Recent content by Magenta-Fantasies

1. Magenta-Fantasies

What makes a JRPG "streamable"?

I agree with both the above posts. I tend to prefer Let's Plays/Streams of non-linear games, or at least games that have multiple variables, choices and outcomes.
  2. Magenta-Fantasies

I know that feeling, and I'm learning when to embrace it myself. :LZSsmile: I agree that this...

I know that feeling, and I'm learning when to embrace it myself. :LZSsmile: I agree that this interface looks better than the previous ones.
  3. Magenta-Fantasies

Direct or Indirect Player Choices in a Branching Storyline?

I can see how hidden mechanics that are never explained to the player (or even hinted at) could be aggravating, especially if they are tied to story progression. Still, it's certainly possible to have indirect choices that are clearly explained to the players and for players to see what path...
  4. Magenta-Fantasies

Fire is also reddish/often associated with the color red, and bulls supposedly get angry at the...

Fire is also reddish/often associated with the color red, and bulls supposedly get angry at the sight of red, so that makes sense to me.
  5. Magenta-Fantasies

How to move text box and text within it?

I have the same problem, but mine looks even worse. I had to make my text box huge to make it centered on the screen, but that also creates an awkwardly large amount of space on the right side. EDIT: Oh, this is for RMVXA. :LZSoops: I'm having the same issue in MZ.
  6. Magenta-Fantasies

Game & Map Screenshots 12

Thanks for this piece of information! It's one of many features I didn't see it anywhere in the documentation/guide. I also discovered I can do this with Ctrl + T. I created this room to experiment with diagonal movement and diagona stairs tilesets, but I doubt I'll use this room for anything...
  7. Magenta-Fantasies

How to create a "good first impression" of your RPG Maker game and have a "good flow" throughout your game?

I agree with the above posters that general "polish" is very important for a good first impression, including well-edited dialogue. The graphics, music and other aesthetic elements attract the viewer. However, they are not the most important elements in a demo. The gameplay is. Players play...
  8. Magenta-Fantasies

I like limited random encounters, since they don't interfere with traveling from one area to the...

I like limited random encounters, since they don't interfere with traveling from one area to the next. Pokemon did this well, with how you can only have random encounters in certain types of terrain. It looks like you're doing something similar.
  9. Magenta-Fantasies

Which method would YOU use to open the door? Comment and I’ll later post the outcome of the most...

Which method would YOU use to open the door? Comment and I’ll later post the outcome of the most popular choice! This video proves why Tumblr is superior to Instagram. Does anyone have suggestions on how to post good quality gameplay videos to Instagram?
  10. Magenta-Fantasies

That's an intriguing idea, although that wouldn't work with my game. When players make the big choice that marks the end of Act 1 and the beginning of Act 2, they are indirectly choosing which of the two main factions with opposing values they are joining based on their own values. They don't...
  11. Magenta-Fantasies

Friendship-Romance System (FRS)

I experimented with the plugin parameters and how I set up the variables and Actor IDs. It seems to be working now! :LZSjoy: This is an awesome plugin.
  12. Magenta-Fantasies

I am creating a game with two branching storylines that branch into three smaller storylines each. Currently, I am debating how players will progress from one storyline to another. At a certain point in the game, roughly a quarter of the way through, the storyline splits. Direct choice: Players...
  13. Magenta-Fantasies

How exactly copyright works with "free games"?

It is illegal, but the odds of you being prosecuted in any way are virtually zero, unless the game becomes massively popular. People use copyrighted franchises, characters and music all the time on Instagram and YouTube, and it's extremely rare for anything to come of it. The only time I've seen...
  14. Magenta-Fantasies

Bards: Are they really that useful?

I find it funny that you mention Olivia from Fire Emblem Awakening, as I’ve found her to be almost completely useless. I can’t use her in most of the situations I want to, because she would end up in the range of enemy attacks and she has the durability of tissue paper. Offhand, the only...
  15. Magenta-Fantasies

Congratulations! I signed up for the notification when it launches. I'm going to launch a...

Congratulations! I signed up for the notification when it launches. I'm going to launch a Kickstarter campaign for my own project in the future. I've done considerable research, and it will either launch late this year (September or October at the latest) or more likely in 2023.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not sure why I'm a jack of all trades , master of none... Sigh. Album out 06/03/2022 on all ur favorite platforms. 10 tracks.
Hmm... Mushrooms, maybe they're not poisonous...
unknown.png
Hi, I'm a new and upcoming Indie Developer, and I could really use some help when it comes to system programming. Explorers can only go so far before needing a map, you know?
I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg
Hey, what does it mean in settings, privacy, where it says allow users to: view your identities??????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitepard