Jul 22, 2016

Followers 1

Birthday:
Dec 22, 1985 (Age: 32)

Share This Page

Mako Star

Ex-Crisis Avenger, Male, 32, from South Carolina

Veteran

Didn't realize MV was out until today. Downloading the Trial as we speak. Pretty excited right about now!!! Dec 12, 2015

Mako Star was last seen:
Jul 22, 2016
    1. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Ya go back and change up one little map... Ya end up reworking half your stuff. FML c:
      1. 1 person likes this.
    2. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      "Please wait x seconds before attempting another search" is my least favorite string of words.
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        Tell me about it.
        Jul 16, 2016
      3. Marquise*
        Jul 16, 2016
    3. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      I guess I come from a different RM time. Back then nobody cared if you ripped SNES graphics for your little homebrew rpg maker game.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Huh, that's funny.  I thought there was some sort of licensing problem that made it so that Enterbrain could never give permission for the PS1 graphics to be used in the PC engines even if you owned both.  Maybe I just assumed it was because they were different companies, but I thought Archeia had said something to that effect.  Oh well. *shrugs*
        Jul 16, 2016
      4. Mako Star
        Mako Star
        Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think both companies would still have their own CEO, and therefore different rules and regulations, so that kind of discrepancy could still happen?
        Jul 16, 2016
      5. Sharm
        Sharm
        Yeah, you're probably right.  Kind of like how Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore were technically made by the same company but there was no crossover with the people involved at all.

There are a few things going on with the rip hate.  First of all, this website is an official website.  If Degica were ever seen to be supporting rips, even passively, they could be sued.  So Degica takes a very hard stance on rips, and that often translates over to attitudes held by the community.  Another issue is that a great many of the big names in this community are content creators themselves, trying (and not always succeeding) to make a living doing artwork for RM.  Rips are competition.  Lastly, if you look at it from a different perspective rips are insulting to content creators, both the ones here and the ones who did the original art that was ripped.
        Jul 16, 2016
        2 people like this.
    4. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Testing out a Game I released back in 2011. If it all goes smoothly, I'll be uploading it somewhere for people to check out.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awww...  You want to make some commercial ones some day?
        Jul 15, 2016
    5. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Hey, Kids! Just a reminder to make sure you have the window color you like right from the beginning, otherwise, you'll end up changing font colors for the rest of your life! :D
      1. 5 people like this.
      2. Euphony
        Euphony
        Same with fonts! Pick a font and stick with it or else, whoops, now all my item and skill descriptions don't fit in the window! Time to cry!
        Jul 14, 2016
        3 people like this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Awwww...  I dig what you mean!  My it is hard to find a satisfying well fitting interface look!
        Jul 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    6. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Mapping, mapping, mapping. One day I'll get to a stopping point and try some of this out.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        :D   So cool I had a feeling by your profile you were into RPG cartography/architecture!
        Jul 13, 2016
    7. Mako Star
      Mako Star
       Faculty is great. Jon Stewart as an Alien. Yes.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Mako Star
        Mako Star
        Classics? Geeze, way to make me feel old hahaha. I remember when that movie came out Dx

It was on SyFy yesterday. I turned the TV on with every intention of cleaning my house. I sat on the recliner for two hours instead haha
        Jul 14, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Mako Star
        Mako Star
        Oh and I have a folder of ff7 artwork from that same artist. Most of the scenes from the game are in it. Pretty great artwork.
        Jul 14, 2016
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Not to worry, I like mute German expressionism!  LOL  And Winsor McCay!  So I would have to be about a centennial being if it was fresh from my early days.  ;)
        Jul 14, 2016
    8. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      That moment when you find one of your old projects in a random corner of the internet.
    9. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Tileset passage editing is the WORST!
      1. Blindga
        Blindga
        It wouldn't be so bad if it it didn't sap so much time! You can easily lose half an hour just doing one tileset if it it's particularly bad. I had seen Shaz made a Vx Ace passage script; I wonder if it would help save time.
        Jul 11, 2016
    10. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      I enjoy browsing the forum on the tablet as part of my morning routine however, I wish the status updates were displayed on the top page.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        I want that too.
        Jul 11, 2016
    11. Nemo
      Nemo
      And it can disable MP gauge at battle screen too.

Check it out.

42467.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    12. Nemo
      Nemo
      Check out

and Disako's comment. Use Disako's code to js. form and put it js plugin folder.

Make sure to go to game and Able to plugin and "set your actor mp to 0." This is IMPORTANT.

Now you can disable MP gauge.

42466.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    13. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      I forgot how many people I like are in Firefly. Castle from Castle, John Casey from Chuck, Thompkins from Gotham. Seems like a lot of these actors were put into their later roles because of this show. Except for the Baldwin. He obviously has work because he's a Baldwin. lol
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I just started watching Firefly recently, largely because of Alan Tudyk.
        Jul 10, 2016
      3. Mako Star
        Mako Star
        Haha, WASH! Tudyk is in tons of stuff now. He's like one of those actors who it's more of a face then a name. But he is in everything lol. Have you seen the prequel movie, Serenity, also?? If not id go find it before you finish the series.
        Jul 11, 2016
    14. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Does anyone know a way to disable MP or at least have it not show? I'm using MV.
      1. RoooodWorks
        RoooodWorks
        your best to ask in the maker support, but i know there is a plugin that does it, I just cant remember what one.
        Jul 9, 2016
      2. LTN Games
        LTN Games
        Jul 9, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Please ask in the appropriate forum.
        Jul 9, 2016
    15. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      I've wasted too much time on the Forum this morning. Time to get back to work!!!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        I cheer your work!

I'm goint to sleep now because it's 1:22 am this area.
        Jul 9, 2016
    16. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Since I decide to make something with MV, I'm going to try and be a little more active here. Maybe someone would actually play what I had when I have it if at least a couple people knew me by name lol I hope that's not too vain.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        Your Red Hat profile image is so impressive. Maybe people know you by profile image.
        Jul 8, 2016
      3. Mako Star
        Mako Star
        It better be. I kicked the shit out of a Red Mage to get this hat. I think that deserves attention, well enough, on its own.
        Jul 8, 2016
    17. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Finally working on putting my written ideas into RPG Maker for the first time in a long time. Expect to see a new project thread soon!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        I'm waiting.
        Jul 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    18. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Jumping back into RPG Maker to try out MV a little bit. So far, I'm having lots of fun. Been playing alot of Sakaguchi games recently, so I'm pumped to be able to mess around with a new maker!!!!!
    19. Mako Star
      Mako Star
      Didn't realize MV was out until today. Downloading the Trial as we speak. Pretty excited right about now!!!
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 22, 1985 (Age: 32)
    First Language:
    English
    Roleplaying, Technology, Science