MasterTaffer
Last Activity:
Mar 10, 2017
Birthday:
Nov 12, 1993 (Age: 25)

Share This Page

MasterTaffer

Villager, Male, 25, from New York

When I say "I researched", I actually mean that I went to the Wikipedia page and read the first paragraph at the top. Mar 4, 2017

MasterTaffer was last seen:
Mar 10, 2017
    1. MasterTaffer
      MasterTaffer
      When I say "I researched", I actually mean that I went to the Wikipedia page and read the first paragraph at the top.
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Me too though. Except when it's something I actually require for school.
        Mar 4, 2017
    2. MasterTaffer
      MasterTaffer
      If somebody makes a text game using ascii art as a stand-in for graphics, would it still be a text game?
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I vote no. The text is not being used as text, it's being used as graphics.
        Feb 18, 2017
        Wyn Wizard likes this.
      2. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        May i point you both to the game rougelike?
        Feb 18, 2017
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I know about roguelikes in general and that game as well as dwarf fortress. Not my thing.
        Feb 18, 2017
    3. MasterTaffer
      MasterTaffer
      I don't know why IGN even bothers to write reviews, people only seem to care about the scores.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. barnzie8
        barnzie8
        The reviews don't always match the score. Not much reason to pay attention to these "professionals."
        Jan 27, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. Alexander Amnell
        Alexander Amnell
        RPG enthusiasts paying attention to professional reviews/scores in this day and age? From what I've seen only action/adventure games with light to almost no actual rpg elements stand a chance to see a decent score by 'professionals' anyway. Being a preferred genre of mine I had to stop paying attention to them, refuse to believe that Fallout 4 Farcry: Wasteland is among the best rpgs can do in 2016.

When it gets to the point where you're actively seeking out games with the worst scores you can find because you find yourself enjoying them more than anything with an 8+ score you kind of realize that there aren't really very many professionals out their representing your particular tastes anymore. Much better to seek out lets plays and judge for yourself based on the game itself rather than rely on opinions that may or may not even consider the aspects of the genre that are actually important to you.
        Jan 27, 2017
        2 people like this.
      5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        and oh, most of them are graphic enthusiasts too.. Anything not super eye-candy gets insta low scores.
        Jan 28, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    4. MasterTaffer
      MasterTaffer
      "I'll never finish a game, it's too much work!"

Spend an hour making a 5 minute game. Congrats, you just finished your first game.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        When I was 12 I made a short game using DBGames (I think that was the name of the engine?). It was an old dos engine that was around from 91 - 95. Anyways, it only took a week, but it was done. Sure, the game was terrible, but I had a game done.

Then I went in and made a sequel using what I learned, and it was much better (at least for a 12 year old who had played like 3 RPG's so far, so the bar is still pretty low!)
        Jan 12, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        I will make a game one day, but right now my main focus is honeing my pixel art skill. I love the art aspect of Game Dev. Also, note that it's possible to make a game all on your own (note: undertale, cave story, stardew valley...all were made by only one person.), but it took quite a bit of time...rpg maker is easy enough for a kid to understand, but it won't shave any time off the process. Just don't give up :)  . Maybe find an area of game dev and (coding, art, writing, audio...) and study that a whole. 
        Jan 12, 2017
      5. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        ..a while.
        Jan 12, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 12, 1993 (Age: 25)
    First Language:
    English