallel event with plugin command EventRadiusCheck Cat 5
I have a second event called Cat that is set to randomly run around.
I get "Type error undefined is not a function"
It points to this line:
After some more trial I had to quit using the plugin. On maps of 256x256 I'm getting performance issues even without any regions set up.
The script seems to run whether the plugin command is specified anywhere on an event or not.
Here are some comments from my initial test on an existing project.
The script appears to add a small delay to the start of the game - probably while the engine generates the "darkness tile". Sometimes this delay transcends into further jerkiness after you get into...
Installing Yanfly's core engine seems to have helped mine for some reason. It seems to happen more rarely.
Other suggestions from the editor lag thread I tried included installing DX9 and editing a json file, neither of which seemed to do anything. I restored the json file to default...
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.