LunarFlareStudios
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Whoa. After PTSD treatment, I'm ready to get back to making RPGs... and a new RPG Maker was released! I hope MZ goes on sale soon...
    Reactions: mlogan
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Congrats on the successful treatment! I hope you continue to do well with the tools you've earned from it. Getting back into things you enjoy after mental illness takes them away is pretty wonderful. I'm really glad for you!
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks! PTSD alone is tough enough, but I'm so glad to be over it.
    UPDATE! I just found the RTP downloads. According to three friendly users here, I DO still own VXA, and can use its resources!
    Reactions: LVGames
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Shaz Yes, is that okay? I planned to use it for Magi in Ponyland.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, you can, though the tile size will be different - 32x32 for Ace, 48x48 for MV. You could resize them, but to get a good quality you'd pretty much have to redraw them all, or you could use my Change Tile Size plugin that will allow you to use the resources as-is.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks, but I have my own technique for resizing. I will check out your plugin though!
    Reactions: Shaz
    I wish I could get on my old computer and grab the VXA RTP. I wonder if I can maybe use the same activation code to get it on a virtual machine. Then again, I need to actually buy W10 to install on it.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    What do you need from the VXA RTP? I own Rpg Maker Vx Ace so I can send it to you if you want. :)
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Already have it, thanks though! I wanted some of the tile sets and some of the audio, and no doubt it will work great in my game.
    Since I no longer own VXA, and I can't use that software on a Mac, there goes my chance to use their assets and music. I need a Windows computer to use VXA, and the only Windows computer I have has broken.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    windows emulator on Mac?
    I know they exist for linux
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Why do you "no longer" own VXA? AFAIK, once you own it, you always own it. You cannot sell or give it to someone else.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks for the clarification guys... except I have no way to acquire the RTP from my old PC.
    Got MV on Steam during the Lunar New Year Sale! Happy Year of the Rat everyone!
    Reactions: Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    Yeseylon
    Yeah, I was messing with the free trial and suddenly it went on sale. Must be destiny.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Maybe! I have a MacBook now so I can't use the free trial... but I'm so glad it went on sale!
    Well... I missed the sale. But I'm trying to get it still.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    If it makes you feel better today I realized a DLC had a file I needed...one day after the sale ended on Steam. Bought it anyways, but still...
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Well guess what? I might get VXA for my birthday!
    Does anyone know how long the VX Ace trial lasts? I just want to make sure it works on my laptop. I'm running Windows 10 btw.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    30 days. However, if you don't mind abiding by other limitations before getting the full version, there's VX Ace Lite which doesn't expire.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Note that Lite restricts you to 10 events a map, and you can't edit scripts. I think you are restricted to 10 maps too.
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    @bgillisp Well, if it's just for testing to see how it runs on personal hardware. I don't think either matter.
    Mom just told me I can get VX Ace during the Steam sale because I have an A in my class with two weeks left. I worked hard for this!
    OMG... Mom says there's a chance of me getting both VX Ace and another software I want for my birthday if I do well in my college course!
    Oh... dare I say it? I might make a game in VX Ace while I have it. And not just the trial. You have to actually buy it to get the license.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Oddly enough I bought VX Ave before I got MV. But Ever since I got the latter, the former remained untouched...
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    True, but the OST is so much better in Ace. I plan to use both of them depending on how complicated I want a game to be. In fact, my first horror game might end up being in VX Ace.
    I miss the sounds for VX Ace, especially the battle music. Too bad you have to own VXA to use its assets. Maybe I'll get a job and buy it...
    Reactions: SolonWise
    Johnboy
    Johnboy
    Watch for humble bundle sales on RPGmaker stuff. I picked up VXace, plus a ton of DLC for less than $10.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thank you all for your advice! And I'm likely getting VX Ace for my birthday in July, according to my mom (I live with her right now)
    SolonWise
    SolonWise
    I'd buy the MV in the last sale. Maybe in the next one I will buy ACE, but I'm from Brazil, and maybe here, it wont not be as cheap as I wish.
    Feeling peppy as always!
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I really like that word. Peppy. Sounds cute. Sorry, no idea why I felt the need to tell you that. lol.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @The Stranger It's okay! I like the word "peppy" for that very reason. Being cute is my specialty! After all, it brings smiles.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Cute things are my biggest weakness. Love it so, so muchlies! Sounds like we'll get on like a house on fire. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

me: “I’m gonna take a break from game making.”
*five hours later*
me: yeah okay fine I needed to redo that map. Sure.
The OFFICIAL RPG Maker Discord Server is Here | RPG Maker News #116

And the time has come for me to enjoy a good cup of hot cocoa before I sleep... Strangely, that actually helps.
If I ever need to stay up late working on projects, I always get tired. Do you guys think I should try G-Fuel to keep me up and focused at night? And if so, what flavor is best?
I do tend to be quite a night owl.
"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it... EVER was."
Ugh. This update is taking so long that I'm starting to run out of topics for the weekly blogs that I was making to make up for the fact that it was taking so long to begin with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raffa2k