MarxMayhem
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
    One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    There are existing plugins for it, if you want. Irina or Olivia or some such on Itch.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    I haven't done my window shopping yet, but I'll take a look soon. I know Olivia recreated the Octopath system- I have it for my game. :D
    It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
    Arctica
    Arctica
    When I played Aion, I was cleric in large group going over to the Asmodae. I was killed incredibly fast...the whole main city there emptied itself out and made a b-line straight for me x_x.

Some RPGs I've played in the past have checks that made the enemies attack party members with the lowest HP or DEF.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    @RivalRamen_Games
    Always promote tactics to your players. If they see enemies use tactics against them, that should encourage them to play smarter too.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    @Arctica
    Fortunately, MV does have the TGR parameter, and you can balance targeting preferences with that, like making squishies start with higher TGR, but tanks can increase their own TGR to draw likelihood of attacks to them. This is not even considering plugin support that properly recreates aggro mechanics for the player.
    Prediction on participants' lineup for the Boss Battle contest:

Protagonist: Harold
    Holy Champion: Therese
    Witch: Marsha
    Alchemist: Lucius

We can never escape from the MV heroes. Never!
    To make up for the fact that I am unable to use row formations, I've made adjustments for player characters based on their order in the party, a la old-school FF1.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    I'm inclined to believe the "another plugin interfering" for now. Do you have OTB above or below Row Formations?
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    Above. They're also both relatively low in the plugin order on my list.
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    Yeah, I dunno what I'm getting wrong then. Oh well, my solution now gives me options.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead
I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dankim633