Recent content by MarxMayhem

1. MarxMayhem

K.O. Moves & Bosses

I like the idea of OHKO moves. One of the fun things for players to do is make clutch plays with apparently subpar skills. In the context of regular JRPGs, I just make it so such skills deal some damage, but have a chance that that damage either one-shots the target, or deal extra damage based...
  2. MarxMayhem

Samurai & Fencer (edit: poll)

Fear not. It's called Swordmaster/Blademaster, not Swordsmaster/Bladesmaster. As for people interpreting Duelist wrong, I wouldn't worry about it. "Duelist" means that the person is experienced in 1-on-1 fighting, and that implies mastery over 1-handed weapons. If your game has a class named...
  3. MarxMayhem

It would not, though I think OP has weapon restrictions based on class, so that's an unlikely scenario here.
  4. MarxMayhem

Blademaster/Swordmaster will suffice. Fencer also can work, as that is the accurate term for swordsmen that practices the way of the sword as a sport. Alternatively, if your world has a name for its practice with a sword, give that a user-equivalent.
  5. MarxMayhem

RMMV RMMV Equip Passive Skill

This may interest you. If not, YEP also has Passive Skills (though it's called "Passive States" in that library).
  6. MarxMayhem

How Would You Handle "Finesse" & "Versatile" Weapons?

Finesse in D&D 5e means you choose either DEX or STR for attack and damage rolls. Implementing this in RPG Maker, you can run a check in the damage formula to see if the attacker's AGI is higher than ATK, then use the higher stat for damage formulas. Versatile on weapons means that it can be...
  7. MarxMayhem

Question Regarding Passives & Targeting

A critical hit means that an attack is more effective than usual. Against a stationary target who cannot do anything against an incoming attack, every attack on it should be critical until it can do something about incoming attacks. Answering your question: Frozen targets are gonna take those...
  8. MarxMayhem

So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save...

So before I inevitably start a new project to reorganize myself (I will make sure to save important info dw), I will make an external list of what I want in the final database.
  9. MarxMayhem

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
  10. MarxMayhem

Time Magic?

I think you already have a solid list. If you plan on giving players many party members, this will more than suffice.
  11. MarxMayhem

Time Magic?

The Undo abilities found in Bravely Second can be flavored as Time Magic as well. If you are using YEP, Yanfly has a Tips and Tricks video that show how you can replicate that effect. Other things you can flavor as Time Magic are the parameters accuracy and evasion, freezing time to either...
  12. MarxMayhem

I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke...

I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
  13. MarxMayhem

Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not...

Databasing. Just with what I consider "bare minimum", I have listed over 200 skills. That's not all of it, and isn't even considering skills that only 1 class would realistically have. lol
  14. MarxMayhem

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao

I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
  15. MarxMayhem

Zodiac & Elements?

You can use virtually anything you want. If your setting has lore that can support it, use it, or make a new one up if not yet. You don't have to imply that characters strictly only worship 2 deities. It could be that the society only permits enrollment in 2 schools maximum, or a person is only...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetchi