LunarFlareStudios
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
    I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    It's cool that those exist now, they help you with the interview process too (that was always the most difficult barrier to employment for me, only overcome through meticulous self-discipline, a crazy deep dive into psychology to understand what normal people expected for me to reciprocate mixed with a healthy buzz of cannabis pre-interview to steady the nerves)?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Would have been a really helpful service for me a decade or so ago probably, I'm glad there are option available for people with aspergers nowadays to help them cope with the differences in the way their minds and normal societies are wired other than just forcing themselves to pantomime impulses they don't posses but which the lack of is generally viewed as intentionally rude at best by greater society.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Philosophus Vagus I know, Asperger's syndrome is so different from just the typical Autism. They might have some things in common, but I know that I don't fit in with people with just Autism. I'm on the high-functioning end of the spectrum, so I fit in with other high-functioning people in terms of support systems.
    Mom got me RMMZ today... but though that was the pinnacle of today, there's other reasons it's the best day ever so far. We went to Chili's and got a Molten Chocolate Cake, and then Mom took me to our favorite craft shop. I even made her a card and sent her an audio clip of an 80's Chuck E Cheese birthday show!
    That moment when you die in Cuphead and you were literally about to defeat the boss...
    "FRIIIIIIIIICK!"
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Sounds about right...
    Alador
    Alador
    That moment in Cuphead when you fall into a a pit with one hit point right before the boss in a run and gun:
    (Drops Switch Controller (yes I play on Switch))
    I give up!
    You'll notice I mentioned someone named Major Minty in my last update. Minty is actually my sona in the AU. She's a Magi with angelic powers, including the ability to shape-shift. I recently tried drawing her a security guard form called Security Minty, which is one way she goes undercover as an ordinary girl. I'll have more on my DeviantArt sometime soon.
    Soooo... I'm designing an animated music video to advertise Fandom Scouts. Glamrock Chica and Reformed Springtrap singing one of my favorite songs, "Painted Faces Remix" by Rezyon and Trickywi.
    The first game centers around the FNAF cast. The second focuses on the Undertale cast. And the third focuses on Major Minty, an Angelic Magi.
    Mom says she'll let me buy MZ on Friday! That means Fandom Scouts and Angel of Justice might end up being made on MZ!
    Last night I found one of my old MV projects. It's a horror game called Night Shift, where a graveyard shift employee at a convenience store runs into a creepy man, and then has to escape bloodthirsty demonic creatures after waking up in the sewers. Get caught and you're welcomed with a jumpscare.
    Should I finish it?
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Of you feel like it and enjoy the process then definetly. If not then definetly not xD
    Reactions: Quexp
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I say GO FOR IT if you're in the mood! BOO! :o

In case you haven't already planned this, you might consider adding a trigger warning in the project description and/or at game start (for those who have certain health conditions).
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Finnuval I will do it then! I want to transfer it to MZ when I get it so I'll delay the progress until I actually get MV.
    @Quexp Good suggestion. I personally have a history of PTSD (although I'm now in remission) so I get what you're saying.
    @Starbird_Resources Thanks for the like! I'm a huge fan of your resources!
    I might actually buy RMMZ while it's on sale... I've been told it's worth the money by one of my DeviantArt fans. Also, it'll make the creation of a FNAF World-esque game like Fandom Scouts easier to define from its basis. Fandom Scouts has more of a stable storyline, and even features fan games. And not just FNAF either!
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    What I like about MZ is the return of layered tilesets. I also like the new battle screen layout, which shows the faces of the allies in the status window and even shows what turn you're on. From what I've seen, there's plenty of features I want in Fandom Scouts that I couldn't figure out how to get in MV. I'm not experienced with JS, lol.
    Quexp
    Quexp
    YAY for your mom feeling on the mend!
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Quexp Thanks! She loves my fanbase as much as I do, btw. She supports my desire to be a game developer!
    I know I usually put my second post later in the afternoon, but this is really worrying me. My mom has a cold, and I honestly hope it's not COVID. I'm wearing my mask around her just in case. But I'm really concerned about her. Her birthday is next Sunday, and I want her to be well for it.
    Remember yesterday, I mentioned a dream I had about Dark Deception? Well, I'm making my dream into a prequel to Fandom Scouts and its animated series, FNAF Force. The game is called Mangle's Quest.
    I made the switch from GIMP to Photoshop. GIMP is running really slow on Big Sur, while Photoshop runs just fine, so it was a necessary switch. Besides, Photoshop is more fun.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I have to agree. Ps is good for manipulation but Krita is definetly better for drawing. I actually use both in combination with eachother xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I used to keep PS installed, but at one point I used Linux exclusively for about 5 months... And I never bothered to install it when I went by back to Windows 10. Not a lot of call for complex photo manipulation in game design, or investing which is pretty much all I do these days.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Well, I only have so much space on my MacBook to install programs, and I want to save space for RMMZ. Besides, like I said, I get Photoshop through my college, so I already had it. I'm in the digital animation program btw.
    Awesomeness comes in every form, peeps! I had a dream about a Dark Deception spinoff last night. Collecting soul shards while avoiding the monsters, just like in the original... but Malak was acting a little off. Nothing like his character in the game. A little... crazy. That phenomenon is normally caused by the Curse of Insanity in my AU. Awesome dream!
    Yay! MV works on OS X Big Sur! And in the meantime I'm working on a screenplay based on my favorite horror game--BATIM, of course. If you've seen my YouTube, you know I fangirl every time I see Bendy.
    As part of a YouTube premiere countdown I'm designing, I'm creating my own version of "Popcorn". I'd be surprised to find anyone who doesn't know that song. So many artists and remixers have made their version and now I'm making my own on GarageBand. Also, for those who were worried, the storm has passed and everything is ok.
    I'm working on sewing right now because there's a thunderstorm right now and the power already flickered once. Last time the power went out and my laptop was plugged in, I ended up ruining the battery. My MacBook is so delicate! I'm actually going to unplug it again since the wind is going crazy.
    I'm hoping to book my first trip to Great Wolf Lodge when this virus thing clears up. I've never had the chance to go! Which GWL is the best to go to? I'm looking mainly for reliable management as well as fun. Oh, and MagiQuest.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    I haven't gone to GWL itself but I have gone to kalahari's which is also in the Poconos and everyone told me it was better than GWL (has all the same features and then some) they have an indoor and outdoor water park, liqour, and an arcade that features VR games, an escape room and mini golf course as well as the usual arcade games. I had a great time personally.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Great suggestion, but I'm not exactly interested in arcade VR (although VR is cool, I'd play Help Wanted if I had my own headset) or mini golf. Also, I don't drink alcohol because of my mental condition. The escape room sounds cool, but I get that at Andretti's in Orlando (my dad lives in Orlando so we went all the time before COVID). Thanks though!
    I took a Greyhound home today from Fort Myers. Now I'm back in Gardens with Mom, working on my film props again.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    LOL! Yes, Greyhound buses still exist. The Amtrak doesn't go through Fort Myers, so I took a bus. It's just as fun though!
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I remember the days when Greyhound and Trailways were the most cost effective way to travel around the country although not necessarily comfortable and often WAY too long......
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    I admit, the first seat I tried had a broken seatbelt. But I was able to find another seat in time--before the rest of the crowd came.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I once thought about a boss gauntled game. I actually did it.
Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Feel free to drop by!
Snippet from a game I'm working on. Not much happening here. Mostly look at atmosphere. May upload a longer version. Still need to make up some enemy arts.
Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
No internet for 2 weeks. Thank goodness for phones. :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emythystvial