Last Activity:
Jan 17, 2019
Birthday:
May 13, 2000 (Age: 19)

Share This Page

Luxray Gaming

That one guy, Male, 19, from A place in the universe

Veteran

Woo. Gonna be getting back to not procrastinating and working on Chrondania hopefully tomorrow. YAY...... Mar 18, 2017

Luxray Gaming was last seen:
Jan 17, 2019
    1. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      Woo. Gonna be getting back to not procrastinating and working on Chrondania hopefully tomorrow. YAY......
      1. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        "tomorrow" that word is the first cause of procrastination xD!
        Mar 18, 2017
        Marsigne likes this.
    2. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming

Hi guys. I wasn't sure exactly where to post these other than here but here's the first maps I ever made entirely myself on RPG Maker MV. I'm just looking for some feedback on them

Cylakl Village

44623.IPB

Cylakl Forest (Dungeon 1st Floor)

44624.IPB

Cylakl Forest (Dungeon 2nd Floor)

44625.IPB

Cylakl Forest (Dungeon 3rd Floor)

44626.IPB

Cylakl Forest (Dungeon 4th Floor)

44627.IPB

Cylakl Forest (Dungeon 5th Floor)

44628.IPB

I'll probably work on the details a little more in the future but for now, I need to focus a little more on the events and cutscenes of the 1st area (Cylakl Village)

Any feedback to make them a bit better? and sorry if I'm not getting the spoiler tags to work correctly. I'm new to the HTML part of posts.

1. View previous comments...
      2. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        Oh. Thanks didn't know that was a thing.
        Aug 6, 2016
      3. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Very good for a first effort!  You make good use of color and texture, and avoid a lot of mistakes that novice mappers often make.

As far as things to improve:

[*]The forest looks too "organized" to be a natural area.  Everything is placed too uniformly, too consistently.  Place a lot of shrubs, flowers, etc. near each other, and also have areas where they are very sparse.

[*]The Treetop Autotiles that you are using don't look good when they are only one tile thick.  Consider making your patterns a little less complex so that you can afford to make the treetops thicker.

[*]The entire dungeon lacks interesting landmarks or eye-catching features.  It will be relatively easy to get lost in your dungeon as a result.  A really large, watery central area on the second floor of the dungeon, for instance, would serve as a nice reference point.

As you get more experienced in creating maps, you'll start to work with things like multiple levels of depth, and mixing tiles from different sets to create really dynamic-looking places.
        Aug 6, 2016
      4. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        Okay thanks!
        Aug 6, 2016
    3. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      Looking for some feedback on some of the state icons I made using Yanfly's Icon Generator.

Blind                         Death                    Paralyzed                 Confused                     Poison

44325.IPB44327.IPB44328.IPB44326.IPB44329.IPB

Rage                        Silence                      Sleep

44330.IPB44331.IPB44332.IPB
      1. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        The outer ring is not really matching the color scheme of the inside picture (looks like it clashing imo).

Blind looks the best (nothing to complain about there for me), then Death and poison (although the skull doesn't look that great).

Then rage,

Then Confused,

Then silence (the icon doesn't match anything and looks awful at matching the other ones) and then sleep.

Finally, Paralysed has way too much going on imo and looks awful.

I suggest playing with the colors of the border to try and match the color scheme of the inner icons themselves and reworking silence, sleep and paralyzed ones completely.
        Aug 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        Thanks. I'm thinking of changing the rage ring to orange, ther paralyze looked MUCH better in my head but didn't turn out so well, I should probably do a brighter yellow for the confuzzled and I might entirely remove the ring for silence and increase the size of the icons, poison I might change out with some bubble from the animation and change the outer ring of that to be a bit darker and I might remove the background ring with sleep as well. I'll post them again after the edits. Thanks for replying and not being a dick about it.
        Aug 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        44350.IPB44356.IPB44354.IPB44351.IPB44353.IPB44352.IPB44355.IPB

They're all in the same order above except for blind since I didn't change that at all.
        Aug 1, 2016
    4. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      Anyone know of any contests outside of the forums (nothing against the in forum contests I'm just curious) that RPG Maker games can be entered into? I just want to keep an eye out for the future. 
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        IIAW's sequel ETA is Late August.
        Jul 25, 2016
        2 people like this.
    5. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      I wonder how many people would be interested if I were to start doing resource showcases for RPG Maker. Hmm. Gonna have to try it out for a bit on the channel and see.
    6. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      IMPOSSIBLE CHALLENGE!!!!!!!LOOK BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't read this message.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Skunk
        Skunk
        eff you :(
        Jul 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Luxray Gaming
        Jul 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    7. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      WARNING: What you're about to read is VERY disturbing in MANY WAYS!!!!!

This is text.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        *gasp* How could you!?
        Jul 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        Tacos. That's how.
        Jul 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      If only there was an America's got talent thing for gamers that may not have talents like singing, dancing, etc.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        OH. Sorry. didn't know where you were going with that. I thought you were going the internet troll or internet hater route.
        Jul 21, 2016
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Sarcasm. <3

There are plenty of contests, or do you mean an actual tv show? Could be interesting though hopefully they'd cut out the parts where people are just sitting around in their underwear eating Cheetos at 3am.
        Jul 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Luxray Gaming
        Luxray Gaming
        Something like that. I just feel like that gamers aren't really given enough attention when they really should be. Even if it was just a show showing off the coolest things that gamers have made, I'd be happy.
        Jul 21, 2016
    9. Luxray Gaming
      Luxray Gaming
      Ya'know? Maybe JUST maybe I should probably start getting feedback on maps so I can slowly get better at making them.
      1. 1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 13, 2000 (Age: 19)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going to actually stop procrastinating and actually do some work on my YT channel and with my first project on MV (I'll need help on that btw).

Making Games and playing games.

Signature

Why not check out Chrondania? (It's slowly being developed...) http://gamejolt.com/games/chrondania/238127