LyraVultur
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ego_names.png

Got randomised names for the enemies working, takes their enemy type into account too! Hence the silly test robot name :p Also got randomising the sprite working as well, so the Constables can have different appearances. That's a lot of random, but it does make the game world feel a bit more alive!
    Nereid
    Nereid
    How?
    Lupinion
    Lupinion
    I like that approach of randomizing mobs through the game by using small pieces of data and sprites as the modules to mix and match. As long as the drone doesn't get a Constable face, all is working as intended. Good job on that, and good choice too, as it minimizes the amount of sprites to fill up the game with visual variety
    It's a little simplistic, but it does support entering custom pronouns.
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    This looks good. I assume it's achieved by making an actor for each pronoun?
    LyraVultur
    LyraVultur
    I modified an old MV plugin that made the "name entry" screen send the result to a game variable. Then I've using VisuStella Message Core to add some intelligent macros to help enter the right thing in dialog :) but a completely pluginless way would be doable using multiple actors, yes.
    A needle move that transfers most negative states from the user to an enemy, and does more damage the more states got transferred. Bonus hammer attack at the end
    Sir_Vinny
    Sir_Vinny
    That's so dope! What do you use as in plugins for those animations?
    LyraVultur
    LyraVultur
    They're part of VisuStella MZ Battle Core and are called "Action Sequences". You make them up in common events and there's lots of helpful presets like Trails, Jumping, Play Animation etc. so it's not too hard to set up impressive looking attacks!
    Sir_Vinny
    Sir_Vinny
    Ah I see, thank you fine person!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again
I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vangerio