MarxMayhem
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
    I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
    Reactions: lianderson
    VegaKotes
    VegaKotes
    Replace Luck with Effort!
    Kidding....but yeah Luck is usually one of the first standard stats I nuke in favor of something else. I get the point of it but even in games with noticeable uses for it I never focus on it so why develop a game with Luck in mind?
    lianderson
    lianderson
    This one uses luck for critical chance, thread magic formulas, bomb formulas, status chance infliction, and status chance protection. But get rid of it if it doesn't work! Get rid of everything! Good day humans.
    I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
    Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not all of it, and isn't even considering skills that only 1 class would realistically have. lol
    I wanna make a class similar to Vampire classes of other RPGs, but I can't think of another name for them. Why is "Vampire" so perfect lol [/rhetorical]
    Reactions: Kirri
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The only defining trait of a vampire is that it's a malicious supernatural entity. Even the blood drinking to exist isn't true throughout all cultures. In many European cultures it's a corpse reanimated by a dark spirit or demon, but not all of them rise to drink blood. In Japan there's a vampiric tree. lol. You know it from the bones of its victims littered about the place.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Many folkloric vampires didn't even have fangs or any real powers. They were scary simply because they were the dead come back to life in unnatural ways. Many were thought to spread disease and plague, though. So really, there's very little that makes a vampire a vampire. Well, unless you're trying to make a Hollywood type vampire.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    @Johnny_Ray That's part of my point. "Pirate", "Wizard", "Soldier", there's a certain feel those words mean, what those classes "do", even if they are treated differently from each other in different games. And vampire is more internal like "Elf" or "Zombie" instead of external like "Cleric" or "Smith". Nothing against using it, just explaining my confusion.
    With Action sequences, I can make the animation played when striking a target with a weapon to appear on the user instead, allowing me to use animations for weapons instead of working with the default function.

I just need to find out how to apply something similar for enemies...
    ShiraCheshire
    ShiraCheshire
    I gotta figure out action sequences. They’re so complex, and seem to assume you already know basic coding. I can’t wrap my head around it. But so powerful…
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    Action sequences are far simpler to use than straight-up JavaScript. It's basically like text-based adventure games, for a lack of better analogy.
    Finally

Implemented a system that properly target's a defense stat when its damage type is changed
    It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
    One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    There are existing plugins for it, if you want. Irina or Olivia or some such on Itch.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    I haven't done my window shopping yet, but I'll take a look soon. I know Olivia recreated the Octopath system- I have it for my game. :D
    It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    When I played Aion, I was cleric in large group going over to the Asmodae. I was killed incredibly fast...the whole main city there emptied itself out and made a b-line straight for me x_x.

Some RPGs I've played in the past have checks that made the enemies attack party members with the lowest HP or DEF.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    @RivalRamen_Games
    Always promote tactics to your players. If they see enemies use tactics against them, that should encourage them to play smarter too.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    @Arctica
    Fortunately, MV does have the TGR parameter, and you can balance targeting preferences with that, like making squishies start with higher TGR, but tanks can increase their own TGR to draw likelihood of attacks to them. This is not even considering plugin support that properly recreates aggro mechanics for the player.
    Prediction on participants' lineup for the Boss Battle contest:

Protagonist: Harold
    Holy Champion: Therese
    Witch: Marsha
    Alchemist: Lucius

We can never escape from the MV heroes. Never!
    To make up for the fact that I am unable to use row formations, I've made adjustments for player characters based on their order in the party, a la old-school FF1.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    I'm inclined to believe the "another plugin interfering" for now. Do you have OTB above or below Row Formations?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Above. They're also both relatively low in the plugin order on my list.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    Yeah, I dunno what I'm getting wrong then. Oh well, my solution now gives me options.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minedude209