LunarFlareStudios
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Halloween costume complete! I'll have my mom take a picture so I can post it on DeviantArt, and then I'll put a link here. I made the entire costume by hand, except for the shorts I'll be wearing--hey, this is Florida, it's still hot so I can handle it!
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    That sounds really cool! Haven't done any costumes of my own in forever, even though I know how to sew.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    It's Florida so you need to learn to make shorts LOL.
    I actually rarely wear shorts as usually when I'm outside I want some level of protection from whatever as I'm either doing yardwork or wandering through the swamps (Myakka area)
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @zzmmorgan I'm very picky about my shorts, so that might help me a bit.
    @KakonComp Wait until you see what I've done!
    So I'm planning to go to Orlando next week. I'm going to bring my Chica costume so I can wear it for Halloween... better finish the final touches!
    I hope I can get to Orlando this Halloween. My dad lives there--he works at the USTA. And he takes me to the arcades sometimes! Not this Halloween though. He has to be careful and not get sick because of his heart condition.
    At least I'll get to go trunk or treating at my college though!
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Dororo Interesting, where are you from?
    Dororo
    Dororo
    Italy. We have Carnival and other local holydays where we dress up in costumes. In such Halloween days, we celebrate gone people instead, but in a more catholic way.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Wow, I love learning about other cultures! I'm Christian too, but not Catholic. And for my family, Halloween is a celebration of facing your fears--a little tradition I started.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Same, and it sounds like an interesting project. I like the setting and the potential for all kinds of sub settings created from what the humans create. Also, Amaris has always been one of my favorite names; only ever saw it in the wild once, but ever since then I liked it.
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    I'm interested because of angel and demon stuff.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Great to see you all are interested! This will probably be my best work yet, considering all the cool places I'm designing and the unique characters. Juzu especially, since she represents loyalty and faith (she stands by Amaris' side despite being tempted by the Realms of Sin). I'll post it here on the forum once it's well under way and I have something to show for it.
    Still nothing. Thankfully I might be able to make a living designing T-shirts for my Mom's upcoming Teespring business. Already designed a few!
    October is officially here. I'm hoping to get a call from Spirit Halloween soon. It didn't happen today, but I've got to keep my head high.
    I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.
    Reactions: KakonComp
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    Sounds great. I hope you get the call too.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Me too. I had fun on my first day. Just stocking shelves was surprisingly enjoyable, and now they might train me at the register. Maybe soon I'll have a Reddit story of my own, lol. (I love r/talesfromretail and r/entitledparents)
    I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
    I got a job at Spirit Halloween! That means I will be earning my own money... I bet you can guess how I'll spend some of it! That's right. RPG Maker MZ!
    First payday is next Monday.
    I'm designing my Halloween costume early because of an advertisement I want to make for my game. Once I get MZ I'll start the game design, but for now I'm just making the sprites and a cool advert.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    It sounds cool, and you remind me how close Halloween is. Time's just flying by.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @KakonComp It's called Fandom Scouts. Characters from my favorite fandoms unite to battle the forces of Dark Deception. Since it's a fan game (of sorts), it's going to be a free game.
    Nothing like eating sliders and drinking lemonade on a cloudy Labor Day. And Oreos for dessert! Kinda disappointed that MZ didn't go on sale but there's always Halloween!
    Whoa. After PTSD treatment, I'm ready to get back to making RPGs... and a new RPG Maker was released! I hope MZ goes on sale soon...
    Reactions: mlogan
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Congrats on the successful treatment! I hope you continue to do well with the tools you've earned from it. Getting back into things you enjoy after mental illness takes them away is pretty wonderful. I'm really glad for you!
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks! PTSD alone is tough enough, but I'm so glad to be over it.
    UPDATE! I just found the RTP downloads. According to three friendly users here, I DO still own VXA, and can use its resources!
    Reactions: LVGames
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    @Shaz Yes, is that okay? I planned to use it for Magi in Ponyland.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, you can, though the tile size will be different - 32x32 for Ace, 48x48 for MV. You could resize them, but to get a good quality you'd pretty much have to redraw them all, or you could use my Change Tile Size plugin that will allow you to use the resources as-is.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks, but I have my own technique for resizing. I will check out your plugin though!
    Reactions: Shaz
    I wish I could get on my old computer and grab the VXA RTP. I wonder if I can maybe use the same activation code to get it on a virtual machine. Then again, I need to actually buy W10 to install on it.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    What do you need from the VXA RTP? I own Rpg Maker Vx Ace so I can send it to you if you want. :)
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Already have it, thanks though! I wanted some of the tile sets and some of the audio, and no doubt it will work great in my game.
    Since I no longer own VXA, and I can't use that software on a Mac, there goes my chance to use their assets and music. I need a Windows computer to use VXA, and the only Windows computer I have has broken.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    windows emulator on Mac?
    I know they exist for linux
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Why do you "no longer" own VXA? AFAIK, once you own it, you always own it. You cannot sell or give it to someone else.
    LunarFlareStudios
    LunarFlareStudios
    Thanks for the clarification guys... except I have no way to acquire the RTP from my old PC.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png
16 Hr Video Course on MZ? Huge DLC Pack from MZ's RTP Artist | RPG Maker News #110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI