Recent content by mashpotato

1. Conditional branch doing both things

Thanks I just tried it, but it still causes both parts of the conditional branch to run when down is pressed.   I'm beginning to think there is no way of solving this issue,  
  2. Conditional branch doing both things

I based these off of the script calls list.   I have tried replacing the word 'Pressed' with 'Triggered'  -  (Input.isTriggered(down)).   I have tried giving the word down a capital D.   Then I looked up Java script and used this which doesn't give an error, but nothing...
  3. Conditional branch doing both things

Thanks for the suggestion but instead you get an error 'unexpected string'.  I tried asking on the script call thread but no-one replied.
  4. RPG Maker MV / MZ Script Call List

Does any one know the script for checking if the down key is being pressed  I tried (Input.isPressed(down)) but i keep getting error input undefined.
  5. Conditional branch doing both things

I tried typing in the script call: (Input.isTriggered(down)), I've also tried (Input.isTriggered(ok)) but it kept producing an error of down is not defined/ok is not defined, I can't seem to find a list of script calls for the buttons within MV.  I saw something that said press F1 in playtest...
  6. Conditional branch doing both things

It is definitely this page that goes first as i put some text in like you suggested, although the text played repeatedly.  The other pages I just copied and pasted from this one and changed the event location and self switches. Your right the event moves on its own and you press the down key...
  7. Conditional branch doing both things

I have made a slider game where you have to stop a slider over the max button But i'm having trouble with the conditional branch that decides if you stopped it in the correct place.  If you stop it correctly the pull slider should move faster but if you don't you hear a buzzer and take 20...
  8. What is the correct script

okay, that's great, thanks
  9. What is the correct script

I chose the face and battler as none because all i need is my character to appear as an arrow so i may move them along a bar and activate a switch when they touch it.  So the actor is not part of my party and I haven't added them to my party as I just needed the first character to change...
  10. What is the correct script

Okay that's great to know.  Thanks for all the help, you're explanations are very useful, because of them i have found a way to do everything with variables. Is there a reason why the change actor image might not work.  I have chosen it as a parallel process when the level starts but it is...
  11. What is the correct script

would it be easier then to have a script check if an event touches another event, if so what would i need to write for that?
  12. What is the correct script

I'm trying to use a script to check if my event comes into contact with a particular region. region 6, and if it does i'm going to have it move faster.  This is what i have so far but it is not doing anything when i click on it with the action button. I tried typing 6 after the words...
  13. [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Thanks so much, i realised your help file mentions about map notes which has helped me sort my problem.
  14. [YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Hello  I'm having an issue with region restrictions. i want an event to be able to pass through more than one region, regions 2 and 6 at the moment.  Works fine for just 2, but if I add 6 the event no longer moves, it won't even move along the 2 region until it meets the 6 region.  I looked...
  15. Sin's Little bit of Everything

Okay thank you.  May i just ask what you write in your notetags, it maybe i've used wrong wording as i tried copying ones that came with other battlers, where people had provided the command for their images.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vertette